Game-Labs Forum

Player Luring allies to ambushes.

Player Republican, US nation alt of a French player, tagged by french raquin, Republican is in 3 indiaman's his current rank is master commandant so unable to fully crew all 3 ships, and yet manages to outrun and escape with all 3 ships from a fully crewed pvper belonging to the french, 
screenshots of chat to correspond with Rick jumping into the battle just as Republican's entire fleet escapes from the raquin, 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429477220 (shows undercrewed Indiaman's escaping a battle that shouldnt of even been possible even if those ships are designed purely for speed)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429499375 (this is rick statement as he entered the battle as the indiaman's left)

not long after this information was discussed on nation chat did Republican stop talking no response since about how this was possible once a point was made that there are more screenshots of similar instances of his fleet miraculously escaping pvp combat without a scratch while under crewed, and only escapes once someone joins to reinforce him, 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429502985 (this is the player inquestion) 

this evidence and probably other reports by US players filed against him for this type of baiting other US players into helping only to be joining a fight that had been setup for the intent to ambush us reinforcements helping a trader, every time he is tagged by a french player he never looses a ship to them and just miraculously escapes battle every time.

please check his IP and compare his assets as well his uses his alt Republican in the US nation to feed gold and materials to his main account in another nation,

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429505626 (shows his statement "who in the world do you think i make all my money for" he also stated at master commandant rank that he has more 1st rate ships then i do, implying he has a main account elsewhere on the server likely in the french nation as they dont sink or plunder or pvp him unless to bait US players into a battle just to be sunk for easy PVP marks"  

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429508943 (Republican states "I was a perfect stunt we had to take our ocean and run" and "0 hint hint of who I really am ^"  implying that this is not his only account and that his main or other account is not in the US nation)

please look into this as this kind of player is exploiting the system for his own benefit and destroying new players and US players being baited into saving a trader that isnt even being attacked by the tagger. check his chat logs from all his pvp battles if u can or his chatlogs in general as well as the IP see if other accounts have been active on it and their chatlogs.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ruby Rose said:

then why tag him in the first place and to have it happen every time and to have the french player wait around till he leaves

Because there is no way to know who someone is in the open world? And its a common practice to let go alts who you know of. US Nation frequently lets Russians go because many US members have alts in Russia. 

Edited by Psycho3630

no we let russian's go because they are our allies its completely different then what republican does, if republican is innocent of these accusations why is it that every time he is tagged a us player has to jump in before he miraculously escapes leaving the reinforcement to deal with the french player. its every time, and there are other screenshots of this exact same thing always involving republican and a french pvper, also there is a screenshot of him sailing past many french players in their port and not being attacked not once. but he always seems to get tagged just outside charleston harbor and of course another nearby us player will jump in and boom he manages to escape every time, if he has this personal protection from the french then why not state it on nation chat when he does get tagged like 'accidently jumped by french player dont join battle"

the fact he doesnt inform nation that he was attacked and that its fine or notify us players not to join the battle, proves that he wants someone to jump in. because every screenshot is of a US player reinforcing just as he is escaping untouched.

that is baiting ur allies into ambushes, because u know u are protected against pvp by the french but they want free or easy pvp marks so u dont inform ur nation about the battle so that someone foolish enough to reinforce to help, only to have u leave as they join. now the french someone to sink.

Edited by Ruby Rose
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Rain said:

Getting attacked in open world isn't anyone's problem but my own, I'm not calling for help. Also is been announced dozens of times im a sky and alt (Republican)

we all know u spy u even at one time posted that fact in nation chat, that u spy for another nation. 

49 minutes ago, Captain Rain said:

I get attacked by french, Prussian and dutch players because they cant read my name, once they do they let me go because they know me. People hop into those battles to scout/help isnt my problem and isnt baiting.

The problem really isn't you getting tagged or making money, the problem is more the negative things you say in Nation chat about the Nation while making it very clear you are a French alt.  Telling folks they should leave the nation to go to other nations and that the leaders aren't worth following.  It's not good for the game and breaks the game rules.  Moral is low all ready in a nation and ya'll just want to feed more and more toxic play.  You do know if suddenly all of US stops playing you will have no one to hunt any more, than what?  By being toxic and beating a nation into the ground doesn't bring more players, it runs them off.  Believe me I know we did the exact same thing on GLOBAL as BLACK and the population just went down more and more.  So with that I'll continue to report you ever time you speak poorly about the nation trying to get folks to quit or leave the nation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain Rain said:

I get attacked by french, Prussian and dutch players because they cant read my name, once they do they let me go because they know me. People hop into those battles to scout/help isnt my problem and isnt baiting.

"Conveniently" waiting in a battle combined with encouraging players to come undock and help you, and then when they arrive to the battle you leave them to the mercy of your other nation "friends" is baiting sir, plain and simple...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Drax said:

"Conveniently" waiting in a battle combined with encouraging players to come undock and help you, and then when they arrive to the battle you leave them to the mercy of your other nation "friends" is baiting sir, plain and simple...

Yes it is. Which is not what I am doing. (republican)

Another day in NA. You plug one leak and at the same time another one opens up...

24 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

We shall wait and see what admin finds in your chars trade records

I heard someone mentioned names - Christendom and Coraline Vodka and @King of Crowns:) They should all be thoroughly checked, not a single hole should be left unchecked at this point. 

Edited by Wind

Its quite simple you have admitted to being a spy, you have been baiting, and you spend all day in us nation chat criticizing people and trying to get players to leave USA and join France. I know what your main character is;

You admit to being both Harthuzad (Lord Hartz) and Republican; the behavior you are doing with your alt is in direct violation of what the devs have stated is allowable with alts; and yes I know you have tried to be ambiguous with your alts actions and stay within the grey area of the rules but like Ruby and Sir Texas said, you've crossed the line. Breaking the rules a little and lot are the same thing here... 

Edited by Lord_Drax
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Wind said:

Another day in NA. You plug one leak and at the same time another one opens up...

I heard someone mentioned names - Christendom and Coraline Vodka and @King of Crowns:) They should all be thoroughly checked, not a single hole should be left unchecked at this point. 

Checked how?  Please elaborate.  Are you upset that we left you in the US or something?  As a former mod you should know better than to make accusations without proof.  Please submit some.  

• Like 3

On 7/3/2018 at 4:57 AM, Ruby Rose said:

no we let russian's go because they are our allies its completely different then what republican does, if republican is innocent of these accusations why is it that every time he is tagged a us player has to jump in before he miraculously escapes leaving the reinforcement to deal with the french player. its every time, and there are other screenshots of this exact same thing always involving republican and a french pvper, also there is a screenshot of him sailing past many french players in their port and not being attacked not once. but he always seems to get tagged just outside charleston harbor and of course another nearby us player will jump in and boom he manages to escape every time, if he has this personal protection from the french then why not state it on nation chat when he does get tagged like 'accidently jumped by french player dont join battle"

the fact he doesnt inform nation that he was attacked and that its fine or notify us players not to join the battle, proves that he wants someone to jump in. because every screenshot is of a US player reinforcing just as he is escaping untouched.

that is baiting ur allies into ambushes, because u know u are protected against pvp by the french but they want free or easy pvp marks so u dont inform ur nation about the battle so that someone foolish enough to reinforce to help, only to have u leave as they join. now the french someone to sink.

I haven't seen a screenshot of him asking for help though. If, as you say, "a us play has to jump in", there would be some type of request or call for help. And no other player in any nation has been made to give an affirmative warning every time they are tagged if they have an agreement. If there should be that requirement is one argument, but to condemn him for not doing so when no other player is required to troubles me. If there is clear evidence of a conspiracy to bait people, any punishment given would be appropriate. However, what you have shown in the screenshots is that he was tagged by a french player and let go, while someone else jumped in and took a screenshot. I agree it should be looked into, as any situation like this should, but unless there is an intent to deceive players of his own nation to have them killed, I don't know if I would agree with punishment. A couple days ago, William Death in pirates tagged me into battle, he decided to let me go. Would you say I should be punished because I didn't warn my nation? 

I wouldn't say him escaping the battles is necessarily "miraculous" if it is an understanding or agreement among the players. When it comes to the others in the battle, if they joined out of their volition without prompting from Republican, I cannot see how he can be held responsible for someone else voluntarily joining a battle. 

That all being said, no matter what is found or done, I hope admin or someone will let us know of what comes of this, along with what standard they are holding the community to so it is clear in the future. As of right now, my understanding is that there would need to be intent. If it exists, I am sure @admin will act accordingly. 

if he is innocent after the devs do a dive into his chat logs and his assets and checking the other account he has and comparing interactions along with his toxic behavior in nation chat along with declaring at one time that he is a spy for another nation in the US nation chat which is a clear violation of game rules for alts and spies, lets not also forget i was only able to provide my screenshots and 1 by richbeard, if i had copies of the other screenshots taken of his actions i would of posted them. if the devs find him innocent of breaking any game rules then i would apologize for my accusations based on the evidence provided however if he is found in violation of these rules a ban on those accounts would serve well as a warning to those that break the game rules.

If the accused is being released by his “foreign” allies and there is not a plot to lure his fellow US, would he not escape asap leaving very little time for American reinforcements? Timing of how these battles play out should be considered when determining guilt or innocence.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ruby Rose said:

if he is innocent after the devs do a dive into his chat logs and his assets and checking the other account he has and comparing interactions along with his toxic behavior in nation chat along with declaring at one time that he is a spy for another nation in the US nation chat which is a clear violation of game rules for alts and spies, lets not also forget i was only able to provide my screenshots and 1 by richbeard, if i had copies of the other screenshots taken of his actions i would of posted them. if the devs find him innocent of breaking any game rules then i would apologize for my accusations based on the evidence provided however if he is found in violation of these rules a ban on those accounts would serve well as a warning to those that break the game rules.

Well, spying is not itself against the rules. At least, i could not find a forum post by admin that said it was. However, I would argue that the above is an expansion from your original complaint. More of an overall and cumulative complaint rather than what the forum post was created for, baiting. I am sure that admin will do a thorough review. I think it would also be beneficial for @admin to create a post of some kind that outlines the rules for players who have multiple accounts, set clear boundaries so there are no more questions. I don't know how trade or assets would mean much, since trading with your alt is regular for those that have one because the alts are often used to obtain materials that are difficult to get on main accounts. If that is against the rules, I would expect more enforcement against many other players would be coming. My understanding was that alt accounts were only restricted to not being directly involved in RvR, such as port grinding, screening, etc, but spying in itself is something that happens daily across the game, either by use of alts or players sharing information with each other. The adage "Lose lips lose ships" has been used a lot in the game and on the forums to show that relaying what is said in one nation chat to players of another is part of an RvR experience and something to be considered. 

At the end of the day, this is all speculation until admin makes a ruling. 

Edited by Psycho3630

2 hours ago, Psycho3630 said:

Well, spying is not itself against the rules. At least, i could not find a forum post by admin that said it was. However, I would argue that the above is an expansion from your original complaint. More of an overall and cumulative complaint rather than what the forum post was created for, baiting. I am sure that admin will do a thorough review. I think it would also be beneficial for @admin to create a post of some kind that outlines the rules for players who have multiple accounts, set clear boundaries so there are no more questions. I don't know how trade or assets would mean much, since trading with your alt is regular for those that have one because the alts are often used to obtain materials that are difficult to get on main accounts. If that is against the rules, I would expect more enforcement against many other players would be coming. My understanding was that alt accounts were only restricted to not being directly involved in RvR, such as port grinding, screening, etc, but spying in itself is something that happens daily across the game, either by use of alts or players sharing information with each other. The adage "Lose lips lose ships" has been used a lot in the game and on the forums to show that relaying what is said in one nation chat to players of another is part of an RvR experience and something to be considered. 

At the end of the day, this is all speculation until admin makes a ruling. 

Captains with abnormal net wealth will have all their assets removed and in subsequent cases their accounts deleted. 
using an alt to amass wealth then trading it directly to ur main especially in another nation from the alt would be abnormal net wealth and making an unfair advantage compared to those that cant afford multiple accounts, from my understanding announcing in nation chat of any nation that ur a spy for a foreign country was against game rules.

most players with alts usually only have alts to help with the lack of building slots for crafting, where as republican stated his wealth on his account is for his main, which is a unfair advantage as well as an exploit in the game mechanics. one of which he has been abusing.

Edited by Ruby Rose
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

F6D5E79CC2737EFB1583DC8169F5F605FDC36F7E

His alt admitting his identity

he also admits to seal clubbing our players, it also proves that enemy ships did know which ship is his, and that republican is a traitor in the US nation, we should be allowed if he is in a battle to green on green republican as he is a known traitor and spy and is intentionally targeting our players in the starting area every day, his behavior in nation chat is also rather toxic which in his course could and probably have pushed players away from playing naval action.

Edited by Ruby Rose