Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Le Raf Boom

Wind changes in North Inlet port battle

Recommended Posts

6 events of wind change with 2 possible outcomes  (good/bad for the defender) - .5 * .5 * .5 *.5 *.5 * .5 = 1/64 which translates to 1.5625 percent probability of having bad wind 6 times in a row.

And yet, with such low probability that's exactly what happened. Is your RNG generator broken in the game? I would never accuse the GL staff of taking sides in port battles and manipulating wind directions so the only logical explanation is your RNG @admin is broken. Can  you please fix it? Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just very very unluck hm? I mean chance is there right? :D

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe suggestions or support thread?

Also there is a pic where clearly shows one WO member accusing Gamelabs of the outcome of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Maybe suggestions or support thread?

Also there is a pic where clearly shows one WO member accusing Gamelabs of the outcome of the battle.

Ohh, well I missed it, thanks, I'll take my math there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

6 events of wind change with 2 possible outcomes  (good/bad for the defender) - .5 * .5 * .5 *.5 *.5 * .5 = 1/64 which translates to 1.5625 percent probability of having bad wind 6 times in a row.

...Is your RNG generator broken in the game?...  only logical explanation is your RNG @admin is broken. Can  you please fix it? Thanks!

 

Again how can rng be broken when you even do the math that it can happen?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Ohh, well I missed it, thanks, I'll take my math there.

Ask one moderator to move the thread before this becames another topic full of drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crying-baby.gif

Clearly, 1 out of 64 possible outcomes is not outrageous?  And if you hadn't taken any steps to account for the fact that this could have happened with either ship choice or tactics that's just dumb. And you can't correct for dumb.

Now you could argue that the wind change mechanic needs to be reworked... There are arguments for that... but this is just a thread about sour grapes and poor port battle strategy combined with bad instead of good luck.

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spanish have had favourable wind turns in the past 4 battles.

Those damn devs and their favoritism.

Or just bad luck. Yeah, I'll go with that. No seriously I mean it. Stop whining.

 

 

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Again how can rng be broken when you even do the math that it can happen?

Sure, anything can happen, it's just very unlikely eh? To the point where suspicions arise.

Or how about you know 'software whitening' to deal with the bias produced by clock time based psuedo RNG?

 

@HethwillPlease move to the support section, thank you!

Edited by Le Raf Boom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Sure, anything can happen, it's just very unlikely eh? To the point where suspicions arise.

Or how about you know 'software whitening' to deal with the bias produced by clock time based psuedo RNG?

 

@HethwillPlease move to the support section, thank you!

There is every week a lottery winner. And it's very unlikely to win. 

If in every battle the wind would turn the same way like in OW for example I could start to believe you.

Does the wind turn in every battle this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not a simple question, I play the game rather than gather statistical data on wind changes and not many battles last that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

That's not a simple question, I play the game rather than gather statistical data on wind changes and not many battles last that long.

That's what happens when you're only fighting battles you can win... Wind does not change predictably in battle, period. You can argue it changes too frequently, or it changes too much/little, etc., but predictable it isn't.

North Inlet and other port layouts like it are just nightmares to fight when the wind goes against you. There's a reason that when we were Russian we threw ourselves against the RUBLI wall so many times and failed.. and some of those might have been blamed on the wind.. but many of those were down to just skill and being outfoxed.  I'd say yours was the latter based on the ship choice alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Reverse said:

you have chosen bad tactics, you have chosen bad ships, you have chosen bad improvements. You have lost the city - everything is natural.

And you gave us a reason to play the game again, so thanks for bringing us some long awaited competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Le Raf Boom said:

And you gave us a reason to play the game again, so thanks for bringing us some long awaited competition.

no problem, for a reward I want to kids harbor

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you have opened this topic if you would have won the battle?

Edited by Batman
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

6 events of wind change with 2 possible outcomes  (good/bad for the defender) - .5 * .5 * .5 *.5 *.5 * .5 = 1/64 which translates to 1.5625 percent probability of having bad wind 6 times in a row.

Just for better understanding: Was the wind always turning in the same direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Just for better understanding: Was the wind always turning in the same direction?

Regarding first post yes wind was turning 6 times in a row in the same direction.

Which can happen

image.png.ee20c840705ce9f9cdfd20671076a26b.png

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×