Game-Labs Forum

34 minutes ago, Crow said:

Yes you are.

26k is nothing. ( you get 40k + for hitting AI trader brig in 5 mins) (plus it's cargo)

If you sink you lose all mods you put on ship. Same if you sell it.

So..your saying people will buy dlc to 'farm' 26k per day in the hope they craft a good one. So if it takes 7 days they make 182k and don't sail their dlc ship at all and if they do, they don't fit any mods.

DLC ships are intresting becouse you can use more suicidal tactics becouse they are cheap too replace plus if you earn 1 pvp mark you made a profit

20 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

all redeemed ships should be 3/5. Only crafted ships should get bonuses 

By redeemed you also mean the ships bought from admirality via pvp marks? In this case i wouldn't agree as you put ingame effort in it.

If you are talking about imported ships, I would fully support your point.

@Lovec1990 you don't make profit when you get one pvp mark. You have to buy/craft cannons. in your maths, there is not even basic mods involved, and most players go for some mods at least.

In my opinion, a solution to this problem without modifying the DLC ships in any way would be to...

1.)Make them ineligible for PVP marks, players who want to grind against AI ships can continue to do so, while PVP players would be rewarded for PVP marks based on the risk they took entering combat with a crafted ship.

2.) Disallow DLC ships in fleet, just as you can't have a fleet of basic cutters (as far as I am aware).  

3.) Lower the cargo space in the DLC ships slightly, this keeps them an interesting novelty ship but (as per making them ineligible for PVP marks) would lower their appeal for ruthless trader hunters. The Req (or a fleet of them) has become a top tier-high speed trade ship -and nobody is going to mess with a traders fleet of 4 Hercs.  Leave the trading to the trade ships such as the Lynx, etc.

I absolutely love the DLC ships and I am more than happy to support the developers, it is important as a community to keep the game alive. My complaint about the DLC ships personally is that they take away the early game and majority of the midgame.  I felt forced into buying the DLC after my first few hours in the game because I was getting absolutely crushed by them, and the game was a whole lot more enjoyable being able to cruise around not being a target.  I missed out on experiencing playing the privateers, pickles, and even the early frigates because they just weren't relevant. I don't blame players for 'seal-clubbing' in them, let's be honest with ourselves -only a fool enters a fair fight.

My last points are more controversial...

4.) Allow DLC ships to capture AI ships, but don't allow them to capture player ships.  I have used the DLC ships to amass a fleet of great ships I neither had to craft, save my gold for, or risk losing a crafted ship for.

5.) Consider disallowing 'permanent upgrade' slots on DLC ships, I think this is a good trade off for getting to pick your trim types. The ships are great from the time that they roll out of the shipyard, they don't need mod stacking -which is what really puts them over-the-top.

I hear a lot of people say that the timer needs to be increased for DLC ships, I disagree -it's not the timer that makes the DLC ships overpowered killing machines, and if they are that overpowered the timer is a non-issue because the ships wouldn't need to be constantly redeemed (as they would not be getting sunk.)

With all this said, I'd like to see more DLC ships released under the right circumstances I believe they add to the game and provide a good continuing source of funding for development.

Edited by Cheka
Grammer,

11 hours ago, Crow said:

No.

Thanks for the explanation.  🙄  Seems you are arguing in this thread for no reason other than to argue.  Not sure what your actual point is either.  What is your view of DLC ships, without all the commentary and picking apart of other people's statements?  Are they good for the game or not?

5 hours ago, Cheka said:

In my opinion, a solution to this problem without modifying the DLC ships in any way would be to...

1.)Make them ineligible for PVP marks, players who want to grind against AI ships can continue to do so, while PVP players would be rewarded for PVP marks based on the risk they took entering combat with a crafted ship. DISAGREE

2.) Disallow DLC ships in fleet, just as you can't have a fleet of basic cutters (as far as I am aware).  AGREE

3.) Lower the cargo space in the DLC ships slightly, this keeps them an interesting novelty ship but (as per making them ineligible for PVP marks) would lower their appeal for ruthless trader hunters. The Req (or a fleet of them) has become a top tier-high speed trade ship -and nobody is going to mess with a traders fleet of 4 Hercs.  Leave the trading to the trade ships such as the Lynx, etc. MEYBE

I absolutely love the DLC ships and I am more than happy to support the developers, it is important as a community to keep the game alive. My complaint about the DLC ships personally is that they take away the early game and majority of the midgame.  I felt forced into buying the DLC after my first few hours in the game because I was getting absolutely crushed by them, and the game was a whole lot more enjoyable being able to cruise around not being a target.  I missed out on experiencing playing the privateers, pickles, and even the early frigates because they just weren't relevant. I don't blame players for 'seal-clubbing' in them, let's be honest with ourselves -only a fool enters a fair fight.

My last points are more controversial...

4.) Allow DLC ships to capture AI ships, but don't allow them to capture player ships.  I have used the DLC ships to amass a fleet of great ships I neither had to craft, save my gold for, or risk losing a crafted ship for.NO

5.) Consider disallowing 'permanent upgrade' slots on DLC ships, I think this is a good trade off for getting to pick your trim types. The ships are great from the time that they roll out of the shipyard, they don't need mod stacking -which is what really puts them over-the-top. NO

I hear a lot of people say that the timer needs to be increased for DLC ships, I disagree -it's not the timer that makes the DLC ships overpowered killing machines, and if they are that overpowered the timer is a non-issue because the ships wouldn't need to be constantly redeemed (as they would not be getting sunk.)

With all this said, I'd like to see more DLC ships released under the right circumstances I believe they add to the game and provide a good continuing source of funding for development.

Everyone read DLC ship shuld be able to enter PBs and Earn PvP marks period

• Like 1

Firstly i apologise for double post.

Im knida sick of this atempt to destroy DLC ships by the buthurt players so everyone and @admin please read this:

I personaly agree that current DLC ships are a issue becouse it was known that Hercules is quite OP in shallow waters and to some extend in deep waters yet he was still used as one of first DLC ships, but second ship Requin is no better he is even worse.This Admins and devs mistake is destroying chance of  DLC ships too be acepted by players who do not want too buy DLC ship .

If devs would give us Wasa and  hermonie or santa cecilia as first DLC ships with proper cooldown timers DLC ships im willing too bet that they would be far better accepted becouse none is  OP yes Wasa was OP when she was intruduced but now she was balanced and hermonie and santa cecilia are deep water 12pd frigates.

In my opinion DLC ship should be balanced and not to be best of her class in example Santa cecilia she looks nice yet she is not best of 5th rates. Admin and devs please think about this i suggest next DLC ship should be 12pd frigate like diana or santa puting version of connie as DLC could backfire also.

Othervise DLC ships should be able too join PBs if they are balanced

I don`t understand. Why the hell you want to make all new ships DLC ......

It's retarded way of thinking.

The next ship DLC (in far future) should be a special blueprint that player can use even with 0lvl craft.

And NO. Note DLC ships shouldnt be able to join PB. Even if they will be balanced. 

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

I don`t understand. Why the hell you want to make all new ships DLC ......

It's retarded way of thinking.

The next ship DLC (in far future) should be a special blueprint that player can use even with 0lvl craft.

And NO. Note DLC ships shouldnt be able to join PB. Even if they will be balanced. 

Finally someone with some sense. People aren't thinking about how a steady steam of free, redeemable ships could possibly bad for the whole PB/logistic/strategy meta. Imagine if people advocated for ships never being lost during PB, or any battle for that matter. That's what DLC currently implemented are. 

There are two choices, either keep the DLC ships current specs, and make them a BLUEPRINT that requires some special woods to obtain, that way they're insanely good ships but hard to come by, or make them absolute dogshite fuck around ships that you can continue to redeem for free until the end of time.

You can't have both a insanely good and easily obtainable ship as a timed redeemable unless it's like a week inbetween. There's balance on OW and Economy that needs addressing too, not just combat.

Don't say there isn't or that it's negligible. If 50% of ships being used for combat are free DLC redeemables, that's 50% less ships being sold, 50% less of losses being measures, and 50% less player ships that can be captured, which isn't fun nor fair who aren't using the DLC ships.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 7:35 AM, Lovec1990 said:

DLC ships are intresting becouse you can use more suicidal tactics becouse they are cheap too replace plus if you earn 1 pvp mark you made a profit

Unless you sail DLC ships with no mods at all in which case they are not that good then you will lose your mods and repairs crew etc so why would you be suicidal with one

Also when you redeem one it could be great or a duff.

I do now sail them as "throw aways" with no repairs and modules.

Simple "World of Sail" type of approach.

Login, fight, whatever happens, fun.

Yes, yes, marks and stuff and egos, who cares :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Hethwill said:

I do now sail them as "throw aways" with no repairs and modules.

Simple "World of Sail" type of approach.

Login, fight, whatever happens, fun.

Yes, yes, marks and stuff and egos, who cares :) 

Same😁 i do not care win or die so my tactics are suicidal and dumb

Just now, Flash Jack said:

Unless you sail DLC ships with no mods at all in which case they are not that good then you will lose your mods and repairs crew etc so why would you be suicidal with one

Also when you redeem one it could be great or a duff.

It could not be a duff, there is no such thing a 1/5 redeemable. Cannons are >100,000 to get, mods are just a portion of the total price going into a ship. You can put any 3 mods on and rely mostly on the knowledge slots and still be a highly competitive ship. The point is you get the ship FOR FREE and you get one every day, and at any outpost. In contrast if you were to do the same in game, it would be capturing AI ship which are ALWAYS trash and almost unusable in most competitive PVP.

You think this game is just a big arena where battles don't matter or events aren't important. You're not the only one sailing, some people want an even playing field and everyone sailing ships that cost them something that carry obtainable or depriveable value from their enemy. Without that there's literally no point in economy, RVR, or crafting. Might as well cut everything that isn't fleet practice or patrol zones if you're gonna do that.

15 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Thanks for the explanation.  🙄  Seems you are arguing in this thread for no reason other than to argue.  Not sure what your actual point is either.  What is your view of DLC ships, without all the commentary and picking apart of other people's statements?  Are they good for the game or not?

Lol. 

Your read between the lines and asked if so thought DLC ships had 'saved the game'. No. I do not.

Thanks for asking for my opinion on DLC ships although I believe you have made your mind up I will tell you.

I think they add another layer to the game and open up a whole new type of player to NA.

Now you will have players who don't have to be in a clan.

The won't have to sail and craft for hours to build a ship.

They can pop on, grab some PvP and pop off.

This kind of player will never have super mods or lots of expertise but they will add to the population.

In short I give DLC ships a big thumbs up and look forward to more of them and other DLC.

Plus it gives the devs cash and motivation to continue with this wonderful world which is N.A.....😁😁😁

4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

You think this game is just a big arena where battles don't matter or events aren't important. You're not the only one sailing, some people want an even playing field and everyone sailing ships that cost them something that carry obtainable or depriveable value from their enemy. Without that there's literally no point in economy, RVR, or crafting. Might as well cut everything that isn't fleet practice or patrol zones if you're gonna do that.

I dont think that at all.

You dont like the new stuff that's cool.

But keep it in perspective. It's a 6th and a 5th rate.

You have the economy and crafting etc for ALL  the other ships in the game!

These two ships won't break anything.

The vast majority of ships is this game are 4th rate plus so chill out and see how it goes.

Now when is my DLC victory plus turning up😁 please devs....(that's a joke by the way).

1 minute ago, Flash Jack said:

I dont think that at all.

You dont like the new stuff that's cool.

But keep it in perspective. It's a 6th and a 5th rate.

You have the economy and crafting etc for ALL  the other ships in the game!

These two ships won't break anything.

The vast majority of ships is this game are 4th rate plus so chill out and see how it goes.

Now when is my DLC victory plus turning up😁 please devs....(that's a joke by the way).

They already broke the balance of shallow battles and PBs. If you honestly think than anyone is buying this DLC to do anything but roflstomp and obtain loads of pvp marks with little to no risk then you're blind.

Have fun when the economy over inflates and we have to do yet another wipe to fix it, right on back to square one.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

They already broke the balance of shallow battles and PBs. If you honestly think than anyone is buying this DLC to do anything but roflstomp and obtain loads of pvp marks with little to no risk then you're blind.

i do not operate in shallow waters with DLC ships i like deep water more

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

to do anything but roflstomp and gets tons of pvp marks

Was done with all other ships before DLC.

A "ganking " squadron of 3/5 shop ships could achieve the same exact results.

We are missing a big point here... no sure what to be honest....

Just now, Hethwill said:

Was done with all other ships before DLC.

A "ganking " squadron of 3/5 shop ships could achieve the same exact results.

We are missing a big point here... no sure what to be honest....

Only issue here is that it is DLC ships it seams its preferable being ganked than attacked by DLC ship

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Have fun when the economy over inflates and we have to do yet another wipe because of it.

The economy won't over inflate because of these two ships.

And I have always said no DLC ships in events or port battles. 

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

Only issue here is that it is DLC ships it seams its preferable being ganked than attacked by DLC ship

Can you rephrase that ? Not understanding what you mean :( sorry...