Game-Labs Forum

Increase time before hostility can be gained again

10 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I have already stated my point of view about OP proposal.

Being offtopic now:

Those chests would help rvr players avoiding all the exhausting grinding and search for books and upgrades. And probably because of those chest more and new players would give a try to PBs.

In my experience so far, I had to grind an insane amount of pve to get the "gear" (gold, upgrades, books) for PBs.

To make ports matters, devs must fix alts interference in contracts, add new sources of income to ports (like a tax for repairing or mining), reduce upkeep and timer costs, promote full region conquest due to unlocking a crafting bonus...

Too many awards means saturation, which again leads to boredom. If you suggest chests for each PB won, you will only see more port trading(abuse), hoarding upgrades and books, demanding horrific prices for those, and it won`t do nothing good.

New players avoid PBs and PVP because they don`t have access to best woods, and many don`t have enough time in RL to drive 2 alt accounts, or play 12 hour per day.

And when they lose their best ship, which was hard earned maybe, game dies for them.

Once again, we had those awards earlier in game for each PB(Mid Grade Notes, Ship notes, trading goods, Upgrades were granted, you remember?), and it didn`t work.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wraith said:

I read this as... "We hold too many ports, are lazy as fuck, and don't want to play the game."  If you don't want to defend the ports you let them go, simple.  Then, you create content by taking those ports back when you want to, right?

Everyone in this game wants content on their own terms and screw everyone else's play.  Sigh.

Well when I decided to drop the ports people complained I'd robbed them of content because now there are no port battles in the Bahamas compared to before, except for pre-arranged flips which I would argue isn't quality "content".

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Well when I decided to drop the ports people complained I'd robbed them of content because now there are no port battles in the Bahamas compared to before, except for pre-arranged flips which I would argue isn't quality "content".

You dropped ports cause as soon as we started to flip your ports in your time you set you stopped showing up.  Yes some GB players showed up but it sure as hell not you or your clan.   Which proved that the timer when you set it wasn't the best for your clan to defend it, it was just a harder time for others to show up and flip it.  You even tried changing the timers on the weekends to random ones so when folks showed up to flip it during the pre-set time they couldn't and than wasted there mornings (for us US guys).  That is what caused the multi flip on you too, your attitude and port changing times to avoid fights.   Than when you couldn't defend them from straight up port flips on Sat mornings when we can be on at that time you stopped showing up and dropped all your ports.  If you had any real balls you would of put the timers in US or GB port timer prime time instead of dropping them and let the British that wanted to defend them show up and do so instead of just dropping the ports.  I heard a good number of Brits was pissed that you just cowardly dropped them.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, Batman said:

Here is a link to a picture showing all ports that have Teak available:

https://picload.org/view/dldcgwgw/teak.jpg.html

Now, according to this post (not even 24 hours old post), your sorry nation is at war with the following nations who own a teak port:

• Great Britain (Little Cayman)
  • Sweden (Grand Anse, Terre-de-Bas, Plymouth, Saint John's, Nassau)
  • Denmark (The Settlement)
  • Prussia (Blondel Cay, Grand Turk)

This leaves you with a choice of NINE (9) teak ports to attack. Now, as you keep failing at Little Cayman every time you try, you maybe should go for one of the other ports I mentioned before frustration level gets to high on the spanish side. Sweden alone has FIVE (5) teak ports. Take your Russian and US allies and go for a multiflip on swedish ports if you are in desperate need of teak. Which you are probably not, because everybody has alts in important ports like Cartagena and Little Harbour for convenience, so your resource argument is invalid (Yet, I would rather have all alts removed from the game still).

I don't think it's about the Teak, they have teak in Bermuda along with WO.  I think it's more the location than any thing.  Though I'm sure the teak is a pluss for owning that port.  Many folks don't want to attack such nations as swedes or Say Denamark cause why do we want to be on the side of the map when all the action is more in the center (which it should be).   You also need good launching locations too.   

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yes some GB players showed up but it sure as hell not you or your clan. 

I was at the Octaflip defense (where we defended all three of the ports, we chose to defend btw) and it was the same guys in those PBs as always. RSC at the time never filled a 25 ship PB alone. No clan in GB could.
But seriously, can we let that shit go sometime? Having the same arguments over and over again is tiresome. As is defending the same port against the same people every other day. Especially with how broken PB pay-to-kite-to-win mechanics are at the moment.

So maybe back to topic? :ph34r: