Game-Labs Forum

My SECOND CAMPAIGN HAS STARTED !

contact

A week now into my second Campaign. CSA BG level.

Now I have learned how the Barracks works from lessons learned in my first Campaign I am optimistic I will go further.

So far I have fought the minor battles prior to 1st Bull Run. No problem at all !

On to 1st Bull Run. My forces numbered 22516 and 27 guns. I was faced by 24414, including 654 Cavalry and 42 guns.

Knowing my way around the Barracks was key in my Victory. Union loses were 18456 infantry, 28 guns and 451 Cavalry with 1729 missing.

My loses were 7622, 6 guns. 

Also, I did not stop when the finish came at the top of the screen. The Union troops were taking a beaten and I was determined to drive home the advantage.

When the battle did come to an end. The Union had 1 remains of a Brigade left. It number approx 200 men !

My reward was pleasing. I received an extra 1000 recruits in exchange for 1729 prisoners. Army Organization +1 Corps. A new General called Thomas Jackson. He comes highly regarded. We shall see !

All this is down to my understanding of the Barracks and the need to keep inflicting as many casualties on the Union as possible.

Lessons learned the hard way in my first Campaign.

Looking forward to the second Campaign which culminates in The Battle of Shiloh. Can’t wait !

Edited by contact
Error

• 4 weeks later...

My second campaign is going very well. To give an idea. So far I have won every battle. Minor and main engagements. To give an idea I have just won Chancellorsville on day one. Followed by a simple victory at the church which follows on. I am trying to inflict as many casualties as possible to keep Union numbers down. Also to take prisoners to exchange for recruits.

All this is only because I now understand how the Barracks works. I learned the hard way in my first campaign, when my army was pitiful. I  enjoyed the small encounter at Brandy Station as this involved using Jeb Stuarts troops !

I will soon start to organise the 3 Corps required for Gettysburg. My forces will number just under seventy 71,000 plus 90 Guns.

My Corps commanders are Robert E Lee, Thomas Jackson and A.P.Hill. Hill will not be required as only 3 Corps required. At the moment my rating is higher than his. My reputation is at 100, so I may spend and increase my forces.

I do expect another Victory. Weapons are not a problem. I am capturing large numbers fron the Union. Over 7000 Harpers Ferry and even 9 20pdr Parrots plus 12pdr guns and other infantry weapons.

I cannot stress enough all this is only possible because I now understand the Barracks. I have learned if you wish to succeed,it is so important to learn this part of the game.

Onwards and upwards 🤞

54 minutes ago, Sanny said:

You will always have more success every time you start a new campaign, the second one especially, it's a learning experience.

Glad you're enjoying the game by the way.

Hi

Yes. Agree there. I didn’t expect to do to well in my first campaign. I did use it to learn how the Barrack’s worked. But still enjoyed it. I was pleased to have got to Gettysburg.

But now. It’s a whole different ball game. Very enjoyable as was the first campaign. But nice to have so many troops !

I find it enjoyable when in Barracks. Sorting out my Corps. Weapons etc.

UG is brilliant. Not just I’m now doing better.

Always enjoyed it. Win or lose

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 11:29 AM, contact said:

Hi

Yes. Agree there. I didn’t expect to do to well in my first campaign. I did use it to learn how the Barrack’s worked. But still enjoyed it. I was pleased to have got to Gettysburg.

But now. It’s a whole different ball game. Very enjoyable as was the first campaign. But nice to have so many troops !

I find it enjoyable when in Barracks. Sorting out my Corps. Weapons etc.

UG is brilliant. Not just I’m now doing better.

Always enjoyed it. Win or lose

Cheers.

Definitely getting to Gettysburg is a great milestone in the game, the campaign battles do increase in difficulty from that point. The next major battle following Gettysburg, Chickamauga is arguably the most challenging battle of the game.

I played the hell out of UG: Gettysburg so I know every trick in the book when it comes to the battle in UG: Civil War (even though it's more condensed, the three days are still a challenge). 

If you need any help/advice at any point, feel free to ask.

All I would say for now, in the early Confederate Campaign, try not to lose too many troops, your manpower is your most precious resource above weapons and cash funds. I would also keep your brigades small, 1000 men max, and fill out your corps. This allows for plenty flanking capability in battle. Use the terrain to your advantage and play defensively when not on the offensive. Of course this is down to your own play-style so you don't need to follow my advice.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I’m trying to loose as few troops as possible but trying to inflict as many casualties as poss. This keeps the Union numbers down.

I always looked to take prisoners. Handy for obtaining an extra 1000 recruits.

Also, pleased at the number of weapons I’m capturing.

Have finished Gettysburg. The battle finished on day 2. 

I inflicted a total of 39498 casualties. My loses were 15439.

I captured a number of goods. The highlight being 6930 Springfield M1861.

I have just finished Siege of Jackson. I fielded 59109 against the Union’s 57784.

Union losses were 39000 including 67 guns. My casualties were 15361. I also took 1629 prisoners which gave me an extra 1000 recruits.

So will be moving on to Chickamauga. My strength will 65,926 including 96 guns.

UG is brilliant. I’m playing it on Apple iMac. Very impressive !

Cheers

21 hours ago, Sanny said:

Definitely getting to Gettysburg is a great milestone in the game, the campaign battles do increase in difficulty from that point. The next major battle following Gettysburg, Chickamauga is arguably the most challenging battle of the game.

I played the hell out of UG: Gettysburg so I know every trick in the book when it comes to the battle in UG: Civil War (even though it's more condensed, the three days are still a challenge). 

All I would say for now, in the early Confederate Campaign, try not to lose too many troops, your manpower is your most precious resource above weapons and cash funds. I would also keep your brigades small, 1000 men max, and fill out your corps. This allows for plenty flanking capability in battle. Use the terrain to your advantage and play defensively when not on the offensive. Of course this is down to your own play-style so you don't need to follow my advice.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, Sanny said:

I have just finished the Battle of Chickamauga. You were right. Very challenging ! But very enjoyable at the same time.

Wow. It was like playing 5 small battles at the same time. Yet they were all linked. I was constantly going from one part to another part of the battle. Definitely needed to concentrate. I was worn out at the end !

Pleased to say I came out with a victory.

Onwards and upwards 🤞

111B867E-76B7-4BA9-8A71-6F06DA00A557.jpeg

Edited by contact
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another victory for the Confederacy.

The battle of Mansfield.

Looking to really inflict heavy casualties on the Union. Capturing large numbers of weapons. Coming in very handy !

Continuing to take prisoners to exchange for extra recruits.

So far so good. Keeping Union numbers down !

Onwards and upwards 🤞C9D91625-0473-43E7-864C-EBBA5636B89B.thumb.jpeg.ca2d50c43b4888ffb5253f014ede665f.jpeg