Game-Labs Forum

Stop surrender abuse

Twice yesterday we bettered some Brit players.

After long fights on both occasions both players hit the surrender button at battles end.

This denied PvP marks to the victors.

This dishonoursble gameplay is ruining the combat in NA.

Suggestion:

Allow surrender at any time but dont penalise the victor/victors for this cowardly play.

All attackers should be awarded PvP marks.

• Like 2

I agree.   Give all attackers PvP Marks.  Let traders surrender rather than having to wait and watch their ships get destroyed or captured.  And thanks for the heads up Crow. I thought I was doing the attacker a favor by surrendering.  Weird game mechanics, not intuitive.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Huh, just go inspect the ship and hit the sink button

Surrendering doesnt deny marks, you get the option to keep the ship or sink it for marks. Just like boarding.

Only the guy hitting sink button gets a couple of marks. No one else.

Last night I got 2 PvP marks for an aggy. My oppo got squat.

Twice this happened.

Next time I will report as a bug.

Edited by Crow

You said you had a long fight.  That means yalll did damage so folks should of got marks for that.  If you got 2 for an aggressive you where sharing you marks with some one else that did damage as you should get more than that if you where the only one with the kill/assist.

It's a mechanic .... not a bug and neither an abuse. 

You can ask to change it because you do not like it, but please stop talking like if you have some kind of right to change it as if it was an abuse or a bug.

Edited by victor

41 minutes ago, Crow said:

Only the guy hitting sink button gets a couple of marks. No one else.

Last night I got 2 PvP marks for an aggy. My oppo got squat.

Twice this happened.

Next time I will report as a bug.

Were there AI on your side in the battle? Or possibly Forts? If an enemy ship is damaged by AI or Forts the damage they deal will cause you to get less rewards. 

If you are in a 1v1 with an enemy, and they surrender, you can sail up and sink the ship, and will get ALL the rewards. I have done this many many times.

Oddly enough we had a straight surrender, yesterday, of a United Provinces Hercules. We reached for the ship. Check the content and put her to the bottom. It yielded the marks.

Same happened later with a Rattlesnake. Three bow chaser shots and a surrender. Did also yield the rewards.

There was no AI present in any of the battles.

24 minutes ago, victor said:

You can ask to change it because you do not like it, but please stop talking like if you have some kind of right to change it as if it was an abuse or a bug.

Please try to stop telling people how they should write their posts. A forum is a place of opinion and expression and I have the same right as you to express my points and opinions how I see fit.

You have the right to ignore them and not comment if you so wish.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action.

As you have commented I will explain:

1 snow and 1 Prince v aggy.

One of us took down the sails of the aggy all the while deflecting his shot and out manouvering him. The other worked his rear.

At the end when he was softend up I boarded him when he had 150 crew left.

A couple of rounds in his crew was about 70 or so he surrenders.

I get 2 pvp marks and some fish. ( I dont like fish).

Now TO ME that's not normal.

Possible no rewards for sail damage??

Possible no rewards for team mate when he surrendered?

Possible abuse of a broken mechanic?

Possibly a bug?

Maybe interference from the fish god?

3 minutes ago, Crow said:

Please try to stop telling people how they should write their posts. A forum is a place of opinion and expression and I have the same right as you to express my points and opinions how I see fit.

You have the right to ignore them and not comment if you so wish.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best course of action.

As you have commented I will explain:

1 snow and 1 Prince v aggy.

One of us took down the sails of the aggy all the while deflecting his shot and out manouvering him. The other worked his rear.

At the end when he was softend up I boarded him when he had 150 crew left.

A couple of rounds in his crew was about 70 or so he surrenders.

I get 2 pvp marks and some fish. ( I dont like fish).

Now TO ME that's not normal.

Possible no rewards for sail damage??

Possible no rewards for team mate when he surrendered?

Possible abuse of a broken mechanic?

Possibly a bug?

Maybe interference from the fish god?

Do you happen to have screenshots? Screenshots of the battle, as well as screenshots of the results (the info where it says % of damage dealt and also shows rewards) would be useful to discover if this is a bug or not. 

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Were there AI on your side in the battle? Or possibly Forts? If an enemy ship is damaged by AI or Forts the damage they deal will cause you to get less rewards. 

If you are in a 1v1 with an enemy, and they surrender, you can sail up and sink the ship, and will get ALL the rewards. I have done this many many times.

No AI present.

See above.

It happened twice both very similar.

(The other was a Indy although this guy surrendered straight away.)

Everyone that does damage receives marks.

Two of our squadron intercepted a Indiaman on a beeline, afk.

He surrenders after a couple shots, iirc 1 chain from chaser and a couple swivels.

7 marks for one, 2 marks for another.

Please, please. Report what bugs you find but make sure you confirm the data and give as much information as possible.

Thank you.

Just now, EliteDelta said:

you happen to have screenshots? Screenshots of the battle, as well as screenshots of the results (the info where it says % of damage dealt) would be useful to discover if this is a bug or

Unfortunately not.

But I will look for it in future.

4 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Everyone that does damage receives marks.

Two of our squadron intercepted a Indiaman on a beeline, afk.

He surrenders after a couple shots, iirc 1 chain from chaser and a couple swivels.

7 marks for one, 2 marks for another.

Please, please. Report what bugs you find but make sure you confirm the data and give as much information as possible.

Interesting. I hope this was just a one off then. I will screenshot if it happens again.

Edited by Crow

Just now, Crow said:

Unfortunately not.

But I will look for it in future.

It is definitely possible that there could be a bug, next time I would report with f11 in-game, take as many screenshots as possible, and report on the forums again. It seems most of us have not experienced this problem yet. 

Yes.

Confirm with your companions what rewards they get. :)

Screenshot the battle table and the battle report, etc.

Do a bug report, explain what you noticed and how to replicate the bug and you can enter the links in the description box :)

The problem here is that people always take PvP marks instead.

You don't need fleet perk and you don't have to sail the ship back to friendly port.

Was better when you captured a 1st rate or a trader full of expensive goods and tried to get it back to friendly port. Enemy trying to recapture the ship.

I understood that one reason for 1 dura ships was that those ships keep their value?

PvP marks need a fix or should be removed from the game.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

The problem here is that people always take PvP marks instead.

You don't need fleet perk and you don't have to sail the ship back to friendly port.

Was better when you captured a 1st rate or a trader full of expensive goods and tried to get it back to friendly port. Enemy trying to recapture the ship.

I understood that one reason for 1 dura ships was that those ships keep their value?

PvP marks need a fix or should be removed from the game.

Would't agree entirely tbh. It's always dependent on the situation. A trader full with fien goods - nice but where to sell them? Do I find this trader next to a capital where there is people to be expected for revenge? Or in the middle of the ocean perhaps with the possibility to get into an all-consuming port (imo it has always a problem that there is so few of those on the map). Should I sink a ship that is not special at all or take it with me? From a nation like the swedish that lived for one year in prosperity where its hard to sell a Teak/Wo Bellona for 800k (now imagine the prices for frigates) PvP marks are just worth more than a casual ship. For someone from another nation this might differ again. 

I still don't know how people can not have pvp marks and they atill are sold for 150k+. Every player can participate in the pvp events where you get these marks for killing bots. 10 marks a day, ezpz. The market should be flooded with these marks.. which would reduce their value.

You should not get any PvP marks from traders, ever. You get the trader and cargo.

Economy is super heavy so everyone wants to find an easy exit from it. This comes through PvP marks and DLC ships. Like many said, NA is now fun when you actually get your naval ACTION through DLC ships.

To make working economy they have to make trading/crafting a competitive way to produce fun.

I could imagine that shallow water ships are not selling that well now after DLC ships.

Upgrades should follow the line. 1.5m copper plating for 1st rate, 150k for 5th rate.

Economy right now is in really bad spot.

Hachi and the rest, I am sorry that this went off topic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

You should not get any PvP marks from traders, ever. You get the trader and cargo.

Economy is super heavy so everyone wants to find an easy exit from it. This comes through PvP marks and DLC ships. Like many said, NA is now fun when you actually get your naval ACTION through DLC ships.

To make working economy they have to make trading/crafting a competitive way to produce fun.

I could imagine that shallow water ships are not selling that well now after DLC ships.

Upgrades should follow the line. 1.5m copper plating for 1st rate, 150k for 5th rate.

The problem is that the trader and cargo is not worth your time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Wrong if you kill a ship you get marks period no matter what the ship is.   I have had fought off and killed solo payers tryign to get my goods.   Why should i not be worth the marks if I had been war ships instead?  The problem is most of the trade runners don't fight back, they give up once tagged. I lost ships and I won ships and I gotten out of a fight until reenforcement could join.  All these battles should be rewarding all involved the same way no matter if your in a war ship or trade ship.  I have dummped multi million dollar cargos cause I was hunting be hind enemy lines.  In RL they didn't always bring the prize or ship back, they took what they wanted and than scuttled the rest.  To me sinking an enemy trade ships hurts there economy which is what you do in wards.  I should not be forced to only take the ship or cargo as my reward.  If I don't want them than I should still get rewarded the same for sinking that ship.

Oh and I solo hunt behind enemy lines with a LGV Refit with a Reno in fleet.  I'm going after lone traders or even groups of them cause 9 times out of 10 they don't have any guns on them.  Yes I"m in an LGV Refit for two reasons.  To duck into a port i f I need to and if the cargo is worth taking I can quickly sale it off in port or stash it some where for later transfer back to safer waters.  I bet if some one is smart about it they prob can hunt in a normal LGV (Indimans are just to slugish and slow to be good hunters).