Game-Labs Forum

Gunboat capsized, can Ove have a replacement?

Sverne

Dearest @admin‌‌‌

@Ove Gjedde and I were trolling an ai trader snow...stern camping and graping crew for shits and giggles when Ove (gunboat) crossed over my (hercules) bow and immediately capsized/sank.

No resistance, no hesitation, it just rolled directly over.  

I'm told that ships aren't supposed to be capsizable. If this is true, I reckon y'all should replace his boat as he only had it for about 1 hour.

-Sverne

Edited by Sverne
  • Like 1

Back before the wipe hen I had the BP this was how I lost most my gunboats.  If you get to close to the bow you can be pushed over and rolled.  Honestly that how it should be cause of you did that in RL you would gotten rolled over or pulled under by the larger ship.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

You can change your flag in game files, but it's not easy + other players won't see it.

Yah if I remember right you have to add the file edit every time you start a new game, but I heard you couldn't do it any more so maybe got some wrong info.  Would be nice to know.

9 hours ago, Ink said:

Do you have a video of the capzise moment?

Unfortunately no, but we might have additional screenshots and a witness, but other than that it was F11'd at the time it happened. 

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah if I remember right you have to add the file edit every time you start a new game, but I heard you couldn't do it any more so maybe got some wrong info.  Would be nice to know.

It's just a single edit, and I haven't had to re-do it after updates or restarts etc. It seems persistent.

19 hours ago, Ink said:

Do you have a video of the capzise moment?

@Ink

I thought the screenshot showing @Ove Gjedde with full structure and 10 feet underneath the water level would be evidence enough. I suppose it's entirely possible from your perspective that the trader ai just shot a shitload of leaks into him, but I can confirm that he just rolled underneath my bow.

No, there is no video. If I need to start recording every minute of every battle, just let me know. I'll order a bigger hard drive right now.

I can't prove one way or another that it wasn't leaks, you only have our word. Give him 2x redeems and I'll record the capsizing of your "uncapsizable" gunboat.

516501EBD3F9A020F2A971FD42DA585F72D337DB

15 hours ago, Ove Gjedde said:

Unfortunately no, but we might have additional screenshots and a witness, but other than that it was F11'd at the time it happened. 

It's just a single edit, and I haven't had to re-do it after updates or restarts etc. It seems persistent.

Ahh than it changed good to know 

21 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

where can i find that file?

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

where can i find that file?

I don't know you will prob have to ask the OP that question.   I just remember some one posting about it in the past and back than you had to reload the image into game every time you start a new game or something like that so I figure that was to much of a pain so didn't even try to mod the ship for something only I would see since I don't record or stream.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Gunboats were always known for their capsizing abilities and I don't believe that's a bug :) Unless it occured due to some unnatural game physics and actually game is already giving a big "capsize" protection, before it was much easier to capsize ships.

Yah like I said before i lost a good number of them and officer lives getting to close to a bigger ship like that.  I think it should stay in the game, and maybe effect a few other small ships against big ships.    Really wish they gave out the BP for the Gunboat again, trying to luck on a note off epic missions is getting to be a joke.  #RNGHATESME

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

maybe effect a few other small ships against big ships.   

A privateer, pickle, cutter and prince can get pulled underwater by an indiaman

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

A Victory can be capsized by other first rates ramming. "Can" is a strong word. Things that really matter is when they are "most likely to happen".

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

A privateer, pickle, cutter and prince can get pulled underwater by an indiaman

Placing one of the mentioned ship above infront of a decent moving indiamans bow especially in T postition can and will most likely result in getting runover.

Better?

Edited by z4ys

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sorry, but I sailed in Lynxes, Princes, Gunboats, Xebecs and Snows for hundreds of hours and never got capsized or pushed under the water enough to get sank. Sure hugging, T-boning, getting heel of 25 degrees, but game mechanics are very strong, preventing capsizes to happen.

Tell that my sunken ships :(

On 7/27/2018 at 8:50 AM, Banished Privateer said:

Can you show where it's stated that ships are not supposed to capsize?

Examples of cases where we provide compensation:
  • Ship turned over and sank due to bug
  • Ship was lost due to server crash
  • Ship data got corrupted and it became unusable
  • Sealed bottle spawned in shallow zone with more cargo than a shallow trader can handle

If that is the case, then I would expect them to clarify. Only Ove and I can say for sure that it looked like no resistance. His ship rotated like a beachball on the water,  I've sailed small boats, and capsized them many times, they don't just fall over like that.

11 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It clearly says bug, when ships just capsize without collision for example. Ramming other ships with full speed is not a bug.

You can choose to ignore what we said initially if you like, it doesn't change the fact that the ship should not have capsized.

18 hours ago, Sverne said:
Examples of cases where we provide compensation:
  • Ship turned over and sank due to bug

The capsize bug mentioned in the compensation topic was fixed.

In this case the bug was not confirmed/reproduced.