Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Rainsborough

Grief Fleets

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

You reap what you sow. It's fine as it is. I guess I don't get griefed that much since I hunt around Freetowns but you can't hunt around enemy waters without consequences. The roe with ai is still shite in safezones but that's another story. A bit of a solution would be the removal of F11 coordinates since they are BS. 

Yep. 100%

25 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

^ That's the reason why " gankers " use 15.5 knots ships. Puny Coast Guards still won't catch me, but they will come to cry on forums about Loodsman, sail force or speed mods. Kiting, screening and keeping in battle is not the intended use of game mechanics, no idea why @Hethwill agrees with you. Even Admin said that repeated abuse of that form can be reported and punished. Two sides of the medal, one that wants to raid, other that wants to defend. Both want everything in their favour and both sides are broken and full of game flaws. 

You’ll get caught... and you’ll get got. 

Every dog has its day.

And when you do, please don’t be like the original poster and come on here asking for game changes to give you even greater advantages than all your awesome speed mods provide to you....

I have never had someone hold me in a battle for hours.  For me this issue just isn't a problem.  How often is this happening? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

The frequency is important because delay/harrassment is an effective tactic in warfare.  It could be used constructively on a strategic level.   I suggest that delaying/harrassing would have to be systematic, chronic and targeted at a specific player, to be addressed as abuse.

6 minutes ago, Diceman said:

You’ll get caught... and you’ll get got. 

Every dog has its day.

And when you do, please don’t be like the original poster and come on here asking for game changes to give you even greater advantages than all your awesome speed mods provide to you....

I very rarely get caught and my K/D ratio is most likely 20:1, sometimes 50:1. Sure most players can tell me I kill "less-experienced" players, but I fight everyone and anyone really. When I get killed, I don't come to cry on forums for buffs or debuffs, that's plain stupid. I get a new boat and keep going. Do I enjoy the current state of PvP and RoE? Hell no, I would love many things to change. The current way I'm FORCED to play by the game mechanics, I piss off tons of players and make them salty, but nothing will change in the near future in that matter.

21 hours ago, Diceman said:

Nope.

Most often these “raiders” are picking on some unfortunate scrub (like myself) and when the opportunity presents itself for some payback, the “raider” should be allowed to escape for a pittance??? 

Nope.

As long as the counter gank fleet is willing and able to pursue... then by all means pursue. If the “raider” wants out?? Surrender. Problem solved. Fight. Problem solved.

Participated in a counter gank just this last weekend. Took a couple retags but we ran him down and sank him. He was raging in chat at the end too. And it felt good to Help catch and sink him!!! It felt good to read his whining chat posts. It felt good to get payback!!!

You got to remember all those scrubs you’ve been picking on dream about the opportunity to get payback. Why should you be allowed to steal that good feeling from them by using some cheap game mechanic??? 

Nope.

Very well said and is the sentiment of many players. If you are going to farm PvP marks by jumping into people’s battles or simply picking on smaller ships, you should be aware that there is a price to be paid when you are caught. If that price is your valuable time then so be it. You always have the option to turn and fight to your death or to surrender.

19 hours ago, Sir John said:

Perhaps invisibility increase depending on the distance from shore?  When a ship is close to shore, invisibility is normal, thus the player may be recaptured.  But, as they run from shore into the open sea, the invisibility timer increases, giving them more chance to escape.  Seems somewhat balanced and counter-able, also realistic and historically accurate

What do you guys think of this?

This way, it is possible to take revenge if one plans ahead and brings fast ships.  Otherwise, the raider may escape by running to sea.

• Like 1