Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

@GoodTime

 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821902779

This is my old and out of date [ELITE] Guide. Its still worth a quick read through as you see my thought processes and strategy.

Keep a Goal in mind don’t just blindly plod along. Do your homework before starting anything.

For example, Oak Logs are used in every single ship build. Don’t ship harvested resources around. At least turn them into the second stage materials. All core materials will be in reach of any major capital.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wo16bZ8EdM50KifPRnQ8Z-VfDkf8lJZDKaCz7M6Izik/edit#gid=0

Spreadsheets in the Age of Sail. If using someone’s spreadsheet then cross check the work. Build your own and you’ll get a better feel for crafting.

P/ss Poor Planning... P/sses off Norfolk

Target what gives more bang for your buck. Trader Lynx in my day. Also, by adding the officer perks Overseer and Foreman for Labor Hours wallet increase and a 25% drop in generation time. Then Officer Perk light ship master, this reduced my Labor Hours by 30%.

The Trader Lynx BASIC will cost 152 labor Hours, using the perk reduced it to 107 Hours only.

This is what I did in my day, read the Guide to get the idea. I built in units of 20x not lower. Also building larger ships is in effective because the lynx trader carried NO guns therefore No Carriages...


Let me know how you get on/...

 

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Trade lynx gives good xp/labour hours and is cheap to make and sell for ok gold if you put them in freetowns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you nation has any shallow ports pick on, set up a level 1 and ship in some of the goods.  I needed mainly Teak and WO.  I than produced up to 10 Prince, Niagara and Heavy Rattlers (mainly these) and sold them for a fair price.  My one char didn't was very low crafting level went from 25 to level 50 in no time and it helped the nation get folks into shallow ships for the shallow PvP zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you nation has any shallow ports pick on, set up a level 1 and ship in some of the goods.  I needed mainly Teak and WO.  I than produced up to 10 Prince, Niagara and Heavy Rattlers (mainly these) and sold them for a fair price.  My one char didn't was very low crafting level went from 25 to level 50 in no time and it helped the nation get folks into shallow ships for the shallow PvP zone.

Unfortunately the market for these ships is no longer there due to the DLC.  I'd agree with @Dibbler, make trader lynxes until you can produce PvP-centric ships like the Bellona to order. For the last alt I leveled I just broke up the trade lynxes I produced to recover a bit of the materials and ground up my crafting very quickly.  In my experience no one actually buys ships unless you hit a jackpot and get something other than 3/5 trash, or unless they're purpose-built for PvP or grinding knowledge slots.

If you're crafting to make money then repairs or cannons to supply the DLC ships in free ports will make much more than any ship will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Unfortunately the market for these ships is no longer there due to the DLC.  I'd agree with @Dibbler, make trader lynxes until you can produce PvP-centric ships like the Bellona to order. For the last alt I leveled I just broke up the trade lynxes I produced to recover a bit of the materials and ground up my crafting very quickly.  In my experience no one actually buys ships unless you hit a jackpot and get something other than 3/5 trash, or unless they're purpose-built for PvP or grinding knowledge slots.

If you're crafting to make money then repairs or cannons to supply the DLC ships in free ports will make much more than any ship will.

You do know not every one has the DLC. I been saleing ships out of Marsh the same as before the DLC.  In fact ya'lls little attack on Marsh got me to dump almost 2 dozen ships on the market and they all sold fast.  But hay what do I know......Marsh only on average makes 1-3 million a day (up to 5 once but we did a big trade dump for that).   We also support the nation by saling repairs, canons and mods for folks to get out of CT and into the shallows to level up and train.

Cannons gives you no XP for crafting so that won't work if he's trying to level up and mats/repairs gives so little so might as well craft ships and make some money to fund his crafting.  I'm sure one of the other nations can set such a thing up for their low levels to help them level up and grow in the shallows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, is all about your Primary goal and why are you crafting?

 

@GoodTime in his OP mentions “Levelling Up...”

 

The mechanic may have changed since my day, but this is how we did it.

You don’t need the DLC or an ALT just planning. If Gold is NOT an issue then with the first 20x Trader Lynx built. If the new mechanic still drops Blue Prints then add the gifted perk.

Now start breaking the trader lynx in port. The Parts will fall into the right area of your warehouse if you’ve followed the guides instructions. On occasion you’ll get BP drops if it still works that way and other extras...

If Gold is an Issue...

Forget the market. Officer Perk Shipyard Connections. This will add 15% to your sale price to the PORTs AI bid. Now if you’ve managed to collect the resources for the basic oak/crew trader lynx builds through buildings rather than purchasing in the market and built your spreadsheet. You will now notice the difference between cost to build and sale into the AI is a Loss of 100 Gold exactly...

Sell all lynx into the AI bid which is done instantly without all the waiting around. Just get on with it. Now start the run again from the top watching the Labor Hours.

Set your first Craft Level Target at 25 then pace yourself upward. Don’t stray from the plan. Get into a routine of farming the basic minimum resources for the 20x builds. You should be able to calculate the total amount of Trader Lynx needed to reach 50...

 

 Norfolk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Norfolk nChance dang how long has it been since you played lol

Gifted perk up as removed a long time ago when all bos where either given or bought in shop.  BP where removed from shop last big patch and every one got them for free now, still need permits.  Since they added guns to trade ships the cost to craft them went up so you might as well build combat ships.  We got one guy making snows right now as cheap shallow water throw away ships and he said they are salient daily prob for the events and such for guys that don’t have DLC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sir Texas Sir

 

Thanks Bro LMAO, am so glad every other sentence I said was either “In my day” or “the mechanic might have changed”

I think it was around late February that I stop playing. In all fairness I was burnt out and needed to step back from NA-OW. Most of my Cult are under [CKA] temporary and working [EDARK]. [ELITE] is just waiting for my return. The Crafting I delegated away long ago can’t remember last time building a mainline fleet.

My return, will require me to re-learn all aspects of the game which I’m looking forward to. The mechanic may have changed but my strategies always can be applied, like @Koltes hunter guide. Playing World of Warships [WoWs] has giving me some new ideas and view on the NA game as a whole. I won’t return to the game full for at least a few more months but will pop in every now and again.

Have fun...

 

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, Norfolk nChance said:

@GoodTime

 

 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821902779

 

This is my old and out of date [ELITE] Guide. Its still worth a quick read through as you see my thought processes and strategy.

 

Keep a Goal in mind don’t just blindly plod along. Do your homework before starting anything.

 

For example, Oak Logs are used in every single ship build. Don’t ship harvested resources around. At least turn them into the second stage materials. All core materials will be in reach of any major capital.

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wo16bZ8EdM50KifPRnQ8Z-VfDkf8lJZDKaCz7M6Izik/edit#gid=0

 

Spreadsheets in the Age of Sail. If using someone’s spreadsheet then cross check the work. Build your own and you’ll get a better feel for crafting.

 

P/ss Poor Planning... P/sses off Norfolk

 

Target what gives more bang for your buck. Trader Lynx in my day. Also, by adding the officer perks Overseer and Foreman for Labor Hours wallet increase and a 25% drop in generation time. Then Officer Perk light ship master, this reduced my Labor Hours by 30%.

 

The Trader Lynx BASIC will cost 152 labor Hours, using the perk reduced it to 107 Hours only.

 

This is what I did in my day, read the Guide to get the idea. I built in units of 20x not lower. Also building larger ships is in effective because the lynx trader carried NO guns therefore No Carriages...

 


Let me know how you get on/...

 

 

 

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

 

 

 

Hey, Thanks for the info!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×