Game-Labs Forum

Key to sucsess

Wind

33 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Dude. People fleet all the time. They still don't come pvp/rvr. 

I know, fear is still too high. Travel times are still too long. Not everyone here is like you and priv. Many just want a quick fleet with friends and quick action that is almost impossible in NA. Game will never maintain healthy numbers unless Devs add content for casuals like the guy from the review. He enjoys the company of people , likes to shoot NPCs and get gold. He will one day will go pvp, but not today. 

Edited by Wind

@Wind

In my view...

Couldn’t agree more, and this should be a start for all. By completion the Player will have a basic level of competence. All is mandatory apart from the exams and final exam.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/25951-idea-norfolk-nnoob-goes-gank-ing/

The PvE missions start solo allowing the New PC to open up different aspects of the game while following a story line. The final missions will include Co-Op missions with others in PvE in similar ships.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26076-idea-start-missions-and-storyline/

@admin

“There will be tutorial operation (a set of actions required to unlock all other missions).

One of the steps required to complete the operation will be to join a clan.”

I’m really encourage by this POST. Group Co-Op then Clan staging via a BASE Nation clan thus allowing safety in numbers first. Learn to group up first before Clan tutorial.

Problem with Storyline Ladders...

Just putting the ideas together takes an extreme amount of background work. This all before the testing can even begin. But once complete it’s the BASE platform to launch the game. So, should be compulsory and using PvE is completely 100% safe...

It’s the start that sells the whole franchise and could be tried for free etc. later on. Lots of polish and bling needed to impress Norfolk nNoob to keep him hooked...

Norfolk

Edited by Norfolk nChance

21 minutes ago, Wind said:

I know, fear is still too high. Travel times are still too long. Not everyone here is like you and priv. Many just want a quick fleet with friends and quick action that is almost impossible in NA. Game will never maintain healthy numbers unless Devs add content for casuals like the guy from the review. He enjoys the company of people , likes to shoot NPCs and get gold. He will one day will go pvp, but not today. 

Content like what? Quests? Sail there get something and drop it of somewhere else? Find treasures? That would be fun for some for 2-3 hours. 

27 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Content like what? Quests? Sail there get something and drop it of somewhere else? Find treasures? That would be fun for some for 2-3 hours. 

Ideas are here, but we do not have time for them at this point. Dev schedule is set and is very clear. 

Edited by Wind

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I also hope players realize that they are never tied down and stuck in a clan. If they want a better clan or even just a different one then go find one!

And I do.  But finding one is a problem.  Clan #2 was somewhat of an improvement but still something of an uneven fit.

An in-game directory is kind of a big deal.

• 1 month later...

As with all massive multiplayer-online games, ease of integration to player-run organization is undoubtedly critical to long-term success.

With ease of integration to player-run organization, content is insured to be continually generated with only minimal intervention from devs required, if required at all.

Devs: in addition to new marketing campaigns, you must provide ease of access for clan joining and clan management. Your players are your lifeblood, and if they are continually allowed to bleed, the game withers away with the sands of time.

P.S. I am unawares if player count is currently stable or not, I'm only providing my 2 cents here. Providence knows we could always certainly do with more captains overall.

P.P.S If lack of revenue is currently an issue, commandeer the Team Fortress 2 model and monetize customization of ships, flags, etc. Get a real cosmetic market up in this b, and you'll ensure a steady stream of revenue for time immortal.

Edited by jpjchris