Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
William Wade

To All Of Those Hunting Around Capital Ports

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

This is a bullshit argument. 

The US is the weakest nation because it consistently gets hunted day in and day out by multiple nations who, instead of fighting each other, simply just help each other sink the maximum amount of noobs they can for PVP marks and forum screenshot egos.  Your crew included.  Veteran players in the US don't exist.  They either move on to other nations that are less farmed out or simply quit out of frustration.  The US has quite literally been backed into the safe zone and they have nowhere else to sail.  

Prussia isn't good because they are located near tortue.  They are good because good pvpers joined the nation and then folks tired of getting farmed outside Ctown or KPR joined them.  Same with the WO group.  Majority of WO was at some point in the US or GB and decided to be one of the clubbers rather than the seals, affirming my previous point.  Veteran players don't stick around in the farmed nations, they latch on to a crew and then proceed to help with the farming.

There are great players out there who are nationally American and would probably join the US if it was in a better position that wasnt tucked so far away from any other nation.

It takes just over 30 minutes to sail from Charleston to Rio Seco if you leave when the wind is perfect. What group of pvpers wants to sail that far for content? Rio seco isnt even busy anymore so you need to sail an hour to get to La Habana to fight spanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flinch said:

There are great players out there who are nationally American and would probably join the US if it was in a better position that wasnt tucked so far away from any other nation.

It takes just over 30 minutes to sail from Charleston to Rio Seco if you leave when the wind is perfect. What group of pvpers wants to sail that far for content? Rio seco isnt even busy anymore so you need to sail an hour to get to La Habana to fight spanish.

Luckily there are freetowns where even the most remote of nations can hang out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game is stuck in a negative loop

1) Force causuals and traders to get out of the safe zones ... they will quit ... and you get further drop in player numbers ... then hunters without easy preys will quit as well.

2) try to "add nice new PVE or PVP content to lure out people out of safezones" .... good solution on paper ... but to do this you need fresh money ... fresh money comes from good DLCs ... put ingame good DLC to get money ... the anti P2W inquisition uproars, threatens boycotts and quits.

3) Do almost nothing, just tweaking here and there, but basically leaving things as they are .... slow erosion of players number due to boredom.

 

 

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Christendom said:

This is a bullshit argument. 

The US is the weakest nation because it consistently gets hunted day in and day out by multiple nations who, instead of fighting each other, simply just help each other sink the maximum amount of noobs they can for PVP marks and forum screenshot egos.  Your crew included.  Veteran players in the US don't exist.  They either move on to other nations that are less farmed out or simply quit out of frustration.  The US has quite literally been backed into the safe zone and they have nowhere else to sail.  

Prussia isn't good because they are located near tortue.  They are good because good pvpers joined the nation and then folks tired of getting farmed outside Ctown or KPR joined them.  Same with the WO group.  Majority of WO was at some point in the US or GB and decided to be one of the clubbers rather than the seals, affirming my previous point.  Veteran players don't stick around in the farmed nations, they latch on to a crew and then proceed to help with the farming.

Situation:

1. There is 1 French and 1 Prussian outside Charleston, let's say they attack each other.

2. Some US players report the battle, after time 10-15 US join ONLY one side. Because they can't join both (and they wouldn't)

3. Fighting "each other" ends up 1vs16 and it could have been 2vs15

------------

US have superior position on the Bahamas and that's where they trade, build ships, do PvE and PvP. Yes, they have a place to go. They have also all of the free towns and many US players use free towns. It's you to choose being a victim or hunter. 

-----------

US is not the weakest nation, it's one of the worst nations when it comes to PvP. It has massive safe zone, rare resources (Teak & WO & LO) which for instance GB or Dutch don't own at all. Nation has lots of players playing the "victim" role and very little number of "hunters", hence the reason why they are getting farmed, because they choose to.

------------

44 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Veteran players in the US don't exist

Good joke, US has tons of veterans with 2000+ playing hours. I don't judge them how they spend that time, but they simply ain't good at PvP or commanding. Just like GB has many veterans, much more than Prussia. Veteran =/= PvP player. 

Also, veterans don't leave big nations because of farming. I played in GB for almost 2 years and I loved PvP happening everywhere all over Jamaica, Belize and wherever it was. I wasn't really "farmed" and I loved fighting so called "KPR blockades" with bunch of noobs alongside. Reason why I left is because big nations are full of dramas and don't work united. They can have 100+ players online and still easily fail. Dramas, argues, insults, flaming in nation chat and stupidity. No shared goals, most prefer to safely sit in safety and don't stick their nose out of it or even better, ally with half of the server for safety.

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

A lot of this game problems would be solved if they speed up ow travel.

The 20 or so guys i used to play with quit because of this.

 

They already did that once and it's unlikely to happen again. The only thing it would do is make going from point A to point B slightly faster, and right now that's not a commonly talked about problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

A lot of this game problems would be solved if they speed up ow travel

I disagree.  

One of the appealing parts of NA-OW is the experience of long sails and a decent sized open world.

We already have high powered speedboats rocketing across the waves.  The speed had increased enough.  

Perhaps someday NA legends will be reopened for all those who dislike sailing.

Consider the players who like sailing and those who don't play, because ships in OW kinda feel like a powerboats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well they need to please one crowd or the other, and i suspect the crowd i'm with is larger considering how few people play this game now.

Sailing around for days in an empty ocean might be the authentic experience but most people don't have time for that shit.

what exactly is there to like about endless sailing exactly please explain? 

everyone complains about empty oceans.  The world is too big.

 

Edited by beagleplease
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

well they need to please one crowd or the other, and i suspect the crowd i'm with is larger considering how few people play this game now.

Sailing around for days in an empty ocean might be the authentic experience but most people don't have time for that shit.

what exactly is there to like about endless sailing exactly please explain? 

everyone complains about empty oceans.  The world is too big.

 

It's not too big. It's just not all being used. RVR is a good reason to spread out but there's no OW reason to spread out. Nothing really to do on OW besides patrols and trading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beagleplease said:

well they need to please one crowd or the other, and i suspect the crowd i'm with is larger considering how few people play this game now.

Sailing around for days in an empty ocean might be the authentic experience but most people don't have time for that shit.

what exactly is there to like about endless sailing exactly please explain? 

everyone complains about empty oceans.  The world is too big.

 

The problem is not the speed, as you say, you sail EMPTY seas.

Fill the empty seas with content and we all will enjoy sailing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't know how much content we can expect 2 devs to produce, increasing speed/shrinking the map a bit is pretty easy to do and provides content in the form of more players on the sea.

I'm curious if you would like to sail around at most at 14 knots on the ow then? 

Edited by beagleplease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

i don't know how much content we can expect 2 devs to produce, increasing speed/shrinking the map a bit is pretty easy to do and provides content in the form of more players on the sea.

I'm curious if you would like to sail around at most at 14 knots on the ow then? 

Im one of the guys behind the proposal of increasing ow speed. Before our max speed was 21-22.

Devs must hire new programers and make the content this game desperately is waiting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just think for most people its still takes too long to sail anywhere so they just stay in one place get bored and quit.

you are right about content no one can argue but i do worry that the underlying problem is the time investment.

i came back recently and the game seems to have taken as many backward steps as forward. 

are you sure they didn't just change the numbers lol.  It seems to take just as long as before to sail anywhere to me but i have been away for a while.

If my current trade run took half the time i wouldn't mind doing it at a riskier time as it is i will not risk wasting that much time so no hunters are likely to see my trader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

i just think for most people its still takes too long to sail anywhere so they just stay in one place get bored and quit.

you are right about content no one can argue but i do worry that the underlying problem is the time investment.

i came back recently and the game seems to have taken as many backward steps as forward. 

are you sure they didn't just change the numbers lol.  It seems to take just as long as before to sail anywhere to me but i have been away for a while.

If my current trade run took half the time i wouldn't mind doing it at a riskier time as it is i will not risk wasting that much time so no hunters are likely to see my trader.

Before cargo didnt affect so much speed as now. Thats why you didnt notice changes to ow speed. Also, the sailing profile and base speed of traders were changed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah which just makes it even riskier to sail for hours with your cargo hold full.  and then the hunters are all like "wheres muh traders for to gankz"(the dont speak good you see).

i'm not a pure trader though i sail pvp ships around too but ofc we carry repairs which slow us down.... or we don't ands have to sail back to buy more after every fight, thats if you were lucky enough to win without enough reps for a sustained fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beagleplease said:

yeah which just makes it even riskier to sail for hours with your cargo hold full.  and then the hunters are all like "wheres muh traders for to gankz"(the dont speak good you see).

i'm not a pure trader though i sail pvp ships around too but ofc we carry repairs which slow us down.... or we don't ands have to sail back to buy more after every fight, thats if you were lucky enough to win without enough reps for a sustained fight.

The thing is if OW speed becomes too fast then the trade runs are very short and thus there is less risk. It would get to a point where it would not be worth it to hunt traders as by the time you saw them and identified them as traders they would be in port. Trading without risk is boring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Incorrect.

Logistics and operational level mean that most merchantmen attacked in the past ( read 10.x and before ) was in fact materials being transported to the assembly areas.

A small headcount nation could engage in warfare at corsair scale given it would nigh impossible to engage in full conquest, but still was fun to do and both deny and aprehend enemy resources. Since 10.x we needed to transport the goods back, being open to recapture. This is GOOD age of sail simulation. Everything is out in the water at all times, no magic teleportation

I agree that it is wrong to simplify crafting so much and make ship parts a tradable object was good for the content of the game

 

17 hours ago, Hethwill said:

 

Now...Trade Goods are dumped to the water. They are worthless to a raider. They server only the purpose of enrichment of the "solo" player trader. While other testing phases the trade was necessary for nation and clan - it was the lifeline of ship production. They were escorted many many times. 

 

It is untrue that merchant stay in safe zone anyway… to make profit with goods/commodities you have to exit safe zones. So all this crap about merchant staying in safe zone is a lie. Now concerning the way some people like to play (solo or in a clan, privater or merchant), I wounder what makes you so exceptional (and others like you) to make a judgement on what people like or not. What is your real lifre achievment that would give you such an authority??? So stop the lessons of morality about what others do or dont. We dont care about it.

 

18 hours ago, Hethwill said:

**

Keep the safe zones, for all i care. Actually know what ? Turn the entire map a safe zone and keep only 5 spots where attacks can happen - Patrol zones.

I am sure the numbers will reach the FARZANDS...

**sarcasm

Finally is trolling compatible with what is written Under the small picture in the left column? I Wonder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade goods are nothing to a corsair. Just change and nowadays I rather sink those goods than sail the prize back to a open port to sell them.

Now all you are is marks. Nothing more than puny little pvp marks and to the fishes with all your trade goods.

A corsair of a small nation with limited Conquest force wants to hit the merchant navy transporting the resources - the iron, the coal, the stuff that builds ships - to deny the enemy nation a new ship and therefore bring those same resources for his own.

That's why so many hours of small groups were used in the past to hit the enemy trade routes.

I do not lie. But we do not see the game in the same way.

We stand in the most and utter concentration of people around "capitals" as never before.

No wonder the wolves sit outside your door.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The economy is completely screwed a guy can buy a ship for 70k from a port and go fight, get sunk and his 70k merc now gave 1 million in combat rewards to players.

Edited by beagleplease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it takes too long to sail. But i agree that some sailing at times can be really boring if you are looking for the enemy.

@beagleplease if your 20 or so friends came back, all joined the same nation, and you did some hostility grinding for a port, you would have pvp if the enemy nation came to counter your hostility or instant pvp for the port battle.

It's garuanteed content that we are all so desparately looking for. While I would change how it's done, at least for the current iteration it's not bad. If you don't want to pay for the port, you could always just drop it and go fight another one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I don't think it takes too long to sail. But i agree that some sailing at times can be really boring if you are looking for the enemy.

@beagleplease if your 20 or so friends came back, all joined the same nation, and you did some hostility grinding for a port, you would have pvp if the enemy nation came to counter your hostility or instant pvp for the port battle.

It's garuanteed content that we are all so desparately looking for. While I would change how it's done, at least for the current iteration it's not bad. If you don't want to pay for the port, you could always just drop it and go fight another one.

but its only 1st rate grinding.

 

That fact alone is pretty boring. In RvR you only sail 1st rates except the PB size demands smaller ships which doesnt happen often because in all ports >=5000 BR the most used ship is 1st rates

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I don't think it takes too long to sail. But i agree that some sailing at times can be really boring if you are looking for the enemy.

@beagleplease if your 20 or so friends came back, all joined the same nation, and you did some hostility grinding for a port, you would have pvp if the enemy nation came to counter your hostility or instant pvp for the port battle.

It's garuanteed content that we are all so desparately looking for. While I would change how it's done, at least for the current iteration it's not bad. If you don't want to pay for the port, you could always just drop it and go fight another one.

I managed to get 3 of them to try the game again, it's very unlikely any other will come back because everything they disliked about the game seems to be the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on this topic:

today i spent 6hours+ hunting players in OW i only found 2 in OW others were at capitals is it bad hunting where new guys spawn?YES , but you do not have a choice if you want pvp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Im one of the guys behind the proposal of increasing ow speed. Before our max speed was 21-22.

Devs must hire new programers and make the content this game desperately is waiting.

Hope with the sale and DLC's they can maybe get a programmer/artist to work on more content while the main guys finish up the core game mechanics to get things more in line to go live.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

but its only 1st rate grinding.

 

That fact alone is pretty boring. In RvR you only sail 1st rates except the PB size demands smaller ships which doesnt happen often because in all ports >=5000 BR the most used ship is 1st rates

In the US we are more running into the problem with ports being under 5K so that you can only get like 5-6 (2500 BR) or 10+ (5K BR) players in it.  We would like to see more 5K+ ports so we can get more players in and more folks can have fun.  Biggest complaint i hear about RvR is, "Why should I come grind or screen if I"m never going to get into the PB cause it's the same 5-7 players that get in every time?"   That and the grind on the bigger parts is so against the attackers.  10 ships only vs 10 AI ships and the defender can jump on so your either fighting 20 ships or your wounded and fighting 10+.   Not to mention the gank you might get afterwards out side if you didn't bring enough screeners.  Than if you loose any ships you loose a lot of your progress fast.  We where at 97% agro a few times to loose it all when the main grind fleet got jumped and sunk by defenders....it gets where folks just give up and leave the fighting cause they don't want to start all over again or it's to close to the 3 hour window to try to finish it off again.  RvR system still needs a lot of work to it.  Another thing would be nice if they limit some ports to say 3rd rate or below or 4th rate and below.  This way you can only have those ships and it's not the meta of stuffing in as many 1st rates as you can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hope with the sale and DLC's they can maybe get a programmer/artist to work on more content while the main guys finish up the core game mechanics to get things more in line to go live.

I agree we need DLC Paints plus more balanced DLC ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×