Game-Labs Forum

Huge Fan

bwhitc

Hi

Recently started playing Ultimate General Civil War and I am completely addicted to the game.

I'm a huge fan of historical wargaming - is there any possibility that the engine used in UGCW will be applied to other periods of conflict?

I'd love to see one game dedicated to the Napoleonic Era. 

Thanks

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bwhitc said:

Hi

Recently started playing Ultimate General Civil War and I am completely addicted to the game.

I'm a huge fan of historical wargaming - is there any possibility that the engine used in UGCW will be applied to other periods of conflict?

Thanks

welcome mate, we all love the game! We also eagerly await the new game which like Koro has said is in the making, no details yet.

I have completed CSA and Union campaigns on all difficulties except Legendary. Currently playing CSA Legendary, be free to follow my topic with the campaign progress and YouTube video's. LAVA is another user who is going on with a legendary CSA campaign. He completed the Union campaign on legendary.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, bwhitc said:

Hi

Thanks

Hi,

Great to see another newbie. 

Welcome

I started UG in April.

Started by playing the historical battles to get an understanding of the games mechanics.

After felt ok, I moved on to my first Campaign. CSA on middle level - BG.

I was able to reach as far as Gettysburg.

My downfall was not on the battlefield but in Barracks.

This takes some getting use to. As I was told, it’s a sharpe leaning curve !

In the campaign I won battles. Lost and drew some. But I still found it really enjoyable.

I found that I learned from losses as well as victory’s.

To win the campaign you will need to understand how the Barracks works. Battles maybe won on the battlefield but the victories are won in Barracks.

I learned a lot about the Barracks from my first campaign.

I have just started my second  campaign as CSA. On middle level -BG. The lessons learned in the Barracks from my first campaign are already helping me.

Good luck

Edited by contact
Error