Game-Labs Forum

Add outposts to Admiralty Connection DLC

Thank you for the answer. I read the link you posted.

It's a bit of an ill-logic to argue that buying the game a second time to get an alt is not p2w but adding 2-4 outposts to a DLC is.

Seems more like maneuvering to keep the advantage of having an alt.

Don't have time in my life for an alt and I would like the DLC to include maybe 2-3 outposts more. Aren't hardcore RVR gamers going to buy alts and DLCs and what-not in order to win anyways? So why not give the average invested player a little more incentive to stay invested?

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle
  • Like 3

Because you get an advantage that can't be obtained any way else but to spend money. It's the definition of P2W.

The solution is to make outposts unlimited by hard numbers but soft limited by things like tax, removing the need for alts.

But ya know, that's just my idea.

2 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Thank you for the answer. I read the link you posted.

It's a bit of an ill-logic to argue that buying the game a second time to get an alt is not p2w but adding 2-4 outposts to a DLC is.

Seems more like maneuvering to keep the advantage of having an alt.

Don't have time in my life for an alt and I would like the DLC to include maybe 2-3 outposts more. Aren't hardcore RVR gamers going to buy alts and DLCs and what-not in order to win anyways? So why not give the average invested player a little more incentive to stay invested?

to make an alt take influrence ( not by some exploits)  in rvr he needs to  gain lvl (books etc) its ingame effort that has to put in. while buying just a dlc is only cash for advanatge.

33 minutes ago, z4ys said:

to make an alt take influrence ( not by some exploits)  in rvr he needs to  gain lvl (books etc) its ingame effort that has to put in. while buying just a dlc is only cash for advanatge.

Well, yes, that's an argument, I get that.

34 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Because you get an advantage that can't be obtained any way else but to spend money. It's the definition of P2W. 

If everybody has the advantage of more outposts (because everybody buys it) it would level the advantage anyways.

Since we're already down the road to P2W now, there probably needs to be a broader discussion of how much P2W this game can stand.

26 minutes ago, Batman said:

What makes you think so?

Because it would be stupid to do otherwise if you're a hardcore player and would want to win.

20 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Gamelabs could just raise outpost slots for ingame money 😉 nobody would complain. dosent have to be a dlc that makes it fishy 

That would actually be the most elegant solution. Advantages gained for everyone. :)

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

7 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Because it would be stupid to do otherwise if you're a hardcore player and would want to win.

If you can only win by investing additional money, you're a pretty bad hardcore player.

1 minute ago, Batman said:

I assume you are one of the crowd who would DDoS enemy TS Server to win PB.

Since you switched from the rhetorical you to a more personal you I also lose the interest in conversing with you.

1 hour ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Since we're already down the road to P2W now, there probably needs to be a broader discussion of how much P2W this game can stand.

Here's your discussion: R.I.P

paytowin is a death sentence for any game

Edited by Slim McSauce

13 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I bought this DLC (mainly to support the development) but also dont want NA turn into a paytowin.

They need to add same style paints to regular ships as Free content along with payed ships. ex. xebec gold outlines and colors. 

Edited by Wind

22 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Z4y makes an excellent point.  All the things in The DLCs should be available to purchase in game.

most are. Xebec and herc are possible to get through epic chests.

In short, no.

I would be ok with extra outposts costing more gold or pvp marks so that everyone has the ability to gain access to more outposts. I'd love an extra outpost or 2 myself but everyone needs access to it, not just whales with loads of cash.

I will not allow P2W to taint this game without a fight.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, z4ys said:

number of outpost are connected to rvr. rvr is endgame content. having more outposts is advantage in rvr. therefore p2w

That's just not correct in my experience, because for me RvR > OW PvP. Result is that I give up ports in good PvP areas just to have RvR ports with ships sitting ready with repairs. So if I get more outpost slots I will get back the free towns I used to have. To get easier access to OW PvP. This again will bring more daily content to players I would normally not encounter.  

We always had way to few outpost slots, it's been annoying me for years. I do not believe a single player with out and alt character can enjoy all aspects of the game, because he just can't cover it all (OW hunting, RvR, trading and crafting ) with so few outpost slots. 
I totally get that it might seam unfair for players that we can pay money for such an advantage, but most of us already did this.. Many multiple times, with alt characters!

I totally support giving all players access to more outpost slots, because I think it would bring more content out into this huge map. But if the only way we will get it is by a DLC, then ffs let me buy it! :P

37 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

That's just not correct in my experience, because for me RvR > OW PvP. Result is that I give up ports in good PvP areas just to have RvR ports with ships sitting ready with repairs. So if I get more outpost slots I will get back the free towns I used to have. To get easier access to OW PvP. This again will bring more daily content to players I would normally not encounter.  

We always had way to few outpost slots, it's been annoying me for years. I do not believe a single player with out and alt character can enjoy all aspects of the game, because he just can't cover it all (OW hunting, RvR, trading and crafting ) with so few outpost slots. 
I totally get that it might seam unfair for players that we can pay money for such an advantage, but most of us already did this.. Many multiple times, with alt characters!

I totally support giving all players access to more outpost slots, because I think it would bring more content out into this huge map. But if the only way we will get it is by a DLC, then ffs let me buy it! :P

I agree that there should be more slots. But like you pointed out outposts restrict you in participating in RvR/OW at the same time. That is exactly why it would be p2W if it is a dlc.