Game-Labs Forum

OW Disconnect problem

Gott365

Hey there,

we had an issue with two british guys from FIRST clan, MassimoSud and Pedro Cabral:

They hunted some spanish traders in the Vera Cruz area, which is fine, and sank some as well, but when some spanish gathered and started hunting them in fast ships, they turned around, ran and disappeared right on the spot (in sight of the spanish, both at the same time and with full sails)...

I think there was a safety measure to prevent getting attacked in OW when you get disconnected from the internet, and I´m pretty sure those two used that to prevent getting hunted and eventually sunk, which is not only really sad, but should be bannable from my understanding.

kind regards

Gott365

Edited by Gott365

Ship will stay in the open world for 2 minutes open to everything in case of a disconnect - exactly the same as doing a logoff in the OW - 120 seconds timeout until ship disappears.

Regarding the disappearances right on the spot - ships will disappear from view when they reach the draw range / view range - there's no earth curvature. So this can be easily misidentified as a "logoff" especially if their ships are fast:

- you see them move away

- they reach view limit, ships simply disappear

- you sail there but they are fast so already beyond view range all the time.

- they "magically" disappeared

- must be a exploit

Please bring hard evidence, video is best.

Then we can look at it and explain exactly what it is.

• Like 1

I´m sorry I have no hard evidence, but my clan mate was close enough for them to not get out of visual range... anyway they haven´t been around for the first time, so it´s likely we get a chance to bring evidence next time :)

12 hours ago, Gott365 said:

my clan mate was close enough for them to not get out of visual range

I asked them again, and my 3 clan mates were close to the brits´ white circles, actually able to attack in a matter of seconds, or a minute at worst, so definitely not out of visual range...

They also wrote a bug report, but that´s probably no evidence whatsoever ^^

Edited by Gott365
I cannot count...

Sorry but we were 3 ppl nearly right infront of them, they were moving fast and simply dissapeard, we have send an bug report and through that with the coordinates you should be able to see any server manipulation like every other multiplayer game can, if not than you simply have no competent people, or a damn bad server security.