Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

11 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Should kill missions be near enemy ports so one can get pounded by enemy forts and then ganked after their mission?

Nope, absolutely not. See, there's a problem of communication there and maybe i wasn't clear.

Not... right.... outside ....under the ports.... under....forts....and towers. Enough safety is enough and drives more more away from the danger and combat of War server.

Alas KILL missions close immediately btw. No timer.

Sorry if i sound dull but...

Fighting game, everyone should love to battle and be respectful, less salty and enjoy the age of sail pvp.

34 minutes ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

Rear Admirals that have no idea how to get rid of a schooner of a snow brig :) because they simply rank up too fast and they get mad that this or that ship is op.

If someone ranks up too fast, their failure is on them!

3 hours ago, admin said:

Further PVE improvements are going to be applied in the next 2 patches. 

• Distance to kill mission will be significantly reduced. 
  • Kill missions in the agent ports will no longer be limited by number as the current limitation is not working as intended 
    • agent limitation will remain. So if your port generates 5th rate missions it will continue doing so but will no longer limit you with the number of missions you can make per your evening.
  • Rewards for kill missions will be increased 
  • Rewards for hunt and S/D missions in chests will be further increased
  • Group missions will be added for small and medium sized groups in the agent ports (for example 5th rate port will have 5th rate group missions)
  • Epic group missions will be added
  • Assists bonuses will be slightly increased to promote group activity

PvP 1v1 patrol might get in next patch
PVP Hunt mission with unique rewards will definitely get in in the next patch.

This are all very good points, promising changes

* which will recover, heal effects of removing combat/fleet missions (stupid, same, mindless but I assure you there were much more players doing it together than pvping :) )

* Removing of AI fleets coming close to friendly ports. This is not effecting all the capitols, I mean capitols cause it is where the casuals and new players are. For example I could see many pirate / british / swedish ai ships and fleets coming to green zone around La Habana. But as being an island I do not see any enemy ai ship or fleets around KPR and Jamaica island. So British causals suffered more from this change, and probably US casuals.

* What I really saw during my gaming and clan experience on NA. Only %10 to %20 players coming to our clan, somewhat wants to do PVP. Most of the guys wanna do PVE, coop PVE. Which was grinding combat/fleet missions together, and after some time grinding enemy fleets at capturable ports. No body wants to go to Gank Zones as ROE meant nothing to developers for a long time ( 1 vs 1  patrol will be great btw), cause few casuals have always been Meat for orginised PVP clans, which I can count player names and clans here, so even they are handful, they are enough to push casuals away from gank zone.

* I still think leveling up to Rear Admiral rank is too easy and too quick. You will say what changes when they level up slower, I would say they play longer, get ganked, get pvp at lower levels, so these small things are the real experience they need. To see the real game is not grinding predictable ai, it is no joke. So what I think after able to man 6th rate ships, leveling up gets harder progressivley but YOU NEED PVP XP to make it much easier. You can do it all pve, but some pvp will help you level up much quicker. So what I would love to see, more time on 6th rate / 5th rate people are willing to pvp to level up faster, even if they lose battle/ship much more xp than pve. So they will lose smaller ships, cheaper ships, yet they will have more time to build wealth and learn the game.

* I see the 6th rate ships to be the school of Naval Action, but many guys who can not sail smaller ships, tries sailing SOL, we all know they will lose their SOL in a short time which sometimes devastates the player. But one big mistake, biggest mistake in NA history was done with Hercules and Le Requin which actually killed 6th rate ship combat such an unlucky coincidence. We all know that Hercules is much more powerful than any 6th rate, and Le Requin while not so powerful but is very dangerous with a good captain, is a 6th rate hunter. We all know same skilled captains sailing ships, Hercules will win over cerberus and renomee very easy, easy for suprise, if more skilled captain in Herc, it can win against most 5th rate ships. So again DLC ship destroyed some great ship combat at light frigate level. For a new player it is Pay to Survive :( , I am sure most feels like that when destroyed by Herc or boarded by Le Requin. What ship was that I need to buy that ship / craft that ship, let me check "oh DLC !!! ship ? crap"

* For veteran players, how do you level up your ships now ? I mean the big boys, let's say how to level up Cristian ? Where and how without losing the ship :) So my point is if you leveled up a similiar class ship, it should be much quicker to level up your new ship. For example, you are a rear admiral, you already leveled up a BUC, and many other ships, why do I have to live the same long grinding experience to level up my Cristian? A captain who has unlocked all slots of frigate should unlock (get proficient) slots of Pirate Frigate much quicker :), but for example you unlocked Snow, but you want to unlock slots of Le Requin, they are different kind of ships. To sum it all, as a grindy experience is not so great, make it much easier to unlock slots of similiar new ships, so we can use them and pvp.

• Like 2