Game-Labs Forum

Steam Account Hacked and Hijacked - Need help please

PaladinFX

@admin

My Steam Account(CoachTrack) for my Naval Action character paladin1998 has been hacked and hijacked. The hacker has changed the email recovery address so I cannot recover the account. Naval Action was the only game on that account.

I have sent two emails to Valve Corp asking for help and have had no response.

Are you guys able to help me recover my paladin1998 Naval Action character?

Are you able to associate paladin1998 to a new Steam Account (I have set one up... PaladinNZ) if i can give you details about the paladin1998 NA character proving I am the owner?

Thank you.

Edited by PaladinFX

Steam support indeed, this shouldn't be a problem thought if you always connect from one or a handful of ip adresses and they see a new one in addition to the email address change so i would be confident that they will fix it sooner or later even if it might not be instantaneous and you might naturally stress in the meantime.

More importantly were you using the same login details in other places? Is there any chance that anything else, including your main email account, has been compromised?

Do you have any idea how your steam might have been hacked?

If you aren't already i highly recommend to use a password manager to have a unique complex password for every website, 2 factor authentication, and having separate emails for different purposes. You can also subscribe to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to be alerted when one of your emails is compromised in a major public breach.

Asking to link a new steam account to a game account should not be possible as proofs are easy to fabricate or obtain with some social engineering. And with steam i don't even think it's possible for the game devs.

If steam really takes too long you can drop a word on their social media it might help expedite it.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard