Game-Labs Forum

La Requin - how to fix a broken ship

People already started calling "La Requin" the "La Broken". Here's an idea of how to fix this broken ship.

It already has huge amount of crew, so this part seems ok. It has 3 masts and can loose bowsprit without loosing sail power, so this is covered. It has great guns and sits low on the water, which means that in the good hands he's already superior in fire exchange. He is extremely fast down and up wind, and has great acceleration - noone can catch it. It's easy to replace, as you get one for free every day - no pain of loss. All this seems to be covered.

I found however an issue which maybe is the reason why people call it broken. It's bow chasers. Sure, it has both bow and stern chasers, however it can't shoot chain or grape from it's bow chasers. I think that's why people still think this ship is broken and needs fixing. Once fixed, it could better stern-camp it's opponents. We could address it with the next patch.

There's one more improvement I'm thinking about. It's quite often that you fight Requins and Hercs with "recently killed" status. That's because people don't care for loosing those ships, and once they loose one, they usually redeem the second one and sail again right away - having recently killed status active. This already destroys the hope and will of life of an opponent who is tagged by 2+ such ships - he's in for a very long fight without hope of getting any rewards. We could however improve this system - simply give players a recently killed status ANY TIME when they sail those ships.

Let's un-break this ship! Let's make La Requin and Herc great(er) again!

Edited by vazco
  • Like 4

This ship is almost always overloaded by crew reinforced (hamock and crew space). I fought one who bravely boarded my pickle 360 vs 55. But the xebec speed was not affected by 110 extra boys onboard, plus the necessary stuff, food, weapons, ammunition and girls. 

I do think that extra crew should impact the ship performance by increasing weight in hold.

• Like 1

I don't agree Vazco. To reach only basic performance levels compared to other veffels, this one needs an Elite Pirate Rig Refit. No ship should be in need of elite mods to be competetive. Plz fix immediately.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 2

Oh i found another issue: how shall a casual player be able to sail this beauty when all he can buy in most porst is medium guns? Plz asap make it redeemable with guns (hence it would make sense to make it able carrying poods as Gregory said).

• Like 4

This ship can ram enemy stern forever without going rigging shock. It's only logical considering it is a premium ship. 

However, I don't understand why enemy ship doesn't go to "Stern shock". You will be shocked if somebody sticks your ass with a bowsprit.

Let's make La Requin great again.

• Like 4

logically if you would grape the le requin no joke, it should lose 100-200 crew from a broadside because of the open deck. the ship is so overcrewed its ridiculous. Instead the requin should gain crew instead, would only make sense

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I want them to add oars, the ship is too slow.

tbh, i dont know they wont add studding sails and oars to ships that have them available in open world, for example sailing a requin in OW directly against wind the oars should automatically pop out. Also the square sailed ships already have the masts for studding stails on them ingame why not show them in OW. Would be a nice touch

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

A historical ship of square sails, the Black Pearl, deployed oars when they were on persue of the HMS Interceptor, the fastest ship on the carribean.

well Black Pearl is a supernatural ship as the rest of the ships, except the QAR but its a refitted Black Pearl in the series, but i know what you mean and i would assume it was used on real ships of war

Needs addition of 36 manual 2pd guns on broadsides because boarding is too risky atm. Tymo is not leading the PvP challenge every day, that must be fixed.

Built-in poods included in DLC price is mandatory. As a drastic increase of speed, upwind and downwind. 

I love this post so much, so many good ideas. Prefitted poods - brilliant. Mortars on the bow - brilliant. 

I just think a square sailed xebec would be a great addition for catching those firry LGV's and T-brigs running with the wind. 

Also oar functionality should be top priority for the devs!

One last point - I'm not sure if the crew count is realisitic, shouldn't it be closer to 5 or 6 hundred with all the hammock upgrades, crew space, very cramped, etc? 363 - 383...those are just rookie numbers.

Another thing the Requin needs a buff on to make it great again 😮 . The selling price is way to low, it should be increased to 100 million ATLEAST!

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Palatinose said:

Oh i found another issue: how shall a casual player be able to sail this beauty when all he can buy in most porst is medium guns? Plz asap make it redeemable with guns (hence it would make sense to make it able carrying poods as Gregory said).

Also repairs and rum, got to have those to, every time you redeem and they slowly regenerate over sail time.

They should also be able to drop IFED's ,  improvised floating explosive devices to  hamper chasers.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1