Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcement zone for top 2 nations?

Just a suggestion, how about the two strongest nations loose reinforcement zone?. Or is that a bad thing?.

I mean, being so strong surely they can take care of themselves and don't need to be protected like other nations?.

What you think.

Maybe that would be like punishing them for being strong though, which is not intention.

Edited by Po Tsai

This would make new players think twice before joining nation just because they are nr 1 or nr 2. They maybe go to nation nr 3 or 4?.

Consider it an underdog bonus.

Maybe we will see shift in power more frequently then it has been. (Sweden was top dog for a year or so?).

I don't know, discuss.:). Might be terrible idea.

Edited by Po Tsai

One more thing, on top of that something needs to be implemented to reward being nr 1 more then it is now.

Maybe not a reward that will unbalance power, but something that makes players really want to struggle for that nr 1 spot. Will make nations not settle for nr 2. They will want that first spot. 

Edited by Po Tsai

20 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

One more thing, on top of that something needs to be implemented to reward being nr 1 more then it is now.

Maybe not a reward that will unbalance power, but something that makes players really want to struggle for that nr 1 spot. Will make nations not settle for nr 2. They will want that first spot. 

Banners, flags, paints, could be the answer. Only vanity.

I do appreciate the idea to give a reason for a nation pushing for 1st place in RvR (and something less shiny 2nd top).

But losing (SMALLER but REALLY safe) reinforcements zones.

So inviting people to join 3/4th ranked.

Thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

So stupid idea, that would make big nations try to stay on top 3 position or lower all the time. "Leaders" will enforce on random/casual/small clans to abandon ports to drop in rank. That would cause lots of dramas when clans will refuse to drop ports and additionally that will make a big part of the map grey, neutral ports because no one would be interested in top 2 positions besides "hardcore" nations that don't have the reinforcement zone. On top of that, Being the top 2 bring no benefits anymore, right? I can't remember.

Thanks for your input.

Oh, did you read my 4th post about this?.

Edited by Po Tsai

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

There will be no shift in power, the entire RvR ranking does not show the power of the nation, just how many useless ports they hold. Prussia is somewhere in the middle or at the bottom, but we're one of the major powers in NA. We just don't like to capture useless ports or conquer half of the map.

That is exactly why I suggested on my 4th post/comment that devs implement something to struggle for. 

Yeah ok.

But i still would like to see something to encourage more rvr. Like you said "We just don't like to capture useless ports or conquer half of the map."

They need to fix that, ports shouldn't be useless. They weren't in real life and shouldn't be in game.

But i guess that's another topic, and goes hand in hand with other topics of more content to the game.

Edited by Po Tsai

Resources needs to be more valuable, then rvr gets exiting again, now everyone can have their alt change between nations and overbid others for resources, which often makes the clan owner suffer for the upkeep and maintanance of the port. Clans should control who gets to bid for rare resources and not from their own nation, alts in other nations wouldnt be so useful as of today. Then it will get interesting

Edited by Guest
Stupid autocorrect REE

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

HOW ABOUT we do away with all safe zones and remake the rookie area and put it in the pacific ocean. this topic has already been discussed and shot down in great detail. care bears need to care bear. open world pvp is dead. NA is only an RVR game. 

Huh..

Edited by Po Tsai

2 hours ago, Po Tsai said:

Not a single word you said made sense. Go to bed.

so delete safe zones for all nations...……… 

remake rookie zones.(they used to be in the game about a year ago. it is supposed to be a newb friendly zone with special rules of engagement.)

put that rookie zone on the other side of mexico. (aka pacific Ocean.)

Safe zones have killed open world pvp. most of your hunters have quit the game because there is no pvp except that which  can be found in safe zones.

2 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

You are one of the primary reasons the reinforcement zones exist. 

thank you for the credit sir. 

• Like 1

I rather have my battle close in 2 minutes ( or whatever is today ) than the zone 10 minutes and play the "what if" card of having friendlies saving my bacon.

What happens in reality is that those 10 minutes entry are more than enough for enemies to invade a OW battle and kill the player 1 out of 20 times.

On the good side of things, if the player is directly attacked he has the opportunity to summon AI and the battle remains open - important! NPC are reinforcements for the player, they are not replacements of the player.

So, this being said, while the protective umbrella of the Zones do work hand in hand with the evolving newcomer - missions close immediately, it is also of note that they also give a false sense of security when operating against roaming NPCs.

By this reason the players that stick to the zone play more and more closer to the capital ports. Barely moving outside the Capital Zone as they sense that the "security" offered is still not enough so they carve their little peace of peace without resorting to a full move to pve environment.

The OP proposition is interesting, as a "balancer" for population but, in my opinion, in a erroneous way.