Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NethrosDefectus

Surrendering denies the enemy PvP marks and other great misconceptions

I've noticed more and more people lately (both in nation and global) claiming that you can just surrender and it stops the enemy getting PvP marks. 

This is wrong, if you surrender all the other guy has to do is inspect your ship and press the sink button. 

Don't make it easy for them, go down guns blazing!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I've noticed more and more people lately (both in nation and global) claiming that you can just surrender and it stops the enemy getting PvP marks. 

This is wrong, if you surrender all the other guy has to do is inspect your ship and press the sink button. 

Why there is no point of doing it

9 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I am not sure that this is truth. If the enemy surrenders, you can loot him, and sink him afterwards, which gives you a "KILL"= PVP marks.

I think if you surrender before anyone couse any damage you do not get PvP marks there were a case enemy surrendered but i could not loot him and got no PvP marks

Edited by Lovec1990
  • Like 1

Actually it does denie marks for the group. Yes that one guy that scuttles the ship will get marks and rewards, but the other guys won't get crap.  Cause normally rewards are given out for kills and assit.  So if no damage is done by others they get nothing.  It's a dick move some folks do to denie a fight and I seen it happen a few times in the past, but that was also why we got the devs to change it so you get rewards any way if you scuttle the captured ship.

Now here is the thign if you have a bunch of cargo and you do this you just gave them every thing.  If you atleast charge at them and get them to sink you they loose some of that cargo as the game only lets them loot a percentage of what you had on you when your sinking.  So it's better to go in with a blaze and die to let them not get all your loot.

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Because it was fixed. Before this statement was true, that's why people claim it. Of course, you will not see it in patch notes because @admin didn't mention it and you have to "experience and test the full immersion of testing the game and find everything on your own".

• Like 1

Usually I don't surrender, I fight until sink, but surrendering saves your crew and for new players it's a valid option, you don't spent more gold recruiting new crew.

• Like 1

Surrendering is what happens when the "admiral gives you that look". :) 

Also, surrendering was a option to save Officer lives and Crew lives when it was introduced.

Crew did cost 500 gold a head and Officers ( basically ship knowledge and refits all packed in 1 ) had 10 lives.

Once Officer lives ended one had to train a new officer again.

So yeah, Surrender could make sense again, devs willing.

• Like 3

If an AI does the majority damage in a battle then you surrender, your ship becomes the AIs property and the attacking player cant access it to sink it.

So take some damage from Ai before you surrender if you really want to be scummy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG Monkey said:

Also if a fort causes the most damage and the player surrenders you cant get access to it :)

oh yeah that does suck and needs fixing