Game-Labs Forum

Enable Full Pay to Win

I'm all for dlc's to support further development of the game but I won't buy these ships unless they are seriously nerfed.  Here are a couple ideas that would make me interested in buying:

Reduce the frequency you can redeem it at to once a week if they are going to be so OP in battle.  If balanced with craftable ships, they should still only redeem once every 3 days or so because they don't have to be crafted.  Everyday-redeemable ships kills the strategic aspects of the game that ship crafting provides.  If they are meant to be redeemed at a rate they could be crafted at, count the cost and time to build buildings and transport resources for each one.

Or, try this...  Just reduce the base quality of dlc ships to grey.   Give them a small chance to be green or very small chance to be blue if redeemed at a capturable port.

Edited by Greysteak
clarity

Being able to sail a ship that costs nothing to a deep water PB is killing an economy aspect in RvR. It's also extremely bad for game when I can troll in my ships people who didn't pay for them. 

You should be able to redeem for free only one premium ship per 3 days. Redeeming more should be possible, but should have costs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Read the entire post.  First paragraph particularly.

16 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Frankly I'm very disappointed the direction this game has gone in the last month with P2W DLC.

What do you mean? Did the DLCs ruin the game for you for good?

How about if the quality of a redeemed ship is tied to the frequency of it being redeemed?   Something like this:

If it's only been a few days since it was last redeemed, make it a base grey with just a small chance for an extra perm.  If say, it hasn't been redeemed in a week make it green, 2 weeks makes blue, 4 weeks makes purple, 16 weeks = gold.  Let it be just blue or maybe purple for the first time it's redeemed.  

Crafting ships should simply be easier, the loss of NPC production and the time sink of gathering resources in the current state of the game just requires too much of a commitment for a lot of people. The best times in the game were the times where ships were fairly disposable and could be replaced without too much of an issue. Restricting the supply of ships or making certain materials only available in specific ports only damages the game and its PVP either through upping the risk to the point people dont bother to play or by creating a culture of alts, both sadly leave us with a worse game.

More ship availability for more players is the answer, the reletively disposable nature of the Herc and Requin have been so refreshing, its just a shame they are ships that are given stats that have thrown the balance right off.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Crafting ships should simply be easier

I agree, but for me it’s the labours hours, this is what holding me back, I’m just a few points under Captain and soon will be able to command the Trincomalee, but my crafting level is still stuck way back in 6th Rate.

Making ships via labour hours is very slow process too.

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

No imported DLC ships in PBs ever please

No offense until I screenshot of absolutely noobies beating top tier pvp/rvr players in PB’s there is no reason to not have them, just remember you have access to them to I agree some balancing needs to be done but you can not ask money for a ship and exclude it from pb’s.

(Every ss I see is of top players and clans using them, so you can’t gauge a ships ability on that, they know what they are doing and how to use them effectively) 

also all of those using the “op” ships are the same few who 9/10 come out and sink multiple people solo on what ever ship they use 

28 minutes ago, Rickard said:

in my opinion DLC ships are fine as long as they don't impact the RVR

If a huge fleet of DLC ships screens a PB fleet is it considered RvR ?

If squadrons of DLC ships raids traders transporting resources to build PB ship, is it considered RvR ?

• Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

Millions or whatever crazy quantity of games that simply have a base price but no dlc have done very well, thank you.

Extremely large quantities of dlc have been sold by bringing content that is not p2w.

New content has been added to games over the years, sometimes years after the game came out, thanks to, well sales of the base game and/or content dlc.

Your argument is invalid.

Also, choices can very much be right or wrong.

And your is not even an argument until you can tell precisley what is P2Win and what is not ... in example, the so called "pay to speed up" (which is the model in which you can buy the same DLC contents with normal ingame currency but it will take some time/effort) is "pay to win" or not?

And the aforesaid ... not mentioning that, if devs had to put paid DLC in this game, it's because THIS game is not doing very well (and does not sell to new players very well) as it is now and so they NEED top gather fresh money selling DLCs to existing players in order to develop it further. So your first sentence does not actually make a lot of sense here

Edited by victor

On 7/8/2018 at 3:27 AM, victor said:

It's a matter of choice, not of what's "right" or "wrong". And it's also quite simple.

If you want further game content to be developed, new money shall come in

if you want new money coming in, DLC shall sell well

if you want DLC to sell well, they shall give actual advantage to the purchaser

so, just choose:

1) no "advantage" DLCs means (close to) no further new game content development, but just the (usual) tweaks here and there

2) else, we just have to learn to live with DLCs that give advantages

Besides the solution is even simpler: make le requin and hercules purchasable with (a fair amount) of PVP marks (or make DLC contents purchasable in game with victory marks) and that's it. Pay to win gets reduced.

PS: I did not buy premium ships DLCs (i do not like small ships), but just the building and ship space one

Cosmetic items in tf2 give 0 advantage whatsoever and still are a massive source of income that has supported the game for years. Obv not the same genre of game but the principle is the same.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

21 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Crafting ships should simply be easier, the loss of NPC production and the time sink of gathering resources in the current state of the game just requires too much of a commitment for a lot of people. The best times in the game were the times where ships were fairly disposable and could be replaced without too much of an issue. Restricting the supply of ships or making certain materials only available in specific ports only damages the game and its PVP either through upping the risk to the point people dont bother to play or by creating a culture of alts, both sadly leave us with a worse game.

More ship availability for more players is the answer, the reletively disposable nature of the Herc and Requin have been so refreshing, its just a shame they are ships that are given stats that have thrown the balance right off.

Yes there must be more access to ships. The ships should be much more craftable so a good supply of ships can mean we can fight more and enjoy the game. 

On 7/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, admin said:

We are planning to buff 6th rates to give more alternatives to players (this is long overdue and was planned loooong time ago). It was promised to be delivered last week but got delayed due the fact that we want to finish the economy and upgrade rebalance asap. We tied the cool downs to crafting time.

We would like to remind everyone one thing. A lot of players will still chose imported ships for one and only reason - you don't need to craft them you can have them the way you want right away. If imported Diana frigate has same stats as Essex (exact same stats) - people will choose Diana just because its convenient.

Premium ships (imported ships) is an experiment and we need to run it for longer to understand long term consequences before either abandoning the idea for new imported vessels OR adding new imported ships to the existing line up.

And here comes the question to everyone. Some say here that port battles are full of those ships. 
Would you prefer active shallow port battles full of imported ships, which are convenient,  fun and maybe give some advantage in crafting to empty port battles?

Introduce refits and make them somewhat close to Premium ships and stop this agony for good. Refits would be all basic ship models that we have in game(with new paints) with new guns and stats close to Premium content. Refits will be an exchange item (pvp, PB, etc...) and Premium ships will be for $$ (new models)... why it's so difficult?

So, every time you add new ship DLC you also add free refit that would closely match Premium in stats. This way people pay only for ship look and not OP stats. 

Edited by Wind

On 7/8/2018 at 12:52 PM, Fluffy Fishy said:

I agree that having ships that regenerate everyday will lead to an increase of PVP.  I am much more willing to risk my ship on an iffy battle situation if I know it won't take me 3 days and many hours to replace.  I think if you make the DLC ships with comparable and relatively equal stats as a player crafted ship- many players would still buy the DLC to save on the crafting effort.  This would also be helpful to people without a large amount of time to spend online each day or players that prefer to fight alone without the help of a clan.  If you could offer the DLC's with a different paintjob- that would just be icing on the cake. Right now the DLC ships are too OP and its hurting the players who don't want to purchase and creating more hard feelings towards the Devs and the Game.  It also is limiting the variety of ships we see in battle- today's Nassau patrol was a good example-- all hercs and reqs.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, admin said:

We would like to remind everyone one thing. A lot of players will still chose imported ships for one and only reason - you don't need to craft them you can have them the way you want right away. If imported Diana frigate has same stats as Essex (exact same stats) - people will choose Diana just because its convenient.

Sure, some people will chose the easy way.

A ship that took no in-game effort to be produced. Is that not the only advantage a dlc-ship should have?

Why does a dlc-ship need better stats than anything we can build ingame? If there is no counterpart for such a dlc-ship, statswise, ... .

As long as the others can acquire the same stats-ship, whatever name it has, the free daily ship is less, or even: not anymore, "pay to win".

MORE DLC!!!!

NO NERF!!!!

ONE SHIP A DAY IS FINE!!!!

WALLET WARRIORS UNITE!!!

^^^good clan name^^^

I agree that the DLC ships shouldn’t be allowed in PBs and the Xebec should probably be a 5th rate too.

They would be excellent screening ships and the casual player who is normally excluded from PBs might be more willing to screen in these verses running the risk in a ship he spent craploads of game hours crafting... Most casuals fear losing their crappy grey self crafted ship almost as much as the uber elites fear losing their gold OP multi stack PB ships...

I also feel the uber elites don’t like the fact that an unwashed lowly scrub casual is easily able to field a ship (DLC) that can closely match their uber OP stack ships. This unbalances a game that currently is heavily in their (uber elites) favor. This endangers their (uber elites) over inflated self worth and demands calls for the nerf bat to protect their (uber elites) advantages!

• Like 2

The real question is if people are more willing to risk a ship cause they can get another tomorrow and the game somewhat thrives cause of this, what was the point in removing multi dura ships? What for realism cause that’s doing game so many favors, instead of more paid dlc ships why not paid dlc ship insurance which means after reset you get a Redeemable ship note? Only loss then is the upgrades 

15 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

The real question is if people are more willing to risk a ship cause they can get another tomorrow and the game somewhat thrives cause of this, what was the point in removing multi dura ships? What for realism cause that’s doing game so many favors, instead of more paid dlc ships why not paid dlc ship insurance which means after reset you get a Redeemable ship note? Only loss then is the upgrades 

I believe the removal of the multi dura ships was mainly to drive the game economy! That coupled with a reduction of AI produced ships forces production by player base. <Good thing!!

The addition of lower end ( 5/6 th rate) DLC ships greatly helps the player at the lower experience levels when a loss of a ship in battle could be game ending for casual players with limited resources.  I feel that one redemption a day is fine and only one DLC ship max allowed in port at all is ok. No hiding one in Fleet. 

I consider the current DLC an insurance policy now. You redeem, sail, fight as long as you can and when/if you lose.... there’s one there to redeem... Or if you’re fighting your main crafted ship and lose, the DLC is kinda an insurance to prevent rolling all the way back to a cutter...

I hope NO DLC ships above 4th rate are allowed. But below??? I gots lots o cash!!!!

7 minutes ago, Diceman said:

I believe the removal of the multi dura ships was mainly to drive the game economy! That coupled with a reduction of AI produced ships forces production by player base. <Good thing!! Yes but it failed and it removed a lot of casual players or players with little time, so you can have all the player ships in the world at top notch quality but no players to buy them what’s the point 

The addition of lower end ( 5/6 th rate) DLC ships greatly helps the player at the lower experience levels when a loss of a ship in battle could be game ending for casual players with limited resources.  I feel that one redemption a day is fine and only one DLC ship max allowed in port at all is ok. No hiding one in Fleet. I agree

I consider the current DLC an insurance policy now. You redeem, sail, fight as long as you can and when/if you lose.... there’s one there to redeem... Or if you’re fighting your main crafted ship and lose, the DLC is kinda an insurance to prevent rolling all the way back to a cutter...

I hope NO DLC ships above 4th rate are allowed. But below??? I gots lots o cash!!!! No but for the sake of population of players having the insurance dlc would increase funds for development and if there is more people more people buy dlc more money more development it’s a nice circle,

• Like 1

DLC ships only grant 5pvp mark if you kill them VS the effort in sank it with normal ships = NO FIGHT is Better... im ussually avoid fight any herc or requin because of that... no point in waste all my reps and adding a few little chances to sank one of them with out a DLC ship and also a minor reward discourage me to to fight them.
im stick with 5th rate frigates, they are more balance and good in even fights and trying to attack bigger ships... i think Constitution need a lot of love!!! her base speed is less that a wasa and Bellona and is 2 rates lower, also his turn rate is AWFUL is a beautifull ship with out any practical Use...

and for the Topic NO P2W, Herc is overpower way toooooo much... i dont know if is easier to nerf 2 ships that buff 5... but is your call... a good idea to balance this Herc over populatios is making Herc and requin Notes be affordables by PVP mark for those who had the DLC, so in that way you can Stop the endless FREE RISK/MONEY Spam of Hercs!!! 

Edited by Carlos_Condell

On 7/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, admin said:

will choose Diana just because its convenient.

Incorrect. If Essex and Diana were 100% same ship the dlc ship would win in fleet battles because your DLC model is simply flawed. Essex fleet players cannot cap diana because it's premium so GG dianna wins 8 battles out of 10. How many battles have we played were capping a swapping to better ships has saved our asses? Something should be done or the game gets worse the more ships are added.