Game-Labs Forum

Gallant Points

I’m always running out of resources and labour hours since they all are “Timer Tick” dependant. So the game slows, I even have to give up crafting and wait to play the following day.

Other games you would go out and gather resources, the more work/gameplay you do the more resources you collect, play goes on and on and on…

So suggest a bonus mechanic...

“Gallant Points”...

to be earned in battles to boost resource gathering/production.

These points would be spent on “Local Port Labour”, in ports/outpost that have building, you hire locals via gallant points, once hired the labour/mechanic would speed up production of the building that you have assign the local labour to. Plus as an alternative expense you would be able use local labour as Labour Hours but only for the building in that outpost.

Gallant Points should only be deposited into the outpost that you have arrive at. The theme being, is that the port locals are the ones that cheer you and your ship into port after victory.  

Or some similar bonus system to overcome the timer tick dependence, a system that would able continuous gameplay/collecting/crafting but a system that a player/s has to work/gameplay with.

45 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Do you know you can exchange labor hours for combat marks at admiralty?

Yep, done that once, grinded out 150 cm, push through 2-3 5th rate ships with LHs.

But not "Timer Tick" resources!

And there better things to spend CMs on, like ship permits and upgrades.

By the way, the thread is more about overcoming the limitations of the timer tick.

Edited by Guest

I’ve got some in for over a week already, like what century do they do they get filled!

Contracts are useless.

Edited by Guest

How about to re-introduce trading missions and/or reward actions in trading with trading marks as we already find a place for them in the Captain's Chest? Those can be traded for extra LH or other rewards. No grinding AI for those who want to focus on crafting and trading.

1366279335_tradingmarks.jpg.6ea7617d4465ff16bbad59da92acdf6c.jpg

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Labor hours should be earned, and the LH perks help.  Unfortunately with DLC ships it's kind of pointless now IMHO.

Yes my dlc first rate is a real problem.

8 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Labor hours should be earned, and the LH perks help.  Unfortunately with DLC ships it's kind of pointless now IMHO.

So the only ship you will sail now is a herc or requin??

Really?

Can I have all your resources please?😁

I don't like the way this forum resorts to irony, sarcasm and cynicism because of those DLC ships. I didn't whine or quit when I was ganked and seal-clubbed as a new player by all you 4000+ hour players.

And my Bellona still costs me a lot of resources and labor hours.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

14 hours ago, Flinch said:

Yes my dlc first rate is a real problem.

And how long do you think it will be before there is a DLC ship of every rate? DLC ships will ruin this game.

I agree that the labor hour timer needs work, but since you can buy labor hours with combat marks already, there should not be another combat “coin” for labor hours. Instead any addition to labor hours should come from crafting and trading.

7 hours ago, Crow said:

So the only ship you will sail now is a herc or requin??

Really?

Can I have all your resources please?😁

You wanna tell me where the hell you came up with that statement?  Did I somehow imply that?

Read my lips, I don't do DLC ships.

Oh......but if you are a Frenchman and in need come see me. 

Edited by Jean Ribault

2 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

I agree that the labor hour timer needs work, but since you can buy labor hours with combat marks already, there should not be another combat “coin” for labor hours. Instead any addition to labor hours should come from crafting and trading.

Again last night I ran out of LHs, had nothing else to gain by continuing to play, until the next 24 hour cycle of timer ticks! so I when off and played another game. Shouldn't developers be worried about this, the possibility of the game "timing out!" It doesn't happen with 7th and 6th rate ships but it's already happening for me for 5th rate.

I’m not so sure that devaluing combat points is the answer, in fact I think they should be more costly. And henceforth shouldn’t be used for LHs and resources.

So yes, if there was “another combat coin” for resources and LHs only, one to be earned via gameplay, to overcome the timer ticks, would definitely push progression and gameplay.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

500 lh only cost 15 combat marks (10labor contracts for 150 cm). If you want more labor go sink some stuff get marks or an alt account (or 5 lol) the

Please read all posts first so as not to rehash stuff