Game-Labs Forum

10 hours ago, Eyesore said:

There is no hatred against clans from me.

Grouped up players always will have the advantage. Yes, they need the tools to make things work.

Ofcourse, you can make a one-man-clan and have a warehouse and the other perks it brings. Perfectly within reason to invest in as a soloplayer. But then again, you can give this option to begin with (which actually would give clans a much bigger 'warehouse' as a side-effect, perhaps unfortunate? 😉 ). 

Extra dockingspace ... how many slots are we talking about? 2? As they are only ment to hold a ship briefly? What if the ship doesn't get picked up? How long can it be in storagestatus?

Or some sort of deliverysystem ... Like we can store ships in the shipmarket? Each clan-player can stock up extra ships with a system like that? Then why not give a soloplayer the same amount of dockingspace?

Why would a solo-player need less dockingspace than a clan-player? He's likely to sink more, so a bigger shipstock makes life for him also a bit easier?

Wasn't the point to try to attract new players? Of all kinds of playstyles? Casuals might like to stock up on ships, so they can burn through them when they have an active playingperiod? Would giving them the same 'advantages'  as clanmembers have be fair?

You already have it as a solo player, you can put a stupid ship you might not like for sale to save space in your own dockyard, either it sells or you can reclaim it for later. The pros with clan dockyard is if 1 clan member crafts a ship for player 1 which is not online he can pick it up later. If the ship stats there for a long time obv give it to someone else or sell it. You sound like a nitpicker when you are asking about this the way you do it

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, Eyesore said:

There is no hatred against clans from me.

Grouped up players always will have the advantage. Yes, they need the tools to make things work.

Ofcourse, you can make a one-man-clan and have a warehouse and the other perks it brings. Perfectly within reason to invest in as a soloplayer. But then again, you can give this option to begin with (which actually would give clans a much bigger 'warehouse' as a side-effect, perhaps unfortunate? 😉 ). 

Extra dockingspace ... how many slots are we talking about? 2? As they are only ment to hold a ship briefly? What if the ship doesn't get picked up? How long can it be in storagestatus?

Or some sort of deliverysystem ... Like we can store ships in the shipmarket? Each clan-player can stock up extra ships with a system like that? Then why not give a soloplayer the same amount of dockingspace?

Why would a solo-player need less dockingspace than a clan-player? He's likely to sink more, so a bigger shipstock makes life for him also a bit easier?

Wasn't the point to try to attract new players? Of all kinds of playstyles? Casuals might like to stock up on ships, so they can burn through them when they have an active playingperiod? Would giving them the same 'advantages'  as clanmembers have be fair?

You are solo player by choice. If each player was given a million gold for joining a clan, and you decided to stay solo, that would be your choice. You have the ability to have any and all advantages of being part of a clan and you choose not to. It is your choice to give up any benefits that clans receive.

Do you get it yet???? It is your choice. If you can’t play nice with others that is something you should work on.

(clan) Naval Bases in region capitals only.

No extra docks.

Clan members can "donate" unused slots to be used for Naval Base construction.

Slots become marked in the player UI as [in use by clan].

Naval Base becomes accessible same as the Warehouse.

This way all slots available for the solo and clansman are equal numbers, with the choices falling into each playstyle. 

Solo has no clan support. Clansman can use common pool of slots without anyone, individually, have more slots than anyone else.

• Like 1

I find solo vs clan players equality thing to be very shallow and meaningless.

If you play solo, go capture an enemy port and enjoy benefits ??? This is a clan based game it is your choice to stay solo. I have the admirality DLC, I have lots of dockspace.

Thing is dockspace is needed for the clan, for newly built ships, we have been crafting 80 ships a week, please do not compare it with solo play.

If there was no DLC, we would put lots of ships for sale. ( 1 tlynx for 500k ?)

So this idea will help clan bussiness, it is not an advantage or something. It is a disadvantage not to have. Clan bussiness is difficult in this game for the guys carrying the clan.

2 hours ago, Wyy said:

You already have it as a solo player, you can put a stupid ship you might not like for sale to save space in your own dockyard, either it sells or you can reclaim it for later. The pros with clan dockyard is if 1 clan member crafts a ship for player 1 which is not online he can pick it up later. If the ship stats there for a long time obv give it to someone else or sell it. You sound like a nitpicker when you are asking about this the way you do it

Yes, everybody can do that, clan or soloplayer. So there is no problem there?

How long can those crafted ships be held in transit before it comes a storageroom? How many slots you think would be fair or convenient enough to work with? If additional slots are given, why not give the same amount of docks to a every player then?

I try not to nitpick, I understand and agree that clans need tools or ways to organize themselves.

1 hour ago, Old Crusty said:

You are solo player by choice. If each player was given a million gold for joining a clan, and you decided to stay solo, that would be your choice. You have the ability to have any and all advantages of being part of a clan and you choose not to. It is your choice to give up any benefits that clans receive.

Do you get it yet???? It is your choice. If you can’t play nice with others that is something you should work on. 

You are clan-player by choice. If each player was given a million gold for playing solo, and you decided to stay in a clan, that would be your choice. You have the ability to have any and all advantages of being solo and you choose not to. It is your choice to give up any benefits that solo-players receive.

I geuss the flaw in your arguement is fairly obvious?

A solo-player has to work together just as much as a clanplayer, perhaps even more and under bigger stress. Why do you think solo-players are doing it wrong? He has to open and move outposts and supply them just like a clanmember has to do? He has to have ships in that outpost, in time to be able to show up for that screening fight? When that port is lost, that soloplayer also has to move his stuff around again. I work with clans and players across nations, I play in a 'team', not the same as a clan, but if I don't try to have good relations with people in game, I can't get anything done either (just the same for a clan).

32 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

I find solo vs clan players equality thing to be very shallow and meaningless.

If you play solo, go capture an enemy port and enjoy benefits ??? This is a clan based game it is your choice to stay solo. I have the admirality DLC, I have lots of dockspace.

Thing is dockspace is needed for the clan, for newly built ships, we have been crafting 80 ships a week, please do not compare it with solo play.

If there was no DLC, we would put lots of ships for sale. ( 1 tlynx for 500k ?)

So this idea will help clan bussiness, it is not an advantage or something. It is a disadvantage not to have. Clan bussiness is difficult in this game for the guys carrying the clan. 

I'm not sure what you mean with that first line ... you don't think that individual players should have the same difficulties/opportunities?

I did not say that a soloplayer should be able to capture and even hold a port on his own. Yes, rvr is obviously clanbased. I talk about individuals, whether they are solo or in a clan.

Again, yes, clans need the tools to be able to operate. What Hethwill suggest seems far more reasonable than simply creating extra dockingspace for clanmembers only.

Dockspace is needed for everybody, I have ships stored away in the market aswell ... I made a one-man-clan (so, i would benefit form the op's suggestion aswell) ... I don't have an alt yet ... don't have any dlc (they make no sense to me in early acces, aside from all the other problems they cause atm). Isn't this all circumventing mechanics? Norfolk would probably be better able to describe the issue.

I put surplus ships to market, or give them away (because people got me some goods or were just friendly and needed a replacement or are new), the good ships very rarely make it to market as you know.

And, just to be clear, I fully understands the difficulties of leading a group and have respect for those that want to do it in their sparetime. It will be frustrating, hats off for those guys/girls. Clans need tools to make organization possible, we just have to be carefull about how to do that.

Wow eyesore, why do you have such a difficult time understanding that everything is available to all players no matter what? You have the option to take advantage of every aspect of the game.

With your argument I can argue that if a first rate gets 42 pound guns then I should get them on my Cutter. I am a Rear Admiral that chooses to sail a cutter but I should have the same guns available to me that other rear admirals have sailing first rates.

Embarrassing argument isn’t it? You choose to not take advantage of every aspect of the game because you have something against joining a clan. Your choice but all content is available for you.

What about -- and not as a DLC -- a clan gets two dock spaces at their warehouse location per every 10 members? Allows a bit of space for holding a ship for reserve or offline clanmember but not game changing. Also encourages clan growth/unity and discourages clan or nation jumping. 

8 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Wow eyesore, why do you have such a difficult time understanding that everything is available to all players no matter what? You have the option to take advantage of every aspect of the game.

With your argument I can argue that if a first rate gets 42 pound guns then I should get them on my Cutter. I am a Rear Admiral that chooses to sail a cutter but I should have the same guns available to me that other rear admirals have sailing first rates.

Embarrassing argument isn’t it? You choose to not take advantage of every aspect of the game because you have something against joining a clan. Your choice but all content is available for you.

You bring a flawed arguement?

Then make another?

Then make assumptions and try to become personal?

gg, wp