Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships in PBs needs to be fixed ASAP

12 minutes ago, Flinch said:

On the defense the US can screen and on the offense the US can multi-flip. Its a GOOD thing that a more skilled team can successfully defend its ports.

However, I do love pbs and would hate to not be able to sail in pbs because there just wasnt enough room for me. I think in that case you only multiflip and go after big ports.

That fine but when you have 30+ guys and they ask why can’t I go to the PB cause you have to send in your best guys every time cause one screw up with 5-7 guys can cost a whole PB compared to having 10-15 guys in them.  

The other thing is this fine with a small pop server but it won’t cut it if numbers where higher.  That your going to see nothing but multi flips.  Also if you can’t fill a big BR PB than you shouldn’t own it.  This game is called Naval action not Squadron Action.  The lack of big SOL PB has actually made a lot of guys I use to clan with stop playing.  They played for the big epic fights in SOL not in the kiddie pool boats.

9 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

even if dlc shis are denied PB what prevents them from screening?

A single requin cant tag a single first rate, a gang of requins cant tag a pb fleet of first rates either.  I think dlc ships are not very good screeners due to the low br.

33 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

He's referring to the shallows.

Last contested PB I was kinda involved in ( they had full fleet and I showed up late).   While it was US vs French the pirates where out side ganking folks left and right.  They had two Trincs screening for a shallow water port battle.  The rest was a mix of Hercs, La Req's and a few other 6th rates.  So that isn't going to change anything. I notice the shallows are a lot more smaller now a days compared to the OW map that shows it being a lot more area you can't get deep water ships in.  I been able to get a deep water ship very close to a lot of ports in the shallows we couldn't before.  

Honestly I'd solve the problem of DLC and PB (both shallow and deep) simply moving back Requin to 5th rates (but able to enter shallow water - a bit of realism) and avoiding Hercules to enter shallow waters at all). This will slight nerf her top.

Then changing Mortar Brig BR up to frigate level.

Then setting a minimum ship BR to enter deep PBs higher than both Hercules and Requin.

This way:

- No DLC in PBs (Requin/Herc banner from shallows being 5th and too low BR for deeps).

- Shallow PBs back territory of Niagara/Rattle melee.

- Deep PBs back mainly a SoL heavy battle with no small ship capping/kiting crap with at most a single 5th rate to disturb and kill the eventual mortar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flinch said:

Br needs a rebalance across the board. First rates are too low and tend to be the best bang for BR. The dlc ships are even worse for the BR problem. A requin and herc should be 160+BR.

First rates should be more like 800 BR. I think we would see the meta shift away from pure dlc pbs and pure first rate pbs if we did that.

What would solve the problem is a dynamic BR - the more a ship is used in PB, the higher it's BR gets, until it's no longer efficient to use it. This way PB's would get fully balanced compositions in a spread of time.

6 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@vazco but the problem is Le Requin and Hercules, who cries if 5 princes or L'Oceans were used ?

There are two problems:

1. unablanced DLC ships - they destroy OW PVP and RvR

2. some ships always being better than their BR suggest, which destroys diversity in RvR. Here a dynamic BR would help.

I still think the premium ships in PBs is just a symptom and that the real cause is the that you can deny your enemy points from circles they hold with less BR ships. But I totally support getting the premium ships out of PBs! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 4:34 AM, Old Crusty said:

here is the roster for the port battle at Little Harbor today. If anybody had any doubts that the shallow waters have been ruined by the DLC ships, well the proof is in the pudding.

Naval Action 7_29_2018 9_31_57 AM.png

Not just shallow water PBs. As I said, the PB with br of 2500 has become a festival of DLC ships. And it won't be long before the PB of 5,000 will be the same.
Circles, once used to avoid kiting, have become the best ally of DLC ships.
Just as the low BR was set up so that the small clan-faction clans would have a chance in front of the more populous, they are now a trap with the Requin and Hercules.

captura.jpg

Edited by CeltiberoClearco

13 minutes ago, dark lord rediii said:

Before the PB probably:

"I would like to join but I dont have the money for a requin or herc"

"sorry only reqs and hercs we want to win"

Is it pay to win? I think it is.

The same situation is there in deepwater portbattles. going in without or with less shallow dlc ships makes you lose.

RvR/Portbattles (the endgame) becomes a joke once again. The game is getting lower on pop again which shows that a functional RvR has the content to provide the gane ablong life and many more copies sold aswell as marketing trough different channels.

I hope @admin gets this and they will tweak the RvR with as much work as they put into the UI. 

you can join in a 2600 br pb with 25 herc and win! thats pay to win 

its no fun anymore in low br pbs

Edited by Christoph

14 minutes ago, dark lord rediii said:

Before the PB probably:

"I would like to join but I dont have the money for a requin or herc"

"sorry only reqs and hercs we want to win"

Is it pay to win? I think it is.

The same situation is there in deepwater portbattles. going in without or with less shallow dlc ships makes you lose.

RvR/Portbattles (the endgame) becomes a joke once again. The game is getting lower on pop again which shows that a functional RvR has the content to provide the gane ablong life and many more copies sold aswell as marketing trough different channels.

I hope @admin gets this and they will tweak the RvR with as much work as they put into the UI. 

This is how shallow water battles pretty much go.  Whenever someone says they don't have a requin I just groan knowing that a rattler or niagra in that persons spot hurts the group overall.  

We've effectively stopped trying to do them as a result.  Very sad.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Christendom said:

This is how shallow water battles pretty much go.  Whenever someone says they don't have a requin I just groan knowing that a rattler or niagra in that persons spot hurts the group overall.  

We've effectively stopped trying to do them as a result.  Very sad.

Shallow water port battles is where I really started to get PvP. (PvE is so completely different) Now the only ship you can use in a shallow PB is the “Le Requirement”. I absolutely refuse to buy it. I can afford it no problem but I will not support the developement of this game by buying a ship that is ruining the game.

6 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Shallow water port battles is where I really started to get PvP. (PvE is so completely different) Now the only ship you can use in a shallow PB is the “Le Requirement”. I absolutely refuse to buy it. I can afford it no problem but I will not support the developement of this game by buying a ship that is ruining the game.

Really you all flip over one ship claiming it is ruining the game while Alts ruined it before DLC ships come but hey no problem Alts can stay it does not matter if they ruin the game,but ship needs too go becouse it generated more PvP

Alts aren't required.  You don't HAVE to use one in the game.  Owning one or two helps and it does give a huge advantage, but it's not necessary.  

The requin is required to win shallow port battles.  See the difference?  This is pay to win.  

While I'm not a huge fan of P2W on principle, the DLC has brought a little life back into the game with OW PVP.  They just need to be removed from PBs completely.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Really you all flip over one ship claiming it is ruining the game while Alts ruined it before DLC ships come but hey no problem Alts can stay it does not matter if they ruin the game,but ship needs too go becouse it generated more PvP

The Le Requirement has a BR of 80. It’s actual value is double that. It is extremely obvious that because of its BR cost for port battles and the reward for sinking one is way to low compared to other ships, that the Le Requirement has hurt the game. 

You said “but the ship needs to go because it generated more PvP”. Do I really need to explain how wrong we that statement is??

I am trying to be nice with this last statement 

Edited by Old Crusty
Add statement

32 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

it definitely needs a big BR  change for PB’s if they’re allowed to enter. 

Still I suspect that the chances of light ships in Deep battles has been discovered to the fullest.

So I am waiting to see more and more variations (and tests in may be secondary ports initially) around more and more use of not 1st rates in Deep PBs.

2 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

It's unkillable unless another requin is fighting it as it can choose to run away when it wants or maybe prince

It’s impossible for people who think fore/aft ships are “trash” and think bigger ships require more skill to fight in.  

Don’t take a shotgun to a knife fight.