Game-Labs Forum
Borch

DLC's and game release.

Hi, I wanted to ask about the future of the DLC's we got in game now and those upcomming in the future. Ship DLC is easy to guess as if GL plans to keep Requin and Hercules as premium ships, the DLC wont change.

My question is about "Admiralty connection" DLC ( maybe even "Profilic forger" ) and all similiar released in the future (if any). The game is currently in developement and could involve changes in gameplay in regards to outposts, crafting building and so on. How will that influence DLC's during final game release? Are game aspects involved into some DLC's already set into stone, so final release wont interfere in them? Do we buy anything extra on our own responsibility and all content is subject to a change? Do GL plans some changes and compensations/gifts for the ones bought already but changed in the process of developement? 

• Like 3

Developers cannot change DLC as they are a finished item.. Unless ofc they have a caveat in the sales description like they do on the games storepage (haven't bough any DLC so I don't know).

36 minutes ago, Borch said:

My question is about "Admiralty connection" DLC ( maybe even "Profilic forger" ) and all similiar released in the future (if any). The game is currently in developement and could involve changes in gameplay in regards to outposts, crafting building and so on. How will that influence DLC's during final game release? Are game aspects involved into some DLC's already set into stone, so final release wont interfere in them? Do we buy anything extra on our own responsibility and all content is subject to a change? Do GL plans some changes and compensations/gifts for the ones bought already but changed in the process of developement? 

Hard numbers in the DLC wont change. Overall economy system (warehouse space, building plots, docks system) will not change. 
Ship stats mentioned in store might change ONLY if ALL ships are drastically rebalanced over time. (eg all ships will lose 1 knot of speed or gain 1 knot of speed for general game balance). 

This means that hercules and Requen will remain OP in the future! Has anyone noticed that the Requen can surf at 15.5 knots at almost every wind angle? Has anyone noticed that it is almost impossible to chase? All this is wanted, or do you want to correct it?

Thanks for reply @admin

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

This means that hercules and Requen will remain OP in the future! Has anyone noticed that the Requen can surf at 15.5 knots at almost every wind angle? Has anyone noticed that it is almost impossible to chase? All this is wanted, or do you want to correct it?

Thanks for reply @admin

Wind angles, HP,  Gun types etc are not final for ALL in game vessels. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Wind angles, HP,  Gun types etc are not final for ALL in game vessels. 

Give the Essex bow chasers pleeeeeeeease 

7b39c8c4843def6001c9ef412032af08_384.png

• Like 4

I'm not saying the Requin is OP but one caught me the other day even when I was teleporting from port to port....

***rimshot***

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

I'm not saying the Requin is OP but one caught me the other day even when I was teleporting from port to port....

***rimshot***

Pretty sure I saw laser beams coming out of one yesterday :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

Hard numbers in the DLC wont change. Overall economy system (warehouse space, building plots, docks system) will not change. 
Ship stats mentioned in store might change ONLY if ALL ships are drastically rebalanced over time. (eg all ships will lose 1 knot of speed or gain 1 knot of speed for general game balance). 

Will the Admiralty Connections DLC include more outpost slots at any point or will there be an option for another DLC involving outpost slots

On 7/12/2018 at 12:29 PM, admin said:

Ship stats are perfectly understandable. At some point you will have to adjust them especially when adding new vessels, although some people will still going to cry about it. Human nature.

What concerns me mainly is exactly economy and hard numbers in DLC. You may not want to change overall how economy works but for example if you will go into carrer developement like crafter theese 5 extra buiding permits slots could potentially become a big problem. It greatly limits the way you can toy with the numbers of building slots availible to different carrers and DLC could simply become a must have to play crafter or completely nullyfying the advantage of playing crafter carrer. The same situation can happen with the extra docks space.

Again, I dont know how will future developement look like and which direction will you go (you dont share much) but you need to understand some potential consequences of DLC's. This is only an example and could never happen but then again some different unforeseen problems can occur. If players will feel that they are being stripped of their DLC advantage (sometimes you only need a small change not even changing DLC hard numbers) they will cry like crazy and start asking about money compensations. 

Please consider future DLC's to be not so much involving into gameplay. Ships ( just not with description like this and stats to match the description:  The ship is perfect for hit and run operations and privateering. It can operate both from deep water and shallow water ports. Large crew allows you board enemies with confidence, and lateen sails profiles will help you escape from the most heated situations.  ) and cosmetic stuff should be enough.

Sorry for late naswer. Didnt had much time lately.