Game-Labs Forum

[OW CONTEST] Pope Christendom I Declares a Holy War Against Clans CSA, SANTI and LOCO

Christendom

Hey captains

I don't normally comment on forums but since I was involved in the planning of the counter gank fleet, I thought I should clear things up on the full story and not just the end screenshot.

our group planned to do some PvP out of George Town with some of us leaving from Tumbado to reach this destination. One of our group (Barnabus) was late arriving in Discord and left Tumbado in a St Pavel later than us, to find he was being chased by 5 pirate players. We all teleported over to Tumbado and grabbed whatever we had there (tow request was used for George Town) and left to help out Barnabus.

We found from Barnabus who was inside the battle, that it was the VCO players being lead by Christendom. 3 of us (Stilicho, incid Fuego and myself ) managed to get inside the 5 VCO vs Barnabus gank to find VCO was "just trying to demast him" while shooting chain at his sails and Barnabus had hull damage....... either they are really bad shots and their ships are so slow that they need to chain him to catch his 10 knot Pavel with speed 5th and 4th rates.... or they just changed their "intentions" to suit their situation of fighting the other players.

didn't seem to make sense...

as the 3 of us engaged in broadsides with Vodka, the whole VCO fleet retreated to the safety of the mighty Captain Willis in his prized Victory (turny turny, bouncy, bouncy) so we decided to disengage from the fight knowing we didn't have the hull HP or ships to win the day. Barnabus got out of there and we managed to hold off the VCO fleet from swarming him.

We tagged them again outside, near Tumbado, but this time with a SANTI player in a speed built santi. We then had BR higher than VCO and it was a 5 VCO vs 6 of the Barnabus help line. once this battle was started and shots were being used to tag the fleeing Vic, Christendom messaged me in discord saying:

Christendom-Yesterday at 12:45 PM

guess we fight now

so we did fight. the battle finished and we left. towards the end, Chris and I said:

Jack Aubrrey-Yesterday at 1:06 PM

hey, just having a friendly fight

you did shoot our guy first

Christendom-Yesterday at 1:09 PM

we were only gonna play with him since it was barnabus if we wanted to fight we would of engaged in that battle

all good though

Yes VCO was Ganked by us, not denying that, but it was a counter gank to the VCO fleet on Barnabus, not a straight up gank like he describes.

Hopefully that helps people know what happened through the whole battles. I only used discord quotes cause Chris did. We don't hate anyone in VCO and we just wanted a gentleman's fight. I have not insulted anyone and I have not altered any part of the real story.

If you want to put bounty on our heads, go for it, we don't mind. just don't pretend like you didn't bring it on yourself.

image.png.e59ecd9d6ce661d9c7334d78b815deed.png

Edited by Jack Aubrrey
didnt want a massive smiley face in the middle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Batman said:

Just fight each other already, no mercy shall be given.

I swear some of these guys here act like it's Dragon Ball, endless talking and posturing.

If your going to fight, fight. No teenage or anime drama neccasary.

Actually we drew no blood and had no idea Barnabus was out there until we of course tagged him.  We just saw a US pavel chugging along.  As he was being tagged Willis saw US/Spain players pile out of Tumbado we assumed it was your crew and had a bit of fun with old barnabus until the rest of you joined up in battle.  We then pulled back and exited, assuming we'd go on our merry way.  Assuming we were still friendly.  Then you ganked.  You say you wanted a gentlemen's fight but then you disengage out of the first battle where you still had more BR and then gank on the outside with even more BR?  Does not compute.

We don't mind losing ships and our fighting was indeed inevitable.  We / I lose ships all day to ganks or counter ganks.  Every time Koiz ran a battle we knew we'd lose ships.  Such is life.  But once we saw shitters like Joe Plaice and Sea Raven talking crap in the gank battle and your smugness with KoC afterwards in global, we knew our holy crusade must happen and we started plotting an inter-VCO contest for CSA scalps.  The bright idea was formed to take it to the forum and here is that result.  We are content creators after all.  Warriorz was out there drawing first contest blood last night.  Hope there is more to come. 

I was reading some of your banter on your discord, it seems like you guys very much do care.  Anyway, enjoy the memes. 

Pope Christendom will pray for your souls.

PS - I think linking private PMs on the forums displaying names is a bannable offense on here. tsk tsk...have the class to censure names out like I did.  No one likes snitches.  

PSS - Batman is right about the other spanish players thing.  kinda silly.  removed.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Actually we drew no blood and had no idea Barnabus was out there until we of course tagged him.  We just saw a US pavel chugging along.  As he was being tagged Willis saw US/Spain players pile out of Tumbado we assumed it was your crew and had a bit of fun with old barnabus until the rest of you joined up in battle.  We then pulled back and exited, assuming we'd go on our merry way.  Assuming we were still friendly.  Then you ganked.  You say you wanted a gentlemen's fight but then you disengage out of the first battle where you still had more BR and then gank on the outside with even more BR?  Does not compute.

Yeah you guys were ahead of me and got the tag. When I heard it was Barnabus I turned around to sail back to Tumbado because I wasn't even going to join. Then I saw the Spanish and more US coming over the horizon so I joined to avoid getting tagged (hence my extremely far away join location facing the wrong way too). Also, I immediately typed into the battle chat "all" chat that I'd not be shooting unless those outside joined. When they did, we fired a few volleys and then, as you say, we pulled away thinking we had saluted and were calling it done.

That tag in OW was definitely an unwelcome surprise. Had we been prepared for it, sailing more tightly grouped, I feel strongly that we'd have sunk at least a few of them. I nearly sunk the Santisima and had one of the Bellonas very damaged by myself.

No matter. The true colors have been revealed and I'm always happy to see more targets, even if some of them are old shipmates. 

#captainsoftherealBLACKflag   #givenoquarter 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, William Death said:

Yeah you guys were ahead of me and got the tag. When I heard it was Barnabus I turned around to sail back to Tumbado because I wasn't even going to join. Then I saw the Spanish and more US coming over the horizon so I joined to avoid getting tagged (hence my extremely far away join location facing the wrong way too). Also, I immediately typed into the battle chat "all" chat that I'd not be shooting unless those outside joined. When they did, we fired a few volleys and then, as you say, we pulled away thinking we had saluted and were calling it done.

That tag in OW was definitely an unwelcome surprise. Had we been prepared for it, sailing more tightly grouped, I feel strongly that we'd have sunk at least a few of them. I nearly sunk the Santisima and had one of the Bellonas very damaged by myself.

No matter. The true colors have been revealed and I'm always happy to see more targets, even if some of them are old shipmates. 

#captainsoftherealBLACKflag   #givenoquarter 

See I get that, but I'm trying to figure what LOCO has to do with any of this and other than Barnabus being the poor guy at the wrong place getting tagged really CSA didn't have much involved to.  To me sounds like ya'lls beef would be more with SANTI (former GLORY guys), but hay it's two weeks and I hope folks post any VCO kills they get to cause I think it's only fair that it will be both sides we tally up kills on to see who lost or got the most kills out of the two groups.

NAME : [SANTI] iniciador de fuego

LOCATION & AND IF IN SAFE ZONE:    SE of Kingston Port Royale approximately 1 horizon and just outside the safezone.

SCREENSHOT: 3FDBDC8B2659F0F1184BB18F29EAF47D65560A53

CARGO (IF APPLICABLE): Navy Hull Refit dropped, a few hull repairs.

CAPTAIN'S NOTES: It was horribly unbalanced in our favor...but we'll take what we can get.

#givenoquarter

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

See I get that, but I'm trying to figure what LOCO has to do with any of this and other than Barnabus being the poor guy at the wrong place getting tagged really CSA didn't have much involved to.  To me sounds like ya'lls beef would be more with SANTI (former GLORY guys), but hay it's two weeks and I hope folks post any VCO kills they get to cause I think it's only fair that it will be both sides we tally up kills on to see who lost or got the most kills out of the two groups.

Ya‘ll so amazingly big carebaears you know that? „What have we done?“ „Why do you attack us?“ A perfect example of how alts ruin the game. Just.fight.each.other.

you wanted to know why nobody came to US teamspeak to figure out why you attacked us? Because nobody gives two shits about ports here. But we’re all carebears jajaja.

Edited by Batman
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Life would be so much simpler if you just picked a nation and stuck with it rather than being glory supporters.

Because your situation in GB is "simpler".  Laugh...       Feel free to contribute to the contest above.  Everyone is welcome.

Why not build an army and dominate? Instead you guys pay others to have fun... lol?

Naval Action = Pay Others to Win

I remember good old days in potbs, french and brits had 2 op pvp groups. We fought them every night and could not beat them, so we stopped and trained. Researched new styles and tactics. It took us 2 weeks to retrain all out guys and we just smoked them and took server pvp domination in our hands. Here, you get slapped and you go pay others to do the hard work? oh my...

Edited by Wind

On 7/6/2018 at 8:34 PM, Jack Aubrrey said:

We tagged them again outside, near Tumbado

legit payback + they are pirates anyway. You don't balance BR when you see pirates))) Funny thing is everyone is still afraid to pvp in Naval Action @admin even some vets. I thought it got little better, but I was wrong.

1st group was afraid to fight, so they left to get more and gank with numbers. Typical NA style. Thing is I would do the same to Pirates and would go even numbers vs Nationals. Good pirates usually count as 1:2

Edited by Wind

Someone's salty we left them in the US.  Sorry bud, but decisions are made by those who show up. 

3 hours ago, Wind said:

Why not build an army and dominate? Instead you guys pay others to have fun... lol?

Because it's fun.  We're content creators after all.  Some people get the RP schtick, some don't.  You don't.

3 hours ago, Wind said:

legit payback + they are pirates anyway. You don't balance BR when you see pirates))) Funny thing is everyone is still afraid to pvp in Naval Action @admin even some vets. I thought it got little better, but I was wrong.

1st group was afraid to fight, so they left to get more and gank with numbers. Typical NA style. Thing is I would do the same to Pirates and would go even numbers vs Nationals. Good pirates usually count as 1:2

Says the guy who logs on once every 6 months, makes 10 forum posts and then bails for 6 more.  Top kek.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

??? That's content for the server. #ContentCreators. I don't care about drama and who ganked who. Bounties, contracts, mercenary jobs, it's all extra content and fun :)

And currently i believe an aloha guy is in the running for a reward.

So I honestly don't see a problem here. Bounties have been placed, rewards stated. Whoever wins wins. The losers are the ones who don't participate.

All about creating content here, someone being salty is the best catalyst for content creation.

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

Someone's salty we left them in the US.  Sorry bud, but decisions are made by those who show up. 

Because it's fun.  We're content creators after all.  Some people get the RP schtick, some don't.  You don't.

Says the guy who logs on once every 6 months, makes 10 forum posts and then bails for 6 more.  Top kek.

Grab your guys, come out and pvp, loose ships thats how content is created, but instead you just pay others or force your clan to hop nations and pay for dlc every 3 months? You lost all your members doing that. From 100 to 6? Content creators lol ... Seriously Grab all your guys and go out pvp , camp ports and fight outnumbered force. Sadly VCO was never a pvp oriented clan imho.

I hold multiple accounts in multiple nations, always did. 

Fair winds and following seas o7

Edited by Wind

18 minutes ago, Wind said:

Grab your guys, come out and pvp, loose ships thats how content is created, but instead you just pay others or force your clan to hop nations and pay for dlc every 3 months? You lost all your members doing that. Content creators lol ...

I hold multiple accounts, always did. 

Of all active members only 1 did not follow us.  Even some inactive guys came back just for the switch.  I also paid for the DLCs of members who were not able do so themselves as well as some of our crafting alts.  Between all the DLCs for myself, others and another alt account I’d say admin managed to fleece $300 bucks or more off my ass alone this summer sale.  VCO moving nations will probably keep official games labs Dacia full of gas for a while.

Honestly @admin I think owes me one and should let me personally ban King of Crowns for good....  I joke I joke ....kinda.  Maybe?

Anyway we actively PVP nightly and I can usually be found during the daytime out doing a little solo hunting.  If you had stuck around for more than 15 mins at a time you might of noticed.  

Wind... buddy old pal, go grind that axe in game for a change and stop being salty on the forums.

toodles

Edited by Christendom

On 7/8/2018 at 5:34 AM, Batman said:

Ya‘ll so amazingly big carebaears you know that? „What have we done?“ „Why do you attack us?“ A perfect example of how alts ruin the game. Just.fight.each.other.

you wanted to know why nobody came to US teamspeak to figure out why you attacked us? Because nobody gives two shits about ports here. But we’re all carebears jajaja.

lol dude i was only pointing out they got jumped by SANTI which is made up of a bunch of former GLORY guys.  We are happy SANTI having fun too and are more active than they where in US.  I have no problem with the content/contest just was pointing out how he tossed in a few other clans cause of ones actions.  If we run into VCO guys we will fight them, but right now we aren't going out of our way to hunt them down cause we still have folks moving over from US and they really aren't going out of there way to get us.  IF folks get us and get some kills more power to them.  It's all fun and games.  I'm hoping maybe I'll run across them on the weekends (I work nights so don't get much play on week days eves).

@Christendom Can you update the main post with the standings of who has the most points.  Some one got Warlord in the PvP zone today so I was trying to get a screen shot of who sunk him to add to the mix.  We will play along in good spirit.