Game-Labs Forum

Mukremin's CSA Legendary Campaign

Mukremin

So i have decided to start a new fresh campaign. I recorded my games, but need to upload them on YouTube. Until then here are the screenshots of the end battles!

The Potomac Fort
4Q8zXRo.jpg

Newport News
HYClQQf.jpg

1st Bull Run
bFil4G6.jpg

Stay Alert
01vUUP2.jpg

Shiloh!!
7PXdFsV.jpg

Going towards Gaines Mill, need to fight the smaller battles first. I now have an army of 30.000 divided into 2 corps, got 2 cavalry units, 5 artillery and rest infantry. Spend points on Politics and Army Management.

Videos will be posted soon, next up is 1st Winchester

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mukremin said:

I now have an army of 30.000 divided into 2 corps, got 2 cavalry units, 5 artillery and rest infantry. Spend points on Politics and Army Management.

Interesting. I think I have pretty much about the same army set-up and total of troops, though I have lost more troops. At the present I believe I have 3 Politics and 5 Medicine.

Which, I believe, goes to show, that if you fight tactically sound battles there are different ways to skin a cat.

You're videos, BTW, are inspiring and show you have a superior knowledge of the game and very nice technique in maneuvering your troops. Unlike myself who knows what I want to do, but has more difficulty in execution. I blame it on my advanced age. :)

Looking forward to more videos.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LAVA said:

Interesting. I think I have pretty much about the same army set-up and total of troops, though I have lost more troops. At the present I believe I have 3 Politics and 5 Medicine.

Which, I believe, goes to show, that if you fight tactically sound battles there are different ways to skin a cat.

You're videos, BTW, are inspiring and show you have a superior knowledge of the game and very nice technique in maneuvering your troops. Unlike myself who knows what I want to do, but has more difficulty in execution. I blame it on my advanced age. :)

Looking forward to more videos.

Our losses are almost the same also. I invested heavy in politics and Army management at first, now i can shift to training and medicine.

What is your opinion on buying guns for points? I saw you bought the MS1841 rifles at the beginning. I have bought some snipers now, i plan to invest in Fayettes also.

Funny thing you say that, i had the same idea when watching your videos. You seem to observe the battlefield good and react to it.

Looking forward to your battles commander!

Your Stay Alert battle is probably the best battle of that scenario I have ever seen. Very well executed!

As for Reputation and buying weapons... I am constantly buying weapons. So far I have bought at least 3 types of rifles and 12 pound Parrots. My reputation is consistently so low at times I end up with a -1 morale penalty. Because of this I think, I push so hard on medicine, because it not only returns me men, but those really expensive weapons that in general I could afford.

So you are going to school me in using snipers, eh? Can't wait to see.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LAVA said:

Your Stay Alert battle is probably the best battle of that scenario I have ever seen. Very well executed!

As for Reputation and buying weapons... I am constantly buying weapons. So far I have bought at least 3 types of rifles and 12 pound Parrots. My reputation is consistently so low at times I end up with a -1 morale penalty. Because of this I think, I push so hard on medicine, because it not only returns me men, but those really expensive weapons that in general I could afford.

So you are going to school me in using snipers, eh? Can't wait to see.

Thank you sir, it really shows how important it can be to use skirmishers to corner cavalry and routed enemies. Also watching Col Kelly's videos really helped me.

Going to spend my points on guns as well then <_<
I use snipers to harass lines and disrupt communications, and most important i pick out lone artillery guns and generals :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Mukremin said:

Also watching Col Kelly's videos really helped me.

Col Kelly's videos are priceless, though they are a bit outdated due to the changes in the AI minding its flanks better... but still definitely is the Gold Standard.

Another thing I like about your videos is that you don't stop play to issue orders. There isn't any gaming AI that can stand up to a good human. Being able to respond to surprises and think in advance is, IMO, one of the hallmarks of a really good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAVA said:

Col Kelly's videos are priceless, though they are a bit outdated due to the changes in the AI minding its flanks better... but still definitely is the Gold Standard.

Another thing I like about your videos is that you don't stop play to issue orders. There isn't any gaming AI that can stand up to a good human. Being able to respond to surprises and think in advance is, IMO, one of the hallmarks of a really good player.

i like to let the game flow, i sometimes use it though. In my next video Shiloh, you will see i use it one or twice because of the big map and multiple skirmishes all over the place.

Here comes Shiloh!

• Like 1

Well done!

A whole division routing into your rear is a real pain. You handed it well.

Notice at time 26:00... you have been pushing them hard and they are falling back to the top right corner. You then move up the right side and push them away from the corner. It is really splitting of hairs here, but if you had slid your whole line to the left and upwards you would have trapped them in the corner and the finally whip out would have come quicker.

But hey, you are consistently kicking my butt by winning battles with fewer casualties, so... what do I know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAVA said:

Well done!

A whole division routing into your rear is a real pain. You handed it well.

Notice at time 26:00... you have been pushing them hard and they are falling back to the top right corner. You then move up the right side and push them away from the corner. It is really splitting of hairs here, but if you had slid your whole line to the left and upwards you would have trapped them in the corner and the finally whip out would have come quicker.

But hey, you are consistently kicking my butt by winning battles with fewer casualties, so... what do I know.

haha yeah, that was a mistake. Because of that i had to drag my army along the whole front and battle went on and on. Tbh i expected more casualties because some of my brigades really took a beating.

Now on to the battle of Cross Keys, i really hate this battle because whatever i do i never get a good result.

Well done!

Capturing their supplies with your General was both ballsy and hilarious!

I finished my game this evening too. Losses about the same, but you killed a bunch of guns where I didn't. I played the game really safe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LAVA said:

Well done!

Capturing their supplies with your General was both ballsy and hilarious!

I finished my game this evening too. Losses about the same, but you killed a bunch of guns where I didn't. I played the game really safe.

Lol yeah, i always use my General if the situation allows me to :D
Will watch your video when uploaded mate, curious how you played the battle.
Now on to Gaines Mill!

15 minutes ago, LAVA said:

Well done, mate!

It's a really difficult battle and heavy losses... just the way it goes at Malvern Hill.

yeah cant seem to get a better result than this :) next battle is also similar with your result too.
Cedar Mountain:

Nicely fought!

You know you have them in the palm of your hands when you surround them in open terrain. Sometimes that means you have to "push" them a bit in the right direction but you definitely don't want to have them retreat into a forested area where they will tear you apart trying to polish them off.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LAVA said:

Nicely fought!

You know you have them in the palm of your hands when you surround them in open terrain. Sometimes that means you have to "push" them a bit in the right direction but you definitely don't want to have them retreat into a forested area where they will tear you apart trying to polish them off.

i was afraid i would get more casualties, but it was not a good idea to sit idle there for the majority of the battle.

Need to reorganize the army, will definitely hold my ground at 2nd Bull Run and not risk my army.

Good luck with the depot and Bull Run (2)

• Like 1