Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
William Wade

To All Of Those Hunting Around Capital Ports

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, William Wade said:

Especially those using premium or super ships to repeatedly bully new and newly returned players.

This is why the game gets a bad rap in reviews and the player base is f all. Think about what you are doing, take the time to hunt OW instead of looking for easy PVP marks just to get your name in lights on the leaderboard.

Give new guys a chance to actually experience the game, otherwise the player base will be reduced to 50 or so players and their alts.

I've said this from [my] day one.

The game is on its last legs because of PvPers ganking newbies. I rarely play now and when I do, I play on the PvE server.

Edited by seanjo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, William Wade said:

Especially those using premium or super ships to repeatedly bully new and newly returned players.

This is why the game gets a bad rap in reviews and the player base is f all. Think about what you are doing, take the time to hunt OW instead of looking for easy PVP marks just to get your name in lights on the leaderboard.

Give new guys a chance to actually experience the game, otherwise the player base will be reduced to 50 or so players and their alts.

There are ways and strategies to repel the attackers. Look what @Graf Bernadotte wrote in this topic about Brits.

Game gets, or will get a bad reputation because of other things, which were named probably 50 times on this forum, and one of the worst things is: there is not much to do but "shoot ships".

So, begging for mercy here is not the way ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Community didn't like the logistics and operational exercise needed.

Nah, the reason they were hated is it gave winners the means to keep winning and losers were screwed because the regional bonuses were critical to PvP. It’s the same gripe that I have against PvP marks. There shouldn’t be a mechanic in the game that causes a positive feedback with regards to winning. 

That’s why port upkeep is important, however it needs to be balanced with incentives and rewards that are still meaningful. And that’s why RvR is currently dead: all stick and no carrot makes it more appealing for those PvP’ers to go pound newbs in safe zones instead of run up a port.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I hunt in capital areas but make sure to

a) Not kill the same person more than once a week if possible.

b) Let everyone of a sufficiently low rank go. PC/FC and below usually.

c) Move to different areas of the map to fish. Pirates got the brunt this week, next week it'll be the French again probably.

I have always advocated for strong reinforcements in the zone, the 1st rates that players used to get were adequate. Then they nerfed the reinforcements. The devs should bring back 1st rate reinforcements.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could, you know, actually see and chat with those enemies on the open water before pulling them into a battle? 

I’m still advocating for no PvP safe zones where the economy and rewards are hobbled. Next to them are medium risk, no capture, no sinky PvP zones where rewards and taxes are more amenable to advancement. Then outside those are high risk, high reward, anything goes play.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could, you know, actually see and chat with those enemies on the open water before pulling them into a battle? 

Yes, it would be more than nice.  It would encourage interaction.

I should also be allowed to trade with enemies both in an instance and in OW.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Liq said:

Fix patrol zone RoE to allow a broader range of players / groups to participate rather than only gank fleets and Im sure the Action would shift from capitals to the patrol zones.

Yes!

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

 

The Action will always be there where players can get the most marks due to the easiest way. Making patrol battles fair will just lead to less participation if there are other more easier ways to gain marks.

I think you're wrong, but even if you're right fun patrols won't hurt the rest of the OW in any way.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

if that would be true why not go to the patrol? Should be cramped with all that players that want fights in reasonable amount of time.

Duh! When the death squads rule the patrols as well as the OW in general, but it's much harder to make an escape in patrol instances, I don't wonder at many players' reluctance to go in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion is pretty simple, don’t allow production in capital area at all other than hull repairs and guns. If you want to build a ship or upgrade find a place to do it that doesn’t protect you = open world trading and movement. Limit missions to lower ranks only in reinforcement area by making it to where after max rank you can no longer do mission in reinforcement zone and have to find another port to operate out of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vile Executioner said:

My suggestion is pretty simple, don’t allow production in capital area at all other than hull repairs and guns. If you want to build a ship or upgrade find a place to do it that doesn’t protect you = open world trading and movement. Limit missions to lower ranks only in reinforcement area by making it to where after max rank you can no longer do mission in reinforcement zone and have to find another port to operate out of. 

I don't think you should take something away from players who want to spend their time in relative safety.  Phrases like "don't allow, "limit" and "have to", don't belong here when everybody pays money (sometimes more than once!) for the game.  I think the Devs are on the right track by making it more attractive to build ships outside the Capitol.  More encouragement to move out to the OW and less "don't allow".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hunt in the capital areas, mostly solo, as most brits and US can attest to.  Unfortunately without being able to identify the target beforehand I have no idea if this is a seal I'm clubbing or an old vet I just tagged or mission jumped.  It's almost to the point now where I don't even want to let folks go because If it's not me killing them, someone else will come along up by Ctown in 10mins and club this guy anyway.  I wonder how many new players are sunk now that we can't identify them prior to the battle...then before when we could selectively pick and choose our targets.  I'm still not convinced this forced anonymity we have on the OW is a good thing.  

Anyway, until this game creates a necessity for players to leave the safe zone....players won't leave it.  You can't fault new players or casual minded ones for NOT leaving their safer waters if they don't have to.  Especially with the gank-in-numbers groups we have roaming around the main capitals these days.

You also can't fault the hunters who can only find prey outside the capitals.  You can however fault the hunters who don't fight other hunters.  I've seen Prussians and French just stand off, watch each other on the OW and wait for a couple US players to leave the safe zone for all 10 of them to go and gank.  The other day we sunk a couple french off Charleston who were waiting for US players to pop out of a battle and their leader went on to whine in global chat about how sinking french up there wasn't allowed.  We should be only sinking US.....     How very sad.

This game is being ruined by the "win at all costs" mindset of players that refuse to target anyone else that could possibly be a threat to them.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except for the clanbased system I fully agree with Christendom. I like his suggestions.

The actual system is so boring because it tooks ages to find a fight in open world. PVPzones are broken by ganking. The last changes did not fix that so I see rarely a point in going there.

The reinforcementzones should be 100 percent save for lower ranks but completely unsave for all ranks above master and commander or maybe postcaptain. 

The problem is not the reinforcementzone but rearadmirals hiding in those reinforcementzones who are not willing to fight even PVP or learn PVP but are playing on a PVP server.

There is a large desperate map and it is pointless to travel there alone to be ganked at the end. Where should I go when I want PVP but I do not want to travel 5 hours to get a good fight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remove all skill books (top ones first) and remove PVP marks rewards for player killed inside capital and reinforcement area.

if you want PVP marks, you must go to other areas

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

My suggestion is pretty simple, don’t allow production in capital area at all other than hull repairs and guns. If you want to build a ship or upgrade find a place to do it that doesn’t protect you = open world trading and movement. Limit missions to lower ranks only in reinforcement area by making it to where after max rank you can no longer do mission in reinforcement zone and have to find another port to operate out of. 

Carezones are meant to be fallback areas. Taking away what they are supposed to makes it kind of fake feature. 

Don't get me wrong I would love to see the zones get changed so they still serve their purpose but stop making rich players richer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Except for the clanbased system I fully agree with Christendom. I like his suggestions.

The actual system is so boring because it tooks ages to find a fight in open world. PVPzones are broken by ganking. The last changes did not fix that so I see rarely a point in going there.

The reinforcementzones should be 100 percent save for lower ranks but completely unsave for all ranks above master and commander or maybe postcaptain. 

The problem is not the reinforcementzone but rearadmirals hiding in those reinforcementzones who are not willing to fight even PVP or learn PVP but are playing on a PVP server.

There is a large desperate map and it is pointless to travel there alone to be ganked at the end. Where should I go when I want PVP but I do not want to travel 5 hours to get a good fight?

Game boring and unbalanced, gives no content=low player numbers.

That is why you can not find PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont really understand, everyone calls them "safe zones", yet players get killed there like flyes, watts next call the swedish nation "hardcore"?

Edited by RaimundoJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't NPC ships attack player ships from another nation on contact? It used to happen a long time ago. People want the safe zones removed but how unrealistic is it that they can sit outside a nation capital and not get attacked by NPC fleets?

So instead of having safe zones why not have danger zones for capital campers and any NPC ship that spots them attacks them on sight and yes the open world speed of these ships should be on a par with players.

The battle should remain open also so other people can help the NPCs with the capital camper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

Why don't NPC ships attack player ships from another nation on contact? It used to happen a long time ago. People want the safe zones removed but how unrealistic is it that they can sit outside a nation capital and not get attacked by NPC fleets?

So instead of having safe zones why not have danger zones for capital campers and any NPC ship that spots them attacks them on sight and yes the open world speed of these ships should be on a par with players.

The battle should remain open also so other people can help the NPCs with the capital camper

That would be annoying. Chances are the ai would just tag players before the hunter could chase down its target. I wager thats what you want. But I dont want to spend my time running away from AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be a broken record of this example,  but it did work on the other game, much similar to this one.  You see those red zones, those are PvP zones so every one knew where to get PvP.  The rest of the map pretty much you where able to freely PvE and do what ever you want in freedom.  Just about every MMO out there has PvE zones and safe zones and you have to be certain levels to even enter the PvP zones.  You can't camp a capital of a faction or newbie zone.   This game has a unhealthy habit to support the PvP Seal Clubbers and gankers with the mechanics slowly changing them to give more and more false hope of security.   Why shouldn't folks be able to PvE in safety if they want and than go off to RvR and PvP if they want to?  And don't give me that crap, "They should just go to the PvE server."  Than you would have no one to hunt.  Casualy want to play the game at there own pace and than if they feel like some PvP than go do it, not have it forced down there throat 24/7 by guys that seem to have no jobs or any other life.    This game was never promised as a PvP only game, about as close as you gotten to that was NA:L and we all know how that failed.  It will not survive on a Pure PVP note, you need the casuals and the carebears to make the game work and last.  

 

O63V1ey.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill said:

MMO or massive multiplayer wargame. Make up your minds.

Tell that to the devs, it's their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slim barnacle... phhht

"please devs, make caribbean runescape please"

- the other side -

"more age of sail ww2 online type wargame neede"

- yet more -

"age of sails aces high NOW! "

 

So, what the hell do we want ? I agree with you man. We should stop suggesting and let devs 100% close doors and do whatever they feel like and to hell with whiners.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets be aware that the weakest nation is the US because it is so remote and hidden from pvp that its players are not forged in the fires of pvp.

The strongest pvpers come from the least safe nations and the nations that are located closer to pvp hotzones.

The poor US is way too far from pvp that isnt out right ganking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel pretty bad for the US. They've been getting bullied for a while now and aren't getting the opportunity to grow like a nation should. A lot of the people ganking may try to justify it but if they were the ones being camped at their capital so much then I'm sure they would be the ones complaining about it. At the very least let noobs play in relative peace. I've done plenty of hunting around capitals in the past, including Charleston, but I always try to leave noobs alone. I may fight them but I won't sink them. I'm hoping we can improve the new player experience but events like this all but destroy that hope. If you are one of those who will sink inexperienced players with no mercy and only do it for the sake of killing then you should really consider pulling your head out of your ass and set an example for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Lets be aware that the weakest nation is the US because it is so remote and hidden from pvp that its players are not forged in the fires of pvp.

The strongest pvpers come from the least safe nations and the nations that are located closer to pvp hotzones.

The poor US is way too far from pvp that isnt out right ganking.

This is a bullshit argument. 

The US is the weakest nation because it consistently gets hunted day in and day out by multiple nations who, instead of fighting each other, simply just help each other sink the maximum amount of noobs they can for PVP marks and forum screenshot egos.  Your crew included.  Veteran players in the US don't exist.  They either move on to other nations that are less farmed out or simply quit out of frustration.  The US has quite literally been backed into the safe zone and they have nowhere else to sail.  

Prussia isn't good because they are located near tortue.  They are good because good pvpers joined the nation and then folks tired of getting farmed outside Ctown or KPR joined them.  Same with the WO group.  Majority of WO was at some point in the US or GB and decided to be one of the clubbers rather than the seals, affirming my previous point.  Veteran players don't stick around in the farmed nations, they latch on to a crew and then proceed to help with the farming.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill said:

Slim barnacle... phhht

"please devs, make caribbean runescape please"

- the other side -

"more age of sail ww2 online type wargame neede"

- yet more -

"age of sails aces high NOW! "

 

So, what the hell do we want ? I agree with you man. We should stop suggesting and let devs 100% close doors and do whatever they feel like and to hell with whiners.

 

 

All of those would be epic games though, you gotta admit. I've never asked for exactly those but taking the best of each (openness, logistics, realism/immersion) respectively.

NA is not that epic and not that congruent in its ideas. Maybe because devs listen to the ideas more than they listen to the problems, which they could fix themselves without needing entire presentations of hugely complicated suggestions, each taking the game into a whole new realm of development?

Devs need to share their vision so we can get on the same page here. There's so many different ways to solve the OW pvp problem, but which one lines up with what the game is suppose to look like when it's all said and done?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×