Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

1 minute ago, Sverne said:

I dunno what you're talking about...my requin is the most well balanced ship in the game. If the stern is too low, I just move a couple hundred men to the bow!

😄

I was talking in general 

and not a particular ship in mind 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

I was talking in general 

and not a particular ship in mind 

I agree, of course I was just joshing. I hope they buff the other sixth rates soon, I do love the rattlesnake heavy and the niagara.

How good are those Rewards that is the question, question that can quickly dictate the future of this content. Based on previous rewards from events everyone abandoned them due to a lack of rare items, paints and ships. 

After all it's nice to see a fresh wind blowing towards us. 

Edited by Wind

3 hours ago, admin said:

Improved speed and quality of development can definitely be attributed to @sterner  who is now helping to oversee the production before release. 

Could you tell about the characteristics of your colleague?

I think this information will be useful for obtaining quantitative change data in the development process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I call bs about this, especially that Herc is the smallest 5th rate and reinforcements can spawn Indefs/Trics or other big 5th rates that eat Herc alive. On top of that Herc has weaker 4-5 boarding mods now and less crew (no light ship hammocks + no 6-7 hammocks). 

Current safe zone hunter no.1 is Xebec, then I would consider Prince/Surprise or any speedy 5th rate. Herc is still vid, but not as great as it used to be.

Call whatever you want. I mean it's easiest to use a throw-away ship.

For me it's easier to kill a 4+ rate in a reinforcement zone on Herc simply by sinking it than on Xebec. I find Hercs deadly effective in zones, as you can simply outmaneuver reinforcements and any players that jump in afterwards.

You can use any ship you want, as long as you like it. Your choice. Still, the current state is bad for the game.

13 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

.. If you tag players on Xebec or Prince, you will get only some 6th rate reinforcement,..

Xebec spawned for me a brig -.- lol very helpful

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Any ship can be throw-away, you still gotta pay for guns and some mods. Do you use Hercs to tag people in the safe zone? What's your experience with fighting reinforcements? I'm asking out of curiosity because I fought tiers 3-4-5-6 with new changes and they have high HP, high penetration and high damage. Only player errors make it easy to kill them, for example when they run away from reinforcements etc. If you tag players on Xebec or Prince, you will get only some 6th rate reinforcement, the main difference between Herc.

I'm not saying it's bad, as I know it's good, but I wouldn't place it in the top 3 in effectiveness. @Vile Executioner and @GreasyMnky use Hercs a lot, maybe they can share their opinions.

I was tagging people in a safe zone recently, to check how it works - something I'm not proud of :) Guys with low ranks got a recompensation from me when a fight was not fair.

A Surprise or Cerberus that spawns is completely useless. At least on Herc you can angle all shots even when enemy fights close to reinforcements. 

In my opinion Herc is completely OP.  I sank a Consti with reinforcements right under my nose. You just shield yourself from bots with use of your enemy, or angle.  I didn't even bother to chain reinforcements. Some other time I managed to defeat a Consti, Inger and BellePoule almost without a scratch (no reinforcements). It's crazy how easy it is.

Boarding in Xebec may also work, however I understand that with larger opponents you must first decrew and then wait for their mistake to board. It also turns slower. With Herc you simply sink them.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

so reinforcements are exact mirror ships or attackers

I strongly disagree, AI ship is crap ! Experienced players will laugh at the spawned ship !

Speed moded agressive and strong AI ships should be spawning, best of it is tier or 1 tier higher with high speed.

Btw Hercules is OP and dangerous for big ships, no big ship can shake a good Hercules from it's tail, and those 32pdr carros will kill 100-200 crew with 1 pass on enemy stern. It is small target when angeled so forgives some mistakes.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Try fighting medium skill captains in reinforcements and see how they make a good use of reinforcements. 

I did this as well. Not much of a difference, usually you can outmaneuver AI and player.

With good players of course there would be a difference (eg. probably Albatros in Pirates).

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

When I tag someone in Hercules, the enemy should receive reinforcement, Hercules. Same goes for Xebecs and all other ships. 

Do agree with you.

First time I used reinforcements, few months ago, I was in a Pavel and got tagged by two well know Swedish guys in Pavels. The reinforcements came as two Pavels, and I was able to use them as shield.

Got tagged by an Hercules Pirate later, a guy who I actually knew, got a Brig. The AI kept him entertained while we did chat about old times.

Got tagged by Trinc plus Endy, got Belle Poule plus Cerberus. Got tagged by a Xebec, didn't even bother to call reinforcements, broke the guy's bow and boarded him right away.

An experience captain will work around the situation, but for new players it will be certain death as the current AI is weak. Reinforcements should be at the same lvl as the attacker and decent AI, I dont think they should be over the top, just decent.

Edited by Jim Tiberius
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, admin said:

Conquest operations will be introduced giving nations specific timed goals (asking to capture a region, a city or an island)

Who is making the decisions for these goals? What kind of rewards are we looking at? A lot of politics are involved in RvR and randomly asking nations to take random ports will surely backfire at some point. 

Although chaos is fun 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Tiberius said:

Reinforcements should be at the same lvl as the attacker and decent AI, I dont think they should be over the top, just decent.

Problem is there is no such a thing as decent AI, so 1 rate higher might compensate,

may be up to 5th rate, afterwards same rate same type

4 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

Who is making the decisions for these goals? What kind of rewards are we looking at? A lot of politics are involved in RvR and randomly asking nations to take random ports will surely backfire at some point. 

Although chaos is fun 😀

Lets be honest a few anthills have had way to long of peaceful friendship.  No one is saying all out war but would be nice if folks actually fought over important regions.

No one is saying that nation has to take the ports, plus’s it’s more clan base now than nation.  And if those are the only ports that nation owns?  Well shouldn’t have picked a hard mode nation.

• Like 1

We all know it reinforcements only work if you know how to use them correctly,  If you know what you are doing you will stay close and always bring the reinforcement ship into play. Most people though will try and run and the reinforcement ship will be stuck upwind miles away from the action

Edited by Fletch67

This looks very promising! 10$ HRE flag incoming :angry:

Just one thing made me wonder:

18 hours ago, admin said:

Some missions will require you to find a specific good in the holds of the enemies. 

This sounds like a tedious and rage inducing task. The chance of a trader carrying the specific ressource i need is very low. Will applicable ships be marked on the OW? It would definetely add some exitement when you finally find someone with the desired cargo...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let's be honest, ports will be traded exactly the same way like we had with Conquest Marks. Everyone open your eyes, @admin could you elaborate how to prevent "port trading" to win Conquest Operation rewards?

Ver good point being raised here.

30 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let's be honest, ports will be traded exactly the same way like we had with Conquest Marks. Everyone open your eyes, @admin could you elaborate how to prevent "port trading" to win Conquest Operation rewards?

That why the r ward should only be paints or flags.  Than again it might be good for a few ports to trade hands.  Maybe some one won’t want to t are it back or it gets flipped before they can.

27 minutes ago, Batman said:

Ver good point being raised here.

well, they once said in a post a long time ago it is a legit way of getting points. perhaps

they will change direction, 

they said it is working like intended...

but  i don't know..whats the verdict on the matter should be..