Game-Labs Forum

Hello everyone.

I do not know about you but I miss MICROPROSE a lot. I grew up playing his simulators back in the 80's. I remember the quality of their games and also and not least the quality of their instruction manuals. I have the manual of the B17 Flying Fortress on hand and it is a delight. Games like COLONIZATION, FIELDS OF GLORY etc. They taught History. You learned from them.

As the great Winston Churchill said about the bravery of the RAF pilots: "So much owed by so many to so few". This can also apply to MICROPROSE. Good weekend to everyone. 🙂

We begin.
image.png.ee9a842688ffaa47f6bc8375de22483f.pngimage.png.51188a3c5b40b44f44512dd33afa6b75.pngimage.png.4d6adc68b50a61631b632743b08997bb.pngimage.png.357c2381e8f1c1c15ded588535381e15.png
image.png.8565d317768e1bd037a9231854a1d4aa.pngimage.png.53a436947a0dfdc0fded509e811cd0ac.pngimage.png.d41758678ad0d69e1f707abe51d6c5ed.pngimage.png.84bdcf08d68284c8a26ebf8f008c40eb.png
And many more.....

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 10

72795-f-19-stealth-fighter-commodore-64-

Changed my life, no joke.

I played this on a monochrome TV in the basement, no problems with suspension of disbelief ;)

• Like 2

M1 Tank Platoon , i loved that game as kid .i kept trying different tactics . was an awesome piece of software.

back in those days if it had micropose on it , it was a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Falcon 4.0 evolved into Falcon BMS which is truly epic.  Thank you MicroProse for what you started.

13759920525_a07166dbf2_c.jpg

• Like 3

Wasn't Transport Tycoon theirs as well?

Edit: Yes it was.

I played this one for weeks on end back then:

Master_of_Magic_boxcover.jpg

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 1

Yeah, I surely miss Microprose.  I am still a gamer today because of Microprose.  I remember having keyboard overlays on my keyboards more than not having them on.  I even love owning a computer today because of those good 'ole days.  Great games.  F19 was an incredible game for its time, and totally immersive.

• Like 2

yeah i remember those keyboard overlays. they were quite helpful at the beginning. on othe gem they had was "red storm rising" , was a great game.

index.jpg

Edited by BoomBox

1 hour ago, BoomBox said:

... on othe gem they had was "red storm rising" , was a great game.

Yeah I played a lot of that one too.  For a long time there were no submarine games after that one wore off.  Not sure there are now either.

7 hours ago, BoomBox said:

"red storm rising" , was a great game.

And the book, surely the best war novel of all time. If someone has not read it, I highly recommend it. Ideal to read now in the summer holidays. Great Tom Clancy. 

i admit first i played the game and then i read the book and i was so blown after finishing it . it was a great read.  i read as a teenager , i even remebered it when i was in the german army. by that time the wall had fallen and there were a few old east german soldiers with which you could talk and since i was stationed near the old "fulda Gap" , they showed me a few areas and talked a lot. I learned a lot back then and tom clancy's "red storm rising" kept coming back into my memory.

13 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Yeah I played a lot of that one too.  For a long time there were no submarine games after that one wore off.  Not sure there are now either.

i think there is a remake out there , think it's called "Cold Waters". Haven't played it yet , don't have that much time and NA is still fun .

Edited by BoomBox