Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

Hi Captains

We are almost finished with the port UI and plan to deploy it soon.

Here is some information on the mission system that will be updated over next 2-3 patches (probably starting with the port UI patch)

• Operations
    • Operations is a set of objectives that must be fulfilled to receive a big reward
    • Every player will have to start with the Welcome to the Caribbean operation that will unlock subsequent events and missions
    • Conquest operations will be introduced giving nations specific timed goals (asking to capture a region, a city or an island)
  • Combat missions
    • More variety will be added to combat missions. Unnecessary mission ranks will be removed
    • OW hunt missions will be added
    • Some missions will require you to sail a specific ship looking for a specific target
    • Some missions will require you to find a specific good in the holds of the enemies.
  • Economy missions
    • Delivery missions will return
    • Ship crafting and cannon crafting missions will be added
  • Port Agent system
    • We will start with 3 agents per port
    • Missions will depend on port size and maybe taxes
    • Player can exhaust all tasks in the port and will have to move to a new one
  • Challenges will return in the improved form
    • First challenge will be an OW hunt weekly challenge
  • Tournaments
    • We will start with the duel tournament based on Naval Action Legends Duel Event

Next patch you can definitely expect an improved variety of combat missions, combat challenges and a weekend duel tournament could also get in.

As usual we are showing the preview from the new port UI - Here is a login screen draft
lJIWuim.jpg

Improved speed and quality of development can definitely be attributed to @sterner  who is now helping to oversee the production before release. 

• Like 48

Any thoughts on how these will interact with the safe zone?  Up to a certain rank missions should absolutely spawn in the zones, but RA fleets?  Maybe an option for players to intentionally pick missions outside of safe zones for increased rewards/XP?

Delivery missions coming back makes me hopeful of more content for your casual player.  They need to be done correctly though and need to be made WORTH doing.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

Those OW hunt missions are something I've been thinking about recently but too lazy to suggest. This synchronicity of events tickles me pink. 😍

edit: holy shit I'm so excited for this patch and the future of NA.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 3

Nice changes.

Do you have any ETA for fixing RoE for patrol zones, or for balancing Hercules? As it is, PvP is largely broken beyond usage and the only reliable option to get a fight is to attack on Hercules newbies in protected zones. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Hi Captains

Soon is a very generic word, that could be tomorrow, next week, a month from now but soon it should be.  We been hearing soon for over a month now.  Is there any better ETA for the next big patch we can look forward towards?

Oh and the rest great news as we need more content to keep players around other than the Hard Core RvR guys.  Maybe look into achievements too for doing certain task.

• Like 2

You wont have any newbies left before long witch is why I guess more PVE content is being added to get some back. 

For too long everyone has listened to the PVP brigade about green zones and how it should be easier to kill new players. Who you going to kill when there are no noobs left?

Oh yeh it will be like the PVP patrol zones , you know the place PVPrs were meant to PVP yep empty.  Instead of constantly trying to get people out the green zone why not look at getting more people into the pvp zones.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

You wont have any newbies left before long witch is why I guess more PVE content is being added to get some back. 

For too long everyone has listened to the PVP brigade about green zones and how it should be easier to kill new players. Who you going to kill when there are no noobs left?

Oh yeh it will be like the PVP patrol zones , you know the place PVPrs were meant to PVP yep empty.  Instead of constantly trying to get people out the green zone why not look at getting more people into the pvp zones.

Yessssssss......  get me move PvE'ers out into the OW.....   

Image result for yes yes darth sidious

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, admin said:

Hi Captains

Here is some information on the mission system that will be updated over next 2-3 patches (probably starting with the port UI patch)

• Operations
    • Operations is a set of objectives that must be fulfilled to receive a big reward
    • Every player will have to start with the Welcome to the Caribbean operation that will unlock subsequent events and missions
    • Conquest operations will be introduced giving nations specific timed goals (asking to capture a region, a city or an island)
  • Combat missions
    • More variety will be added to combat missions. Unnecessary mission ranks will be removed
    • OW hunt missions will be added
    • Some missions will require you to sail a specific ship looking for a specific target
    • Some missions will require you to find a specific good in the holds of the enemies.
  • Economy missions
    • Delivery missions will return
    • Ship crafting and cannon crafting missions will be added
  • Port Agent system
    • We will start with 3 agents per port
    • Missions will depend on port size and maybe taxes
    • Player can exhaust all tasks in the port and will have to move to a new one
  • Challenges will return in the improved form
    • First challenge will be an OW hunt weekly challenge
  • Tournaments
    • We will start with the duel tournament based on Sea Legends Duel Event

Next patch you can definitely expect an improved variety of combat missions, combat challenges and a weekend duel tournament could also get in.

As usual we are showing the preview from the new port UI - Here is a login screen draft
lJIWuim.jpg

Improved speed and quality of development can definitely be attributed to @sterner  who is now helping to oversee the production before release. 

CONTENT!!!! NO!!!! NOT HERE SIR!

• Like 1

daumen-druecken.jpg

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow,

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, admin said:

Delivery missions will return

I hope NOT those simple and no sense missions where you had to deliver stuff, to enemy capital, for low income. Nobody will do these.They are frustrating and they are not profitable.

44 minutes ago, admin said:

Port Agent system

EVE ? ;)

But summa summarum, good move with missions,agents, challenges and tournaments.

More of it, if done well, it can keep players busy, which is very important in such games.

Now i hope we could construct our own forts, develope ports, naval bases, tax population, repairing,using docks, supply ports with luxury goods, or foods one day :)

Just if we could simply decide, what kind of a port we need where, and develope it in that way.

This kind of ACTIVITY in game keeps players online, and gives them something to do.Always.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

Dude, do you realize that the so-called PvP brigade already for a long time is shouting that Patrol Zone should be fixed to move PvP from protected zones there, and that it's too easy to kill newbies in protected zones with use of Hercules? 

For some reason people who consider themselves protecting new players are opposing this so called PvP brigade over this. Why? Can you please explain this? I'm honestly curious why... :) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vazco said:

Dude, do you realize that the so-called PvP brigade already for a long time is shouting that Patrol Zone should be fixed to move PvP from protected zones there, and that it's too easy to kill newbies in protected zones with use of Hercules? 

For some reason people who consider themselves protecting new players are opposing this so called PvP brigade over this. Why? Can you please explain this? I'm honestly curious why... :) 

I know I am fairly new to the forums but I haven’t seen a threat that states problems with the patrol zones and how to fix them. Must not be talked about much.

1 minute ago, no one said:

- There is a bug with the shadow settings.  I can set them to low and off and they will always turn on when i enter in OW.

Thank you.

Yeah there is a bug. You always have to go to option and press apply after each loading screen.

2 minutes ago, Thonys said:

good, good job.

small question, is there also a little ship balance in the new update? 

I dunno what you're talking about...my requin is the most well balanced ship in the game. If the stern is too low, I just move a couple hundred men to the bow!

😄

• Like 1