Game-Labs Forum

Duel/Small Battles

Aster

On 9/24/2018 at 3:03 PM, staun said:

Didn't get the fight we expected. And after the hole swedish coastguard was waiting.

We also got one of the L’Oceans. Just don’t have that screnshot.

svensker.png

2:34 You shooting your teammate, someone bring a Tribunal in here 😂

4 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

2:34 You shooting your teammate, someone bring a Tribunal in here 😂

Well actually it was him that put his ship betwen my cannon balls and the enemy ship, so he is the one that should be on tribunal for blocking.😋

• Like 1

I have lately recorded some videos and put them up. To be famous, dont think it is gonna happend. Normaly I just take the best part and cut it out and make a 2 min movie for the FB group. So why the change. As proberly known, I am the biggest carebear in the game, an avarage captain at best. 

The reason is simply enough. We all know those top PvP players that spin you around, so you don't know north from south. That attack 4 players kill them all and sail away without a scratch. I just made them to show that even carebear can have fun, and imo PvP is more fun than kill an AI. I am not saying to go out an attack those top players and get killed, just so they can have fun. When @DreamMaker comes to CS in his Belona ore Buchentaure. I don't go out to fight him alone. I would just loose all mast in 5 min. He knows we just wait to get a group and gank him. He knows and don't complaint about it. No there is plenty of fun fight for us to and as long ships are cheap enough, lets be honnest they are not that hard to replace.

A smal duel,lots of fun.

Me against a top player. 

So in short go enjoy the fights. Thats hopefully why we play.

Edited by staun

We had a small skirmish yesterday at the Dutch. When we sailed down there, we realized that the russians was flipping a port. We made very sure not to have an effect on the port flipping, since neither the Dutch ore Russians are consideret friendly, but niether hostile at the moment. When the port was flipped, we saw a battle with 14 dutch against 4 russians. We wanted to join the russian side. Would be no fun in going dutch. But on the way there we got attacked by a small dutch fleet. We tryed to make the best out of the fight. But teak teak Bellonas are not a match for 1 rates.  So we used a well known tactic to maybe get one of them in a bad position, so we could kill it. But they stayed close together and we couldn't finde a opening. At the end of the battle they accused us of kiting for the purpose of kiting. I put the video up so they hear here oure conversation, witch in my opinion clearly showns, we tryed to find a way and just not just tryed to keep them in the battle.

dutch4.jpg

Leogane 5/4th rate (Hispaniola) Patrol Zone:

Pre-Fight: a couple of us had absolutely no repairs ready for the patrol zone and the ZRO clan with Ticonderoga were already in a battle against the BABO clan before this one. the BABO clan was able to pull through and beat them while I rushed around to get some repairs for myself and a few others. We were able to meet up and re-group and headed out to find more folks to fight, and if not - kill some AI for the free pvp marks.

On a Side-note - Before we grouped up together I was "caught" by a denmark player:

Screenshot_58.png

Didn't seem to go well for him and when I boarded the player they complained about it and asked that I do not board so they can farm some more damage. Well "Nuts" is my response when it comes to that, sorry bro - if you want to damage farm, farm AI. Nonetheless was able to finish them off and head out for the meet-up.

We got all sorted and were able to re-engage the BABO pirate clan and the battle screen was as follows:

Screenshot_59.png

Was a good fight and the BABO clan are competent players as far as I'm concerned. We assumed they had Pood guns on their aggies, but further inspection told us they were pen modded. Maybe they can confirm or deny up to them. It was a nice brawl throughout the battle and nothing much to add apart from a few of us getting our PvP legs back into play. Nearing the end of the battle Latron had gotten boarded by Natury, I was unable to interfere with the boarding but after it, Natury and I played a ballet together as we both slowly reversed course. I ended up being very greedy as Natury was sinking and went to put crew on Latron's Pickle to retrieve back and instead ended up taking it over. Natury was able to prance on this and subsequently boarded my now AI owned aggie. DrAnK was able to get into position to board Natury once he took over my Aggie and the battle pretty much ended there. Sweden was able to retrieve all stolen ships and get back to port relatively unscathed, except for my noob blunder 😂.

It has been a really nice surprise to go into the 4th rate limited patrols since lineships can't interfere. Similar to the Nassau Patrol, it's really fun to get in a battle and even if you lose a ship, it's not hard to replace and go again. definitely hope to see more people partake in the 5/4th rate patrols in the future, I know we'll be there again.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Teutonic said:

We assumed they had Pood guns on their aggies

No Poods :D we are too broke to buy them (and my owns are all under water already). Long canons, carros on top and back. I've built Cag/Sab Aggys for me and Natury and we had a Bow Figure (Rattle or Lion, dunno) and some basic mods.

Was 2 nice fights gg o7

Edited by Roronoa Sensei
  • Like 2

A fun Weekend with some activity and me trying to lose a ship while still getting a fight or 2. In both of these fights I used a Belle Poule with a 24/32 Carro setup and longs in the stern.

1st Battle -

10.05.18_Brits_vs_Teut.png

Joined a battle near Port Morant and found this Surprise. I noticed his rank and felt a little bad but his Indefat friend joined up before the battle started and we started the battle. I aimed for chaining the surprise initially and since the Bell Poule has no chasers I had to rely on the enemy wanting to truly stay and fight. Hulio joined shortly after and decided to join in. as the Indefat got close I signalled to Hulio that I would distract it while he deals with the Surprise and the basic cutter swarm. It was touch an go with the Indefat as this gifted belle poule wasn't as tanky as I would like, nonetheless I was able to be slightly more maneuverable. with the Surprise captured and sunk, a Diana showed up - with the Indefat able to our-run me, I decided it was time to leave. Diana left since it was too far away from any fighting and this pretty much ended the battle.

2nd Battle -

10.05.18_1v1_Teut_vs_Brit.png

Still near Port Morant the Diana from the other fight decide to engage me (Requin showed up 2 minutes before the end of the fight), and not wanting to run I liked this opportunity. With a Diana having a better broadside I was worried abut the outcome here. This was a really nice battle, lots of maneuvers to each outwit the other. I salute to Capt Edward Low for a fine battle o7.

As far as I remember he initially went for my masts and I went for his hull. It seems Edward decided to switch to chain and hull after a while possibly due to me making it difficult to demast me. We both had periods of time where our sails were under 65% and masts nearing breaking point. We also both had times where our Hull was below 50% as well. Some very clutch repairs from both of us prolonged the battle a bit but ultimately I believe I was able to make 1 or 2 key "double broadsides" (the term I use for using both cannon sides to hit 1 side of an enemy) into one of his sides to bring it below 10% hull and start chewing into structure. Because of this his ship slowed down and was unable to peel off from the engagement. His buddy showed up around this time as I shot the last needed broadside into his ship and we both said our GGs.

I fell in love with the Belle Poule, but you really need your enemy to want to fight you :). I hope Edward is somewhere out there as I would love to have an engagement again, until next time o7.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Batch of battles from the past 2.5 Weeks of varying size, but mostly small gang. Battles around KPR, Nassau Patrol and some 1v1s.  All enjoyable:

Fun Battle against Frederick. Played exceptionally well, GFs were had.

10.06.18_BORK_vs_Dutch.png

After not having much success around Mortimer, Found a lone pirate and was able to snag him. Belle Poule is OP, was able to stay under his guns rendering his 42pd Carro deck ineffective.

10.10.18_1v1_Teut_vs_Pirate.png

Gregor August took the chance to fight a 2v1 and was a good sport about it. Would love to fight him again when he brings some friends :)

10.12.18_BORK_v_Brit.png

Got Louis Garnerey low, but overall a 3v1 against players who know how to sail together is difficult, so spelled the end of the Purple Belle that was kindly given to me from a fellow swede.

10.12.18_WO_vs_Teut.png

-----------------------------------

The following Battles were a Series of Nassau Patrol Battles:

1. Example of the limiting factor of Hercs and their high BR against the 1,000 BR limit in nassau battles and the ability to outgun and outnumber Hercules when you have the numbers. Although...Basic Cutters 😒

10.13.18_US.SWE_vs_Rats.png

2. The battle against the US after the one above. We almost lost Monica, but he was able to steer clear of incoming danger. I honestly still disagree with the ability for basic cutters to enter into patrol zone battles, the "Tier 'Bronze' 6th rates" (Brig, Snow, Mercury) are super cheap to craft and a lot more enjoyable to fight with and against.

10.13.18_US_vs_BORK.png

3.By the time we joined this battle, the pirate was down to 20% structure already

10.13.18_5X_vs_BORK.png

-----------------------------------------

I went into Pirate waters during the EU timezone and got in a battle against Jon Silver. The Battle was largely a stalemate in jon's favor (as I firmly believe the Aggie has the advantage against a Connie) and so I left the battle only to be chased by his friends. After a lot of chasing and some AI tags to stay clear of them I ended up getting intercepted by Brits. The brits were aiming to engage me until they saw the Pirate fleet chasing behind me. As per the "Unwritten rule" we decided to team up against the pirates. After this battle I was promptly tagged by the Brits (who I now knew as SOL) and i surrendered my ship since I had to leave for some IRL stuff.

10.14.18_Teut.SOL_vs_WTF.png

We decided to Squad up and go find some trouble in British waters around the KPR Capital. To my surprise there is actually a much larger British playerbase active in the US timezone, although it seems that after talking to them they don't leave the reinforcement zone much at all. Nonetheless, an interesting surprise which led to me making some command mistakes for the group. We'll be back next time o7.

10.20.18_BORK_vs_Brits.png

And lastly, a 1v1 against scaywave. Scaywave informed me that he didn't have much experience in the LGV refit but engaged anyways for a nice 1v1. I am not sure on his point of view, but for me - the battle felt to be in my favor in both effective broadsides and holding the wind over him.

10.23.18_1v1_BORK_vs_DNP.png

And this concludes the lengthy update. Hope to see more small fights in the future and more people on the Patrol Zones. BORK enjoys Patrol Zone action.

Edited by Teutonic

• 2 weeks later...

First off, a nice Nassau battle shattering some Hercules dreams...

28419B0AB46578AC8742A11A07C03559D28945C3

And today, i had a great duel vs Ram Dinark which lasted about an hour:

74A99FEE5F5E86138E7926196EE6076CC5DE04B8

A real duelist values an defeated opponent higher than some ugly dubloons >:) R.I.P. this beauty though...

57CC1F842B7F204EC9B3B2736B8C1FB98B60A094

GG!

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...