Game-Labs Forum

reinforcement Zone vs. capturable ports

Suppenkelle

Question

In his notes to the update on 21st June @admin stated that:

"Reinforcement zones ports and capitals (uncapturable ports including free towns) ability to build better vessels reduced, capturable ports ability to build better ships greatly increased"

At least in case of Sweden (don't know about the other nations) this seems to be a bit misleading as Sweden has a capturable port within th reinforcement zone: Philipsburg. So, the simple question is: Is Philipsburg counted as a "Reinforcement zone port" or as a capturable port as it is clearly both?

Thanks for answers.

5 answers to this question

I dont like that mechanic at all. The end result of making "special building ports" is horrible. We tried this before and it failed miserably.  It will negatively impact the player base...especially single players who dont have the time to move their whole operation to some temporarily held port just to get a trim. No thanks. For me its not worth the time and effort. Which means access to crafting the really good ships becomes extremely rare. Tailoring the game in this way is unwise. This "captured trim port"  mechanic is for clans and the rest of the population just has to "hope" a good trim building port gets taken and is held long enough to set up production. To hell with that.

57 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

I dont like that mechanic at all. The end result of making "special building ports" is horrible. We tried this before and it failed miserably.  It will negatively impact the player base...especially single players who dont have the time to move their whole operation to some temporarily held port just to get a trim. No thanks. For me its not worth the time and effort. Which means access to crafting the really good ships becomes extremely rare. Tailoring the game in this way is unwise. This "captured trim port"  mechanic is for clans and the rest of the population just has to "hope" a good trim building port gets taken and is held long enough to set up production. To hell with that.

is it unwise to encourage players to sail out from the reinforcement to make a base in an other port?

42 minutes ago, Wyy said:

is it unwise to encourage players to sail out from the reinforcement to make a base in an other port?

No...its unwise to "require" it in order to get good trims/builds

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Admin clearly stated that all capturable ports have increased chances of better ships. That port is capturable.

well, he stated both. Mine was a quote from admin. He wrote:

"Reinforcement zones ports [...] ability [...] reduced [...]" (read patch notes for reference)

Philipsburg is within reinforcement zone. So, ... reduced?

admin, however, wrote in the same sentence:

"capturable ports ability [...] greatly increased."

Philipsburg is capturable. So, ... increased?

While I'm feeling the same as you, there actually is a lot of confusion within the Swedish nation, whether to move out of Philipsburg or not.