Game-Labs Forum

Since we're considering new DLC's, I think the one which would give new players gunnery encyclopedia and ship handling books for some additional payment would be really useful. It would limit the gap between new and old players a bit. In the same time it wouldn't be "pay 2 win", since you can get those books through in-game actions.

5 ring book is less critical. Two mentioned above, especially ship handling, really make a difference in PvP.

Edited by vazco

I been trying to get a second set of "Lord of Rings" books for my shallow water alt....freaking wind book is avoiding me like well....the wind.  Would love to get him the gunnery set too, but I think getting rare books through DLC is a bad move.  Though I would be all for maybe having special missions that you can do in game to get books from and such.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Remember we're not going P2W route. Allow books for PvP marks.

While I think many of the books should be in the shop for PvP marks, I still think some of the rare ones should only be through Epic Events, special missions (which could be RvR or  PvP missions) and such, but not just random PvE drops (cause RNG HATES ME IN THIS GAME).

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

While I think many of the books should be in the shop for PvP marks, I still think some of the rare ones should only be through Epic Events, special missions (which could be RvR or  PvP missions) and such, but not just random PvE drops (cause RNG HATES ME IN THIS GAME).

Those that are not critical for PvP can drop in events. Those that are as important as eg. ship handling should be more widely accessible, or removed.

Buying flags that carry bonuses, or dlc with copper plat. carta, etc. However, I think some of the rare books need to stay rare and only found in game.

NOOOOOOOOOO

This game needs to encourage players to go out on the water and sink AI fleets and/or do epics for these books.  PREFERABLY out of the safe zone.  This game also needs a more lively trade market.  In game allocation of these books creates both.    

Let's please stop this DLC madness.....

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Encyclopedias can add up to 13 knowledge slots in one fully unlocked ship.

Books doesn't matter playor skillz d3c1d3s. Guess some need that as mantra to feel good and to be good playorz.

4 hours ago, vazco said:

Since we're considering new DLC's, I think the one which would give new players gunnery encyclopedia and ship handling books for some additional payment would be really useful. It would limit the gap between new and old players a bit. In the same time it wouldn't be "pay 2 win", since you can get those books through in-game actions.

5 ring book is less critical. Two mentioned above, especially ship handling, really make a difference in PvP.

It is a clear pay to win! The books are realy rare. I found them only in EpicEvents, and have still not all of the 3 "MegaBooks". 

5 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

The Legends model has failed twice for this game

Which is a pity, I really liked NAL for being able to train PVP skills. It would be great if it could be integrated into NA somehow (never give up). It was the best for beginners like me to really get a lot of good, cheap, easy, fun PVP experience.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christendom said:

so what opinions did you formulate after making this?

books dont matter thats why we see all books used ;) Especially encyclopedias are overrated. Everyone picking the handling one as 1st one points out how randomly we can pick the books.

lets be honest books are great they make us keep playing the game so we can be as good as the one who already owns them.

Edited by z4ys

I’d have to say the speed and boarding books give players an advantage over those that do not.  Obviously.  

As you said, I’m not convinced how much the gunnery books help unless it’s pure reload.  Even then very seldom am I in a position during a fight where I solely have to focus on DPS.  So who knows.

Id be more curious if you tracked the perm mods and what that outcome would look like.  Those I feel matter substantially more.

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Id be more curious if you tracked the perm mods and what that outcome would look like.  Those I feel matter substantially more.

Carta is no1  then bovenwind, british gunners, french rig, northern carpenters and spanish rig refit and if its a throw away hunting ship we have basic carpenters. But i can only speak about the ships i could catch. Not about the ones that escape because of fancy 15.5 speed.

Edited by z4ys

On 7/9/2018 at 4:02 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I been trying to get a second set of "Lord of Rings" books for my shallow water alt....freaking wind book is avoiding me like well....the wind.  Would love to get him the gunnery set too, but I think getting rare books through DLC is a bad move.  Though I would be all for maybe having special missions that you can do in game to get books from and such.

i got book of five rings in 72 hours from nothing no alts used at all. it can be done fast if you know how

4 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

i got book of five rings in 72 hours from nothing no alts used at all. it can be done fast if you know how

alts have nothing to do with grinding.  It’s all about RNG and the RNG gods hate me but if you know a better method cause I tend to get nothing but basic mods in OW AI PVE. 

That char is only a Commodore so about to grind out a first rate on it, maybe I’ll get some better luck