Game-Labs Forum

Cut PB Timer cost

2 hours ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

Yes, I have no ports and because I have no ports, my money assets increases by several millions every day. And if I joined a clan with harbors, I would use my money to help with the upkeep. So what do you want to tell me? Anyone who wants to build a world empire here should first think about whether he can afford it. 

If DNP can not pay the maintenance, then they have to give up a few ports, where is the problem? Does the game need to be redesigned so that a handful of PvP players can not only conquer a world empire but pay for it?

Although it may surprise you, the game is also played by players with other priorities. And the players contribute as much to the number of players as our PvPler

Congrats on your millions of gold. Though I dont really see the point in hoarding such a large amount of money. What do you need it for? Will you, in the end, give it all away again as christmas gifts?

High timer costs encourage more empty PBs, force players to grind money (which, after some thousands of hours into the game is just boring) and thus lead to more bored players leaving. 

The biggest impact though with clans having to drop down timers on some ports is a drastic decrease of general action / RvR. When your nation has a hostile "neighbour" port, the nation will most likely play together and work out plans to re conquer that port. Do you know what that means? CONTENT! Average players logging in see that there is a threat and inform themselves how they csn help. Else they would just log in, realize that its just still the same pve-like Environment as usual (which it seems you prefer) and log out after their daily mission.

The game doesnt need to be "redesigned". Just a small tweak which could have a decent impact on overall action in the game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

What happened to the argument " THIS IS THE PVP SERVEEEEERRRRRRRR....." ? Kiss my stern.

Hm, thought so far that means PvP is possible, did not know that it means the server is only for PvP players all other players are not needed.

What do you want to achieve? Eco-patch has been announced, the game is in a trial phase and is certainly not designed for a permanent 500 players.
What if we have maybe 1200 or even 2000 players?

Just say what are you talking about? As a hardcore PvPler, you would like to have a DLC that allows you to have 25-30 outposts so you can jump back and forth all day to sunk the less good PvPers.(Why are there no combat raids between our main PvPers, but a lot of reports, how you alone defeat people who are not quite as good as you?) In the morning the Americans in Charleston, in the afternoon a little PvP in the LT area, Mortimer and the mission area ... and in the evening relaxed to the RvR to get started again.

You do not want to be disturbed by such boring things as shipbuilding, maintenance or annoying trade. The DLC that brings you ships to the 0 rate is bought with enthusiasm and otherwise you have no understanding for people who want something different or at least a mix of everything.

Drums only diligently in the forum and made at regular intervals appropriate suggestions for improvement. At some point that will work out. Nevertheless, you have to live with it, that not every player finds the good and expresses this opinion here.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:49 AM, Liq said:

Congrats on your millions of gold. Though I dont really see the point in hoarding such a large amount of money. What do you need it for? Will you, in the end, give it all away again as christmas gifts?

High timer costs encourage more empty PBs, force players to grind money (which, after some thousands of hours into the game is just boring) and thus lead to more bored players leaving. 

The biggest impact though with clans having to drop down timers on some ports is a drastic decrease of general action / RvR. When your nation has a hostile "neighbour" port, the nation will most likely play together and work out plans to re conquer that port. Do you know what that means? CONTENT! Average players logging in see that there is a threat and inform themselves how they csn help. Else they would just log in, realize that its just still the same pve-like Environment as usual (which it seems you prefer) and log out after their daily mission.

The game doesnt need to be "redesigned". Just a small tweak which could have a decent impact on overall action in the game.

You may not realize this, but this is not World of Tanks, World of Warships, or even Warthunder. This game is so much deeper than sail your ship into battle and when the battle is over , do it again. In the other games the ONLY way to make gold is in battle or buy it with real money. ALL there is to these other games is combat. That is it. PvP is all that these other games have. If that is all that you want out of a game then there are plenty of them out there.

Most of the rest of us want a much deeper experience in the game. In order to have that we cannot be out PvPing all the time. We need to sail trader ship and run from the mind numbing people that have no clue that there is more than PvP in this game. 

If you like the combat in this game then help figure out how to get and keep more players in the game.

What kills me more is the tax on profitable ports that could pay for other ports.  Anything above 1million and you continue to pay basically 50% tax.  Why am I paying more taxes than the folks that use my ports and I get little to nothing other than the port timer.  

How about it’s a 500k fee every time you set a new timer or make a change to the timer.  Than make it 250k a day to keep a timer.  This allows a bit more profits to help support none profit ports.  Also put a coold down of 48 hours on timer change so some on can’t change it every day.  I know we made plans to hit a port the next day only to have the timer change.  So we plan to hit the new timer the following day to only have it changed again by the same timer dodger.  

On 7/14/2018 at 5:59 AM, Intrepido said:

Do you participate in rvr?

How much time do you have every day to play NA?

Because it is true that a pve player can win good money every day as they dont lose ships very often against AI. Also, if you dont have any port with timers you wont loose 4.2 millions every week.

Only people with several hours every day can do pve (trading/ai fighting) and rvr.

Right now, 90% of the ports in the map give you nothing. One clan that conquers 3 ports (3 out of >200) and set timers must pay 12.6 millions. It is impossible to create something that really matters with such conditions.

In my experience, most players are selfish or shortsighted and doesnt care that one clan is making a huge effort for owning some ports. As long as they take advantage of using them, they are happy.

When we had 12 ports (3 coastal us ports since lost or dropped) we where paying 3.6 million a day.  21 million a week or 84 million a month for a fairly small clan of 15-30 active players holding most of a nations ports.  We got burned out grinding PVE to pay for the ports that we where doing more of that than PVP/RVR.  Hint the resent clan split where half us have gone Spain.  We don’t want to pay for ports  for a nation any more.  Currently we are giving shallow ports to other clans so we don’t have to pay for them.  We need means to jab ports over to other clans I. The same nation and cost needs to be looked at.  Marsh harbor makes enough to pay for the timers on Harbour Island and Cabo and those are the ports we plan to keep as CSA so we aren’t spending all our free time grinding AI or doing trade runs.

i bring this up cause unlike many older EU clans we haven’t been on the server collecting millions from ports before timers and cost was put into play.  So we effectively seen the cost as a new clan running things from scratch.  Yes we have clan members  it’s 200 million in personnel gold but we should expect them to be our clan bank.

I would also love to see a clan tax.  10-20% of what a clan member earns goes into the clan bank to pay for things.  That way it’s not just a few folks pulling the weight of the clan. 

Why can't we scale the timer length with cost. 3 hour window should remain expensive. But what about a 6 hour window for half the cost?

Make a sliding scale, that way nations can avoid moonlight flips but still not guarentee a great pb time unless they pay more?