Game-Labs Forum

You go raiding and of course you expect a countergank fleet as is within their rights.

What shouldn't be is constant kiting for hours on end with the raider being unable to log off because Requins tag, kite, tag, kite, etc...

Bit annoying and there should be a mechanic to allow me to lose everything in my hold in exchange for going to the nearest port.

8 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Bit annoying and there should be a mechanic to allow me to lose everything.... in exchange for going to the nearest port.

Surrender?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

That's in exchange for ship, not hold 🤣  

no reason to be greedy :D

Thats why i changed the quote:

Bit annoying and there should be a mechanic to allow me to lose everything.... in exchange for going to the nearest port.

Edited by z4ys

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Hey, I will summon our expert that believes revenge fleets and kiting is not an issue in NA, it doesn't exist - @staun

We don't need any new mechanics, all we need is tweaked/fixed or improved invisibility+boost after the battle. Make it load normally for everyone, increase turn rate for bigger ships (otherwise it's useless for them) and make it last a bit longer. Even extra 5-15 seconds is a lot.

Basicly it has no point to keep arguen that point with you. You will keep on until you can be immune of any kind of attack. First when you have a 100% garanty to get away, 

4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wrong. I will keep on until FASTER ships can normally get away from SLOWER ships. With current mechanics, you can be retagged constantly by slower ships, over and over and over again until you're out of repairs.  100% guarantee to get away we had before the wipe, after each battle you could teleport to outpost :)

Just to make sure I got it right. A faster ship can’t really  escape slower ships. Neither in open world ore in battle. Do I feel stupid, use fast ships for hunting and use speed upgrades. 

The biggest mechanic that imo need to change mechanic is the reinforcement battles. They should have a join circle, so they just can’t drop right on top of you.

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

It can escape in battle but gets tagged again in OW. That's the flaw of the game, the dualism of instance & OW. Many players experience been retagged 3-5 times or even more, yet every single time they get away in the battle. Is that clear or do you still feel stupid?

Again it is not my personal experience is that impossible to get away. But again I am not a top hunter like you, so you ofc have more experience, so if a player like you have problems with escape, no doubt it needed to be changed. 

14 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't have that many problems really, but I experienced it and I know many players that suffer because of it. Such game design forces us to use stupid ship designs to counter it. Also, you should stop using extreme words and statements like "impossible" or "100% guarantee". That just sounds silly and no one is saying such things or suggesting.

You don’t think invisibility for 30-60 sec is that. In my opinion a head start that big and they will never catch you. Try take your ship to open World, see how far you actually can sail in that time. 

You don’t like my opinion ore how I put it, you should maybe just not mention me in your post and maybe stop quoting.

Put your Idea in a surgestion. Pretty sure if more players feels the hunter needs more protection to get away, they will support your idea, and if enough want it, pretty sure that admin will lissen and change it for you.

Edited by staun

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm not gonna bother to do that. Thousands of ideas suggested by the community and supported as well drowned and got ignored. Liquicity suggested RoE fix for patrols months ago, it got big support and nothing has changed. Game Development goes its own way. I've just mentioned you here for fun, the fact that I don't like your opinion makes no difference.

Fun fact - When Devs implemented 60 seconds invisibility + boost, I retagged Liquicity on a Surprise when he was a French player and I was GB. He sailed for 1 minute invisible the same direction I did after a battle with him and it was the first fight after the patch implemented this :) I guess it's IMPOSSIBLE. 

Ofc you can take a chance and get him. Experience may even increase your ods to take the right dessicion. But do think most time ppl would end up in different places.

On topic from Greg. Not sure He talks of the chance to  escape in OW as much as he talk of the anoyance of a player can tag you in battle and keep you in there, with little risk. But do think we have talked about it before. If I remember right you didn’t think there would be a mechanic that could deal with it. Think your idea was a tribunal. Ore do I remember it wrong.

1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I'll toss in another one here - chasers 'tagging' you when you're about as fast as people chasing you. it can go on for a full 1hr30min, or, smaller ships tagging first rates and keeping distance just firing at sails to prevent you from leaving aka screening.

Maybe like 15 mins without hull damage or something.  

I hate it when Spain chases me for 2 hours but unfortunately it's all part of open sea fighting. @Otto Kohl was once chased for 4 or 5 hours and was forced to stay up until 2am on a workday lol. I would have surrendered like I have many times but Otto is a virgin with no life. Any fix to this does more harm than good though. People will gank and not face the consequences. For me, the chances of being ganked is half the thrill in pvp. I love it! 

Wouldn't loosing everything in hold be a small price for not sinking? Everybody would abuse stuff like that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It can escape in battle but gets tagged again in OW. That's the flaw of the game, the dualism of instance & OW. Many players experience been retagged 3-5 times or even more, yet every single time they get away in the battle. Is that clear or do you still feel stupid?

The real problem here is that when ships escape battle they go to the OW in the same spot they entered battle. Ships should arrive in the OW in proportion to where they escaped battle. In this way it will be a lot harder for a re tag. I cannot imagine that would be a hard fix for developers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coraline Vodka said:

And 1 perm mod drops off the ship but great idea

Still saving the ship and no one will ever fight anything again. A monkey is smart enough to see that ship with 2 mods is better than nothing. 

4 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Ships should arrive in the OW in proportion to where they escaped battle. In this way it will be a lot harder for a re tag.

Terrific idea.  In so many ways.  For traders, we could travel in an instance.  Hunters, could reposition themselves to intercept.  Teamwork could be used by players inside and outside.  This would allow for more strategy.

The time in the instance could be extended.  All players joining an instance should be an at increasing distance from the original ship, that was attacked, or at the initiation point of the instance, which ever is greater.

7 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I'll toss in another one here - chasers 'tagging' you when you're about as fast as people chasing you. it can go on for a full 1hr30min, or, smaller ships tagging first rates and keeping distance just firing at sails to prevent you from leaving aka screening.

Another annoying one is some one using Navy Loadsman for fast OW speed to tag, but than they aren't as fast to keep the ship in battle.  Though they keep tagging some one until they either run out of repairs or get away.  Seen this happen to a few guys.  They get hit by chain at first but is able to repair and get away.  Until about the 4-5th tag when they start to run out of repairs and can't escape.   

I remember one of my longest fights was over 3+ hours.  We sunk a brit on the way back from something.  He got out with another ship and some friends and tagged us just around the corner (heading back from KPR area to Mort).   We had a running fight for an hour and half.  GOt out and was tagged again.  Same thing running fight for an hour and half.  The other pirate had to go so I told him split when we escape.  They followed me and got the tag.  Well about half way into the fight his buddies left.  That was when I turned on him and made it a 1 vs 1.  My trinc was able to take out his trinc and I won the fight.  That Saterday fight was was about 4.5 hours long just for one continues battle.  They where never fast enough to catch us but was able to get hits to tag us in for the whole time.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It can escape in battle but gets tagged again in OW. That's the flaw of the game, the dualism of instance & OW. Many players experience been retagged 3-5 times or even more, yet every single time they get away in the battle.

Laser-acurate stern chasers for the win. Navy Noobsman Report. Basically hunting is harder than escaping (imo) due to the necessity of tagging to keep in battle.

12 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You go raiding and of course you expect a countergank fleet as is within their rights.

What shouldn't be is constant kiting for hours on end with the raider being unable to log off because Requins tag, kite, tag, kite, etc...

Bit annoying and there should be a mechanic to allow me to lose everything in my hold in exchange for going to the nearest port.

Nope.

Most often these “raiders” are picking on some unfortunate scrub (like myself) and when the opportunity presents itself for some payback, the “raider” should be allowed to escape for a pittance??? 

Nope.

As long as the counter gank fleet is willing and able to pursue... then by all means pursue. If the “raider” wants out?? Surrender. Problem solved. Fight. Problem solved.

Participated in a counter gank just this last weekend. Took a couple retags but we ran him down and sank him. He was raging in chat at the end too. And it felt good to Help catch and sink him!!! It felt good to read his whining chat posts. It felt good to get payback!!!

You got to remember all those scrubs you’ve been picking on dream about the opportunity to get payback. Why should you be allowed to steal that good feeling from them by using some cheap game mechanic??? 

Nope.

Edited by Diceman
Fixing grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

About spawning "at increasing distance from the original ship" idea sounds cool in theory, in practice all ships in battle are not stationary and they are moving. You can have ships moving in different directions, would be terrible to have enemies join close to you all of sudden. 

Not sure how much text to use sometimes, so the whole idea is often not conveyed well.

I think that ships should never spawn right beside a ship inside an instance. I would prefer if the required time to escape an instance was longer, but the distance between the spawn point and a ship inside is increased.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I remember one of my longest fights was over 3+ hours.  We sunk a brit on the way back from something.  He got out with another ship and some friends and tagged us just around the corner (heading back from KPR area to Mort).   We had a running fight for an hour and half.  GOt out and was tagged again.  Same thing running fight for an hour and half.  The other pirate had to go so I told him split when we escape.  They followed me and got the tag.  Well about half way into the fight his buddies left.  That was when I turned on him and made it a 1 vs 1.  My trinc was able to take out his trinc and I won the fight.  That Saterday fight was was about 4.5 hours long just for one continues battle.  They where never fast enough to catch us but was able to get hits to tag us in for the whole time.

This is interesting.  I had always envisioned small fleet age of sail engagements to be like what you described.  I hope that the potential for this type of interaction is never prohibited in this game.  As a trader it is the hound and fox portion of the game that is trilling,  the battle portion is a little like being a chicken and watching my own death from a  low velocity pellet gun.

I sympathize that some players will never want to participate in a four hour battle, and other players do not even consider the chase to be part of the fight.  I prefer a game that allows conflict between players that involves the tactics of fleeing and evading for extended periods.  

After all, it is a game.  Ending the chase is relatively easy to do so.  Surrender, giving up, quitting or suicide won't hurt too much.  It is a game after all.

Although we could should add some features that would make losing a little easier to take. 

• Previously  I was able to talk to enemy players in Open World, and the communication made ending the fight easier.  I imagined that I was signalling my opponent and he/she was responding.  The conversations were sporting and enhanced the experience.   I have even had hunters let me go on a couple occasions.  I've had to "Ignore" a few toxic players but the list is very short.  Removal of the communication, between ships of different nations, has degraded the game. 
  • Adding trade mechanics, between all players both in Open World and in the Battle Instance, allows players to create solutions to end the fight and enrich the story line. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLKTPmXIM-RFiDqWKEUg0

Edited by Macjimm
gramar

18 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

This is interesting.  I had always envisioned small fleet age of sail engagements to be like what you described.  I hope that the potential for this type of interaction is never prohibited in this game.  As a trader it is the hound and fox portion of the game that is trilling,  the battle portion is a little like being a chicken and watching my own death from a  low velocity pellet gun.

I sympathize that some players will never want to participate in a four hour battle, and other players do not even consider the chase to be part of the fight.  I prefer a game that allows conflict between players that involves the tactics of fleeing and evading for extended periods.  

After all, it is a game.  Ending the chase is relatively easy to do so.  Surrender, giving up, quitting or suicide won't hurt too much.  It is a game after all.

Although we could should add some features that would make losing a little easier to take. 

• Previously  I was able to talk to enemy players in Open World, and the communication made ending the fight easier.  I imagined that I was signalling my opponent and he/she was responding.  The conversations were sporting and enhanced the experience.   I have even had hunters let me go on a couple occasions.  I've had to "Ignore" a few toxic players but the list is very short.  Removal of the communication, between ships of different nations, has degraded the game. 
  • Adding trade mechanics, between all players both in Open World and in the Battle Instance, allows players to create solutions to end the fight and enrich the story line. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLKTPmXIM-RFiDqWKEUg0

Yah I didn't mind it that day, but not every one has 4+ to play an on running fight. I always think it's silly when folks think 30 mins fight is to long.  I have won a good share of fights running close to the clock.  Bascily folks get frustrated and try stupid things and make mistakes when the clock starts to run out.

I do wish we had a surrender option at start of fight can offer gold or cargo to escape with the ship like POTBS had.