Game-Labs Forum

Low FPS / Performance Issues

o Barão

1 hour ago, admin said:

Hi Captains

We are almost finished with the port UI and plan to deploy it soon.

Here is some information on the mission system that will be updated over next 2-3 patches (probably starting with the port UI patch)

• Operations
    • Operations is a set of objectives that must be fulfilled to receive a big reward
    • Every player will have to start with the Welcome to the Caribbean operation that will unlock subsequent events and missions
    • Conquest operations will be introduced giving nations specific timed goals (asking to capture a region, a city or an island)
  • Combat missions
    • More variety will be added to combat missions. Unnecessary mission ranks will be removed
    • OW hunt missions will be added
    • Some missions will require you to sail a specific ship looking for a specific target
    • Some missions will require you to find a specific good in the holds of the enemies.
  • Economy missions
    • Delivery missions will return
    • Ship crafting and cannon crafting missions will be added
  • Port Agent system
    • We will start with 3 agents per port
    • Missions will depend on port size and maybe taxes
    • Player can exhaust all tasks in the port and will have to move to a new one
  • Challenges will return in the improved form
    • First challenge will be an OW hunt weekly challenge
  • Tournaments
    • We will start with the duel tournament based on Sea Legends Duel Event

Next patch you can definitely expect an improved variety of combat missions, combat challenges and a weekend duel tournament could also get in.

As usual we are showing the preview from the new port UI - Here is a login screen draft
lJIWuim.jpg

Improved speed and quality of development can definitely be attributed to @sterner  who is now helping to oversee the production before release. 

Still a new player in my first week in NA and i must say i am loving the game. I like the news about the coming patch. 

However i am having a problem with the graphics quality. I have a dell inspiron 7560 I5 8gb ram 940mx ddr5 4gb and i played wows with 30 - 23 fps at medium quality. In NA i need to play in low and cap at 15 fps. So i ask this:

- Can we have a low quality water settings but with a darker blue? Or maybe just an option to tweak the water color? Or a new water setting between the low and medium with almost the medium quality but with less polygons?

- An option to get low quality trees to save fps.

- An option to disable crew.

- There is a bug with the shadow settings.  I can set them to low and off and they will always turn on when i enter in OW.

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, no one said:

However i am having a problem with the graphics quality. I have a dell inspiron 7560 I5 8gb ram 940mx ddr5 4gb and i played wows with 30 - 23 fps at medium quality. In NA i need to play in low and cap at 15 fps. So i ask this:

My current PC is lower than yours (i5-6400, 8gb Ram, Asus R7-240 (2GB) graphics (will be upgradet soon)... It works on lowest Settings with ~25 FPS. So i could imagine the Problem is more on your side.

1 hour ago, RedPanther said:

My current PC is lower than yours (i5-6400, 8gb Ram, Asus R7-240 (2GB) graphics (will be upgradet soon)... It works on lowest Settings with ~25 FPS. So i could imagine the Problem is more on your side.

Ok i  just compare both graphics cards and you are right. It wasn't supposed for me to have such crap fps. I need to find what i did wrong.

Edited by no one

2 hours ago, RedPanther said:

I did some tests with my integrated graphics card vs geforce 940mx ddr5 4g and i got the same results. There is something really wrong happening here.😕

5 hours ago, no one said:

Still a new player in my first week in NA and i must say i am loving the game. I like the news about the coming patch. 

- Can we have a low quality water settings but with a darker blue? Or maybe just an option to tweak the water color? Or a new water setting between the low and medium with almost the medium quality but with less polygons?

- An option to get low quality trees to save fps.

- An option to disable crew.

- There is a bug with the shadow settings.  I can set them to low and off and they will always turn on when i enter in OW.

Thank you.

Can you post your ingame graphic settings?

Edited by z4ys

12 hours ago, no one said:

I did some tests with my integrated graphics card vs geforce 940mx ddr5 4g and i got the same results. There is something really wrong happening here.😕

Do you keep anti aliasing on?

10 hours ago, z4ys said:

Can you post your ingame graphic settings?

15 minutes ago, Ink said:

Do you keep anti aliasing on?

Low settings on both i had 15 fps. With this i got to the conclusion that naval action is playing only with my integrated graphics card. I search on google and it appears to be a problem with games running on steam.

Doesn't matter what i do in the nvidia control panel , steam always force NA to run in the integrated graphics card. And i can't find a solution anywhere.

Sorry for my poor english.

12 minutes ago, no one said:

Doesn't matter what i do in the nvidia control panel , steam always force NA to run in the integrated graphics card. And i can't find a solution anywhere.

Try disabling the integrated graphics card

START > Control Panel > System > Select the "Hardware" tab > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (common is the intel integrated graphics accelerator) and select DISABLE. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

download and install last Geforce Experience in the offical nvidia website

Correct.

My office laptop has both Intel HD and a Nvidia.

Latest Experience allows the selection of which GPU to use for that specific "game".

9 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Try disabling the integrated graphics card

What happened is very strange. The FPS went to 0.

The moment i disabled the integrated graphics card my monitor resolution got worse, and i couldn't acess the nvidia control panel , but wasn't supposed to use the 940mx? 

11 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I play on a laptop with one integrated graphics card and a nvidia card. And the game runs with the nvidia one.

I suugest you to uninstall ALL nvidia programs and download and install last Geforce Experience in the offical nvidia website.

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Correct.

My office laptop has both Intel HD and a Nvidia.

Latest Experience allows the selection of which GPU to use for that specific "game".

I did reinstall windows yesterday. I then install geforce experience.  Install the latest drivers for the 940mx.

Geforce experience don't recognize naval action. I hit for search  games and nothing.

@no one

This sounds daft but just check the PCs power settings are set to “High Performance” and not “Balanced” or “Power Saver”

1.            Right Click Windows symbol on the START menu.

2.            Second from the top menu [Power Options] left click

3.            Power & Sleep screen, right side left click [Additional power settings]

4.            Choose High Performance, then click [Change plan settings] on the right-hand side

Otherwise what @Intrepido said uninstall ALL nVidia programs and start at the nvidia website login and download GeForce from there

Norfolk.

1 minute ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@no one

This sounds daft but just check the PCs power settings are set to “High Performance” and not “Balanced” or “Power Saver”

1.            Right Click Windows symbol on the START menu.

2.            Second from the top menu [Power Options] left click

3.            Power & Sleep screen, right side left click [Additional power settings]

4.            Choose High Performance, then click [Change plan settings] on the right-hand side

Otherwise what @Intrepido said uninstall ALL nVidia programs and start at the nvidia website login and download GeForce from there

Norfolk.

Yes i am running in high performance. And i did install the geforce experience yesterday so i don't know what to do.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-7560-FPS-lag-disable-Speed-Step/td-p/5917648

Don't recommend, will make the Laptop run HOT

https://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukdhs1/sln306723/maximizing-your-gaming-performance?lang=en

This is dell support with useful stuff

https://www.passmark.com/index.html

try running this. See if it highlights a really low score somewhere

Its very late here, I need to go to bed. Will check in  tomorrow. Hope you find a solution

@Intrepidoknows his stuff fyi

24 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I need you to post images of the drivers in your geforce experience panel and NA graphic settings.

Also i need to know your desktop resolution.

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080

With trees enable , low shadows enable  fps go from 15 to 11-12 fps.

439120582_CapturadeTela(6).thumb.png.a032a7d21064c197b72aa1258ac16ab8.png1143452868_CapturadeTela(7).thumb.png.2e66a8b49bec954b9c471965a35e4c56.png1494015691_CapturadeTela(8).thumb.png.42a668b9a15996b24a7aa9eaa4e64b5c.png1466543239_CapturadeTela(5).thumb.png.c3690d68ca1e6f05a12cdf664d683010.png708217265_CapturadeTela(10).thumb.png.8b294888c24528995fe6e90af0f4838b.png1883848158_CapturadeTela(11).thumb.png.b61295e00564d7d63e7a3970c30cb0e0.png

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Lets try something. 

Laptop use dedicated gpu when integrated graphic card is not enough.

Lets see if changing resolution to max and other settings makes that the laptop activate your nvidia gpu.

Also set to off FPS limitation for the test.

You need to exit game after the changes.

I also strongly suggest to go to the official website of your laptop (dell) and find the last drivers for the intel gpu. 

Ok i did that and without sucess. However i found something very strange.27893278_CapturadeTela(12).thumb.png.e3b9a3d172df10cc42a93a211d5e3449.png1154789136_CapturadeTela(13).thumb.png.ed0f71e92ba4dfb828d77676f835d013.png

Nvidia panel control works. I can force the game to play with geforce 940mx. However in one example is running on the geforce 940mx and in the other is running with integrated graphics card and the performance on both is exactly the same!!!!!  I am lost here.