Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships in PBs needs to be fixed ASAP

Most likey this is post #200 about this, but here goes.

A casual look back over the "Great Battles" thread will pretty much tell a common tale of how typically the side with more DLC ships, wins.  The DLC ships are OP for their battle rating and in the case of the requin, the sail profile with pirate rig refit just makes them stupid easy to act as circle cappers and point deniers.  I'm ok with DLC ships being OP on the open water.  I'm not OK with them affecting the outcome of port battles.  Pre - DLC we would have multiple shallow battles a week.  Last week there was 1.  

Tonight at Jobe the pirates took 5 DLC ships into the Port battle to deny and contest circles.  It worked, rather easily.  Myself and Wraith occupied the southern circle with 2 requins and the french, with 2 bellonas, a herc and a MB in the circle with us, were not able to even close to sinking or demasting us.  It's stupid and unfortunately bringing these ships is now necessary.  The battles are boring and no longer dynamic.  And this is coming from the guy who won the battle.  I'm sure the french are even more frustrated.  Granted they made a laundry list of mistakes in there, but they had no counter to double requins in the circles (other than bring more requins..).  

606be6d432051ee42d968b8f22b59858.png

@admin @Ink, it's time to fix this shit before RVR dies out even more.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 16

I used to love the Nassau shallows event - I would go to each one. Since the DLC ships appeared, I have been to one... and that is probably the last one until the devs change these DLC ships

Edited by Elric
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

why?

People paid for them and they are premium.  Only reason.  I would of preferred no DLC ships personally, but they’re here and admin already cashed the checks for them.  They currently break 3 out of the 4 main sources of content in this game, I’d prefer RVR not not be one of them.  

• Like 3

The problem is you paid for them in that state and they did the same in world of Tanks, hit their premiums so hard with the nerf bat it makes it useless to have them, better to limit them to PB by raising their BR rating to above a first rate LOL.  or ban them altogether

Edited by BallsOfSteel
  • Like 1

Just raising their BR a little will help with the OP factor. If you could only bring half as many ships in a pb because you brought dlc ships it would balance out. 160 minimum for the requin and 200 for the hercules.

5 hours ago, Flinch said:

Just raising their BR a little will help with the OP factor. If you could only bring half as many ships in a pb because you brought dlc ships it would balance out. 160 minimum for the requin and 200 for the hercules.

I think that is a partial solution to the issue of DLC ships in PB's, however what may happen is that a PB Fleet will find itself intercepted by hordes of Xbecs, and or Hercules or whatever the next  over powered DLC ship is,  it could well be that PB's will be decided by the number of these ships screening and not by the quality  of crafted ships or player ability.

It is  one thing to actively engage with quality ships and good players knowing the odds are slim at best for average players with average ships, after all a significant number of the good players do try to help less skilled players with advice, even if the advice is sometimes not as well formatted as it could be.

It is quite another to turn up in ships that it takes the average player a long time to craft, find mods for, learn to master, only to be slaughtered by ships of lesser rate that take a few minutes to craft and are immensely powerful even as vanilla ships just because they are paid for. 

Surely there must be more satisfaction in using well crafted ships and learning how to sail and fight them even against the more skilled players, whom I suspect sometimes think to themselves that this fellow is improving and needs watching (even if they do not say so) or the lesser skilled player who lasts another few minutes longer each time they meet skilled players and see their skill improving because of that, as opposed to losing to ships that are so over powered that they are almost invulnerable. The former improves morale and makes the game worth playing, the latter demoralises  and forces less skilled players to quit the game.

... in my opinion DLC ships are a good thing ... for enthusiastic players and for the devs ... BUT ... they haven't to be better that other non DLC ships and they should be balanced to be not game breaking ...  

@devs ... please use this  status of the game to balance the ships ... later all DLC byers will cry if you nerv the DLC ships (they will request to get their money back) to keep the diversity of ships ........  please remember the time of  implementation of the Wasa ... 

thx for reading and reflecting

29 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

They promised us they are going to balance shallow water ships the following week they released the DLC.  That was several weeks ago.

The main issue with the requin is it is ability to become the ultimate trolling ship due to being impossible to hunt. It is too fast and his sails too strong. The masts and the sails HP should be nerfed, its hitboxes fixed.

Personally I will never go to the shallow patrol or any other patrol until they balance shallow ships AND introduce a rule that doesnt encourage ganking even in that kind of arena game which are patrols.

Sadly due to the amount of broken things in the game, every day I play less and less. One day I might say, it was fun when this and this werent so hugely broken.

#soon

but really if they just bump it up to 5th rate and bigger BR than now it will keep them out of shallow PB.  Not touch the stats just the class and BR until other ships Conan be balanced.

oh and this is one of many reason I keep bugging them about an update ETA for the patch cause some things need to be release now not wait weeks upon weeks while the finish up other patch things.  The balance patch should of been out last week not next month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Rather than removing them from port battles their BR should be adjusted so it's less appealing to pick them over alternatives.

The problem with that is some shallow waterr ports have more BR tha. 25 BR 80 ships would fill and still doesn’t change how OP it currently is compare to a HR, Prince and Niagar

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Rather than removing them from port battles their BR should be adjusted so it's less appealing to pick them over alternatives.

The issue today, is far too many shallow PB's have a BR in excess of 2500.  So raising the Requin BR from 80 to 100 will do nothing for those PB's.  

The other shallows ships are essentially useless.  I used to enjoy sailing the Heavy Rattlesnake - but not now.  It just cannot compete.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

People paid for them and they are premium.  Only reason.  I would of preferred no DLC ships personally, but they’re here and admin already cashed the checks for them.  They currently break 3 out of the 4 main sources of content in this game, I’d prefer RVR not not be one of them.  

Its not a reason to make DLC ships OP. Its only killing OW. This ships need rebalance asap. 

11 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Tell us please how to adjust BR of this ships ?  Set it to 300 ? 500 ? 

Right now shallow PBs and combat zone are premium content and devs have to change it by rebalance this two ships.

Br needs a rebalance across the board. First rates are too low and tend to be the best bang for BR. The dlc ships are even worse for the BR problem. A requin and herc should be 160+BR.

First rates should be more like 800 BR. I think we would see the meta shift away from pure dlc pbs and pure first rate pbs if we did that.

17 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Br needs a rebalance across the board. First rates are too low and tend to be the best bang for BR. The dlc ships are even worse for the BR problem. A requin and herc should be 160+BR.

First rates should be more like 800 BR. I think we would see the meta shift away from pure dlc pbs and pure first rate pbs if we did that.

Many deep water ports have to low of a BR we need more of them so 10-15 guys can fight not the same 5-7 guys every time.

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Many deep water ports have to low of a BR we need more of them so 10-15 guys can fight not the same 5-7 guys every time.

This isnt a problem for small nations that can only get 5-7 people to show up. Im just talking about how 1st rate and dlc ship BR is extremely efficient. 

6 minutes ago, Flinch said:

This isnt a problem for small nations that can only get 5-7 people to show up. Im just talking about how 1st rate and dlc ship BR is extremely efficient. 

That fine pick a small br port but US coast line is almost all small BR ports and we have at times 20-30 folks on PB nights.  It means small elite teams can tie up ports that larger nations that can fill larger PN can’t properly use there numbers

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That fine pick a small br port but US coast line is almost all small BR ports and we have at times 20-30 folks on PB nights.  It means small elite teams can tie up ports that larger nations that can fill larger PN can’t properly use there numbers

On the defense the US can screen and on the offense the US can multi-flip. Its a GOOD thing that a more skilled team can successfully defend its ports.

However, I do love pbs and would hate to not be able to sail in pbs because there just wasnt enough room for me. I think in that case you only multiflip and go after big ports.

3 minutes ago, Batman said:

And then you can enjoy your empty port battle.

What does this mean? Texas argued there was too many US players available for a single PB.

This is not about port battles on the east coast or multiflips.

raising the BR will only be a temporary fix and in the case of shallow water ports, requin and the herc will become the ultimate screening ship and a handful of them could tag in a shallow fleet.  No good.  

No DLC ships in PBs Ever.  Current or future.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3