Game-Labs Forum

Duel/Small Battles

Aster

As the great battle results thread has become a bit clogged with posts that may not be befitting of it. I would like to make a thread for smaller battles that may still be worth a mention. Please try to leave some information on the battle without trolling to much.

• Like 1

A56505440E2CBD67256B141DF390D8550DE6BA4EEF4AE205CD2A001C6EB15B513C2D39F2CA9CB842

Was a long hard fought battle with the defender perk. Thankfully my opponent only brought one round of rum so after more then a hour of fighting I was able to finally work his crew down enough to pull into boarding.

A few of mine in the past Month:

1. Was lucky to find a 1v1 with another Wapen, Endy came in shortly after but did not assist the wapen as well as it probably could have (kept his distance). after being able to focus one side and sink the wapen, the Endymion promptly left the battle. if the Endy player was more confident in engaging, it probably would have been a different outcome.

Teut_vs_Prussia_2018-05-16_15.03.46.png

2. Entered a battle, but left shortly after due to the opponent being in a ship I could not engage. Pirates were able to get me in a battle and I decided to meet them head on. was enjoyable and after sinking gave a proper salute to those involved.

TeutvPirates_2018-05-30_19.56.01.png

3. Went searching for some Brits around KPR. Was able to engage these two players outside the safe zone. Focused on Woodpecker while Grayham kept raking me and causing a lot of crew damage. I was able to prolong the battle and get a 2nd rum repair as well as a couple repair actions to then fight Grayhamm. we maneuvered for a few minutes to try and get the wind from each other until I was able to batter away Grayhamm's men and sails for a surrender. After the battle Grayhamm messaged me and we had a nice lengthy conversation of feedback and discussion on what wood, mods, and books we all had and how to improve on the next battle.

TeutvsBrits_2018-06-19_00.05.42.png

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

He was down to structure and just ragequit, I believe he started giving away all his stuff on Global afterwards. I did plead with him to calm down but needless to say, he was a bit upset.

Yes the Spanish do seem to suffer from a sense of humour deficit from time to time.

28 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

I say sir there seems to be some salt in your chat.

I had the same conversation last night with Mr Blazing Orange.  He jumped me and my buddy (me in Herc, buddy in L'Hermoine) with his hunting Endy.  He killed my buddy easily with me out of range, but when I got there with my Herc I was able to outmaneuver him and kill him.  He started whining about pay to win DLC.  Mind, he had no problem with killing me in my LVG the day before.  This guy was on the PVP leader board with 50pts (probably seal clubbing) and got nasty because he got beat by a better ship (or was it the Captain??), but he's okay with wiping out traders in his buffed Endy.  Thanks for the Copper Plating mate and see you next time!

8 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A lot of these people could easily win with a bit of an imagination. The Herc isn't P2W, it's a good all rounder. Boarding takes care of it quickly.

It's a big Snow...Spins like a top...You can put 3 broadsides into a guy (and chasers) in the time it takes him to fire one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

This was a nice little fight that I got @King of Crowns to agree to after getting revenge ganked on our way from getting ganged up on by four nations... :P But this isn't the place for that, just for a 1v1 duel in L'Oceans:

6776F2C94A978E0B1272D6DDAC536448C82A2317

I'm not sure what build Crowns was but I was in a capped T/WO that I took off the Swedish from way back, with a pretty standard setup of mixed dps/repair.  Not my usual but I was prepared for a large fleet battle not a duel. And I'll add.. I hate first rates. But thanks to the French for accommodating, was a good fight and they revenge stomped me 4 v 1 right after this but not without a couple black eyes. :P 

Why do you upload an image of you beating someone that has never been in a competitive battle? I would be more surprised if he won ;) Nice battle!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

While paroling Guatemala, I stumbled upon this lone USS Constitution. the Requins 2pd cannons changed the battle, destroying crew and cannons. After 45 minutes into the engagement started to focus hull, nimbly darting in for a shot before the constitution could bring its guns to bare.  edging over an hour into battle, the Constitution had run out of repairs and was doomed to davey jone's locker.

(ps requin OP please make it a 5th rate again)

4BFADD666A449D287456A91EA7DCEFED6D8DCBE6

I think it was good experience for him and hopefully he was able to learn something from this. Yes U.S. is down there. Calling it hiding is a bit silly though I think since our flag is right on the damn map saying "US HERE." The build he was in was definitely not meant for solo battles and definitely not against ships faster and more nimble than itself unless with support. Hopefully he understands this. I haven't heard from him since I finally decided to sit my ass down and watch Equalizer. It was okay. Felt a bit rushed at points and a few other parts that were unneeded. Anyways. Will talk to him tomorrow and see what he has learned.

I do agree that the requin is quite powerful. It is very hard to hit since it is the most elusive ship to get a great broadside upon, especially in an experienced players hands such as yourself. Even if you do get a broadside to broadside shot on a requin you have to hope that you can even hit its very low profile without majority of your shots going into the water. It is a ship who speed, quick turning, and low profile make it such a difficult ship to face. This is not even taking into consideration the common boarding build it has which can take on any fifth and most 4th rates with little effort. 

Also no need to kick a player who has been only playing for around a month down. The guy fought you and loss. He is bummed enough about that. No need to try to attempt draw a verbal fight with the man and troll. Leave that to the forums. I do appreciate though you did not call him any names. With that you have my gratitude. Happy Hunting.

Edited by Davos Seaworth
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

That chat log does not show the parts where he was telling me I couldn't turn him to board (which was true he did well) and the other were I should give up and he would Outlast me. It was all in good fun hopefully no hard feelings. o7

Thank you for your honesty. Yes I was not able to visually see the full conversation and asked him personally if you were verbally mocking or insulting him like I have witnessed some veterans do mainly because when I started to talk to him about it he seemed down trotted. He stated it felt you were attempting to start a verbal argument with him. Granted he was already flustered and without hearing a persons tone context can be misinterpruted. I will talk to him this evening about it. Thank you again.