Game-Labs Forum

Employes pretending to be players

RaimundoJoe

Question

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, RaimundoJoe said:

Do we have, ingame, GameLabs employees pretending to be players?  What exacly its their purpouse?

I strongly belive that we have!

Well........ i hope they do.

otherwise it's a very  strange world don't you think...

@admin was (or is) suspected by some people to be prussian (ex) moderator "Hende Hoh"

@Ink "plays" as "Ink" in "TEST" clan in Spain.

But I'm pretty sure both are more busy "playing" the internal developer builds than the normal live version. After spending eight hours a day looking into the code of my game, testing and tewaking I probably wouldn't want to play the live version after the end of my working day :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RaimundoJoe said:

Do we have, ingame, GameLabs employees pretending to be players?  What exacly its their purpouse?

I strongly belive that we have!

I hope so. I hope they spend some time sailing many different ships and playing at different ranks and wealth levels. They need to know the player experience as the game develops.

Why does the question has "griefing" as tag lol

I think they mostly try out as new characters to see how the experience for new players is. But you never know, Im curious how often they were in PBs or PvP matches without anyone knowing^^

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

8 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Why does the question has "griefing" as tag lol

I think they mostly try out as new characters to see how the experience for new players is. But you never know, Im curious how often they were in PBs or PvP matches without anyone knowing^^

I remember on POTBS when the Fortaleza da Luz mission came out (think that was it with the ghost and such) no other clan was beating it and folks where complaining how hard it was.  Well one guy asked to join us so we can walk him through it.   He joined our clan and we ran him through the mission and finished it with no respawns.   We later found out that person was one of the Devs wanting to see how we where the only ones able to do the missions.  What he found out is every one in our clan did every mission and decked out all our chars/ships with the best gear so we would destroy other Clans in Avcom combat cause we did all the missions and got the best gear.  This helped us in that mission and well it was just simple team work and supporting each other.  So yah it's good for devs to play the game too cause they get to see what we see by playing with us.  He stayed in our clan and would test out new things or do PB's with us when he was free.