Game-Labs Forum
Sunleader

My reasons why this Game will never Succeed....

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, Hethwill said:

You are correct regarding the AI. 100%

But you see, best AI behavior coding, and most "bang for the buck", is to replace the NPCs with Human Players. That way the NPCs become unpredictable, do have to work the wind, etc etc etc

Oh wait...

You seem to have it in for PvE!

I think the AI pretty good, in WOWS they steam straight at you and that’s it, here they sail to protect weakest side, sail to the wind advantage, reasonable RNG when landing shots too, not bad at all, best AI by far.

Not every player is an PvP unicum, most average, the rest below average and so populates PvE. Noobs just want to play too!

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, Sunleader said:

The Last Point is the Critical thing.

There is no real Protection left. Thanks to the Update you can now even Gank Players in the Capital Reinforcement Zones.

So New Players come in. Get Raped and then leave saying yeah Screw you, I am out. Leaving a Negative Review making a Negative Review and if Possible Return the Game.

But a Fair Go is Impossible right now. The Entire Game System is laid out so that you are absolutely useless in a Fight unless you already got High Grade Ships to Farm for Equipment and Upgrades of PvP Ships.

New Players right now dont even get to the Point where they would actually have a Chance to Learn something from a Fight. Because they just get Bashed by Ships 3 times as Strong and 3 times as Fast with Armor that they cant even Hurt when Sterncamping....

But thats not all. The main Problem remains.

Because the PvPers HATE the Constant Grind for new Upgrades and Stuff.

And the PvEers dont want to be Constantly Fighting.

This Game cannot possibly get anywhere unless it decides on One Group and Adjusts the Gameplay Accordingly.

Also developers have gone down the road of the “Risk” theme, that is that the game will be more successful by making battles more riskier, by risking the lost of your ship. And almost every loser does.

“High Risk” value is not needed for this game, battle aesthetic are enough, for average players the challenge of winning battles without the loss of your ship is enough, even just participating in battles is enough.

Every game I've played that accommodates losers, lets them win too, is populated.

In this game it would be keeping their ship after a lost.

I really hope that developers don’t get hung-up on the value of risk, I hope they believe in there elegant battles and that it will be enough to be successful.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

3 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Every game I've played that accommodates losers, let them win too, is populated.

Couldn't agree more.  I said as much in another thread.  It's not hard to understand, simple concept - people want to win, even if they lose.

Edited by Jean Ribault

7 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Couldn't agree more.  I said as much in another thread.  It's not hard to understand, simple concept - people want to win, even if they lose.

patrol zone best place to be only dmg counts

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

patrol zone best place to be only dmg counts

I'm not asking to win every battle.  The better player(s) in any one battle should win, and should in turn be handsomely rewarded.  They won, after all, and it should have meaning.  However, the games that I see being very successful are games in which you get rewards just because you put up a fight.  CS-GO for example.  People have more fun when they win stuff.  Can't argue that.  In the context of this particular game, since there's really no working economy what can it hurt?  IMO it could only serve to retain players, instead of having them discouraged and then just quit.  We need to retain players, by all means available.

Giving the looser also a reward can also work against ganking. You dont need to fight always against the easiest target, and also when you for example give the looser 1/4 of the pvp marks or something it makes less sense to gank someone with more ships since you can get around the same amount of marks when you loose as if they are split between a group (i have old infos here how it works).

• Like 2