Game-Labs Forum

Mission changes

15 hours ago, admin said:

One more WIP screen from the missions and events
Check out the amazing journal guy

jTTUFUB.png

Nice teaser, but really when is #SOON?  We looking like maybe this week, end of month, next month some time next year?  Will ya'll beat SC to getting the game out?  I mean throw us a bone of more than teasers?   

Or maybe throw us some paint to tie us over until the patch drop;)

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

Could player made missions ever be a thing? so craft this ship and this is your reward. Haul these goods to here in this much time, (could be used for navigating events perhaps).

Militia missions where maybe a max rank player or a clan needs to start it with a stated goal, grind hostility on such and such port, go to this patrol zone for this much time (patrol zones need to be fixed). If the stated goal is to get new players into clans where they should have a much easier time then I think the last mission could be very helpful to that.

All of these events could be player funded and taxed furthering game economy and gold sink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aster said:

Could player made missions ever be a thing? so craft this ship and this is your reward. Haul these goods to here in this much time, (could be used for navigating events perhaps).

Militia missions where maybe a max rank player or a clan needs to start it with a stated goal, grind hostility on such and such port, go to this patrol zone for this much time (patrol zones need to be fixed). If the stated goal is to get new players into clans where they should have a much easier time then I think the last mission could be very helpful to that.

All of these events could be player funded and taxed furthering game economy and gold sink.

Add a bounty board and contracts perhaps. 

Edited by Davos Seaworth

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, admin said:

• Missions will depend on port size and maybe taxes

More on port dependency.

Port type will determine which missions you will be able to take (this mostly concerns the old legacy kill missions (combat and fleet).

Starting kill mission distribution

• Capitals
    • 7th - 6th rate missions
    • Complexity 1-3 stars (easiest)
  • Town (not county capitals)
    • 5 - 3rd rate missions
    • Complexity 2-4 stars
  • County Capital
    • 4th - 1st rate missions
    • Complexity 2-4 stars
  • Free town
    • 5th - 1st rate missions
    • Complexity 4-5 stars (hardest)
  • All shallow water ports will generate 7-6th rate missions of various complexity depending on port type (described above)
  • Missions wont be available in enemy port only if they are set as free for all. 

Fleet missions

• Fleet missions have been merged with standard combat missions - enemy will send reinforcements according to the player group size. So any solo mission can turn into a fleet mission if you bring friends or your fleet. 

Rewards and distance

• Rank of mission distance modifiers have been removed - distance is not complexity and just a time waste. All levels of missions will spawn in similar distance from the port where you take the mission. Complexity will only depend on bot composition and their quality.
  • Increasing complexity will increase rewards and will include various chests in addition to gold doubloons

Safety

• All instanced missions will close when they start.  PvP captains who previously hunted in missions will have to catch their targets on the way to and back.
  • New mission system will make it harder to use missions to hide from pvp battles, as you will no longer have unlimited kill missions and the spawn locations will be more diverse.

PvP Hunts

• Basic pvp hunt mission will be added (and will later transform into a complex operation)
  • Mission will take active server pvp population and generate kill captains missions on nations active in PVP
  • E.G. Sink 5 swedish, 5 russian, 5 prussian captains for extra rewards. 

Open world hunts

• Hunt mission - will require you to find and destroy a number of ships of a certain class in the open world
  • Search and Destroy - will require you to find and destroy a number of a specific ships in the open world (for example 10x Cerberus). 

OW bot distributions

• To support the hunt missions bots will now be able to sail all ship types. 
  • In the future bots will be redistributed in the open world and every large region (e.g Hispaniola) will feature only specific ranks of ships. 

• Like 16

@admin looks good but I would make the mission ranges like

7th-5th rate

5th-3rd rate

5th-1st rate

That way 5th rate ships which should be the norm can be done any where.  Also either take off the rate restriction or allow one rate above the mission. This to help the casuals and  well lazy folks.  Just have the mission spawn in what the max level is.  

Hoping those chest will have chance at some paints

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Will we be able to capture more kind of ships from npcs? like trinc/endy (5th rates)

All ships can be captured and sailed inside the instances. 
Allowed ships can be taken back to port (imported cannot be taken to port, 4th-1st rates cannot be taken back to port on the pvp server)
Imported ships (and uncapturable vessels) will be taken over by the admiralty on instance closing. (player will either be sent to port or assigned to one of his fleet ships)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin looks good but I would make the mission ranges like

7th-5th rate

5th-3rd rate

5th-1st rate

That way 5th rate ships which should be the norm can be done any where.  Also either take off the rate restriction or allow one rate above the mission. This to help the casuals and  well lazy folks.  Just have the mission spawn in what the max level is. 

If I understand the mission system right its to make people move and to spread over the map. Dont ask to make it a pile again

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The question still remains: will we see a npc bucentaure, endymion, ocean...?

28 minutes ago, admin said:

OW bot distributions

• To support the hunt missions bots will now be able to sail all ship types. 

So I guess they will sail all available ships

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

Looks incredibly promising.

With NPCs sailing all types of ships it should turn out to be interesting in capturing the vessels we can keep.

Has there been a change to NPC ships in that they have varied trims now?

All i see is 'wood type/crew space/refit"

When I would like to see the crew space also be changed to wood types as well.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2