Game-Labs Forum

End game idea

We produce horses, soldiers, cannons, etc, armies for land battles in Naval Action.

We do port battles and we land troops to capture ports.

We can move troops by land and have land battles also between ports. Map could be divided in "areas" on land as well. You can populate cities that are not coastal.

To actually fight land battles you need Ultimate General.

I don't know if UG has client-server architecture but if it has this should not be a huge thing. Sure takes time to implement but would not be that big thing at all.

If UG does not have client-server that team has to simply implement it, this is probably the biggest task. Also needs GUI to DB to display battles, armies, etc. info that is needed to manage UG side and get start a battle. Maybe show a map but not mandatory.

Adding production/Training building & resource/material/groups to NA should not be a lot of work.

They need a shared DB for resources, in NA players place resources in and in UG side they use those to build armies. Share NA clan rosters. Share info from incoming battles.

NA needs updated map with regions and GUI to display states army logos on the map, maybe later info as well. Has to also add those cities and town that are not coastal.

There would be work but most NA players would buy UG after this and most UG players would by NA. Could be well worth the time invested.

I assume you guys are not software developers.

Naval Action has almost all features for a game like this. The question is how much work Ultimate General would need. I don't have UG so hard to say.

They have to mainly do GUIs to DB and update map.

NA does not have good enough end game so they anyway have to work on it.

9 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I assume you guys are not software developers.

Your assumption is wrong :)

A change you suggest is impossible to implement well in NA, given GL constraints :)

Is enough if goals that are (hopefully) defined would be met. It's a suicide to add new ones now.

2 minutes ago, vazco said:

Your assumption is wrong :)

A change you suggest is impossible to implement well in NA, given GL constraints :)

Is enough if goals that are (hopefully) defined would be met. It's a suicide to add new ones now.

Maybe junior software developers.

It would be a suicide to release with the current end game. They have to think it through and implement also content outside green zones.

NA has already almost all features for a game like this. They have to make a map that shows regions, which could be eventually shared with UG.

NA has warehouses, production buildings, crafting. UG needs GUI to the same DB to see the same stuff.

NA is in a good shape for this kind of game. The question is how much work UG needs.

It is not rocket science.

Now that I think, if they want to make it extremely simple NA has to share warehouses with UG. This means basically to give access for UG to NA DB.

There may have to be new production buildings, if old resources and materials are not good enough for UG.

Armies have to be in the DB and loadable to ships like any other resource.

Map can be shared or no view to regions for NA. Shared map would be there to give better immersion and connection for players between the games.

NA end game would be super charged after this. So back to the question, how much work UG would need?

25 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Maybe junior software developers

Sure, whatever you think.... :) 

25 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

NA has already almost all features for a game like this. (...) The question is how much work UG needs.

It always amazes me when people make such assumptions. For some reason though noone has ideas for breeding Griffins. After all, we have lions and eagles. How hard it can be to combine them into a nice Griffin?

latest?cb=20170805131034&path-prefix=pl

Zoos around the world would kill for such a creature!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vazco said:

It always amazes me when people make such assumptions. For some reason though noone has ideas for breeding Griffins. After all, we have lions and eagles. How hard it can be to combine them into a nice Griffin?

Oh, I love trolling when everyone understands to take it as humor and don't hate or ban me.

You know Vazco...

Have you noticed that when you are good at something everything seems to be easy? When you are bad at something everything is like lions having sex with eagles to breed Griffins?

4 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Have you noticed that when you are good at something everything seems to be easy

Can you tell me what are you good at then? I'm curious :)

Edited by vazco

On 6/29/2018 at 12:06 PM, beagleplease said:

It's a bad idea bud.   I would play any number of other games if that's what I wanted... 

Most people playing this game want wait for it.... Naval action. 

UG is a very good standalone title based on steam reviews. UG would be MMO game, don't see why it would not be positive.

Why NA would be bad standalone title after this?

NA has a huge map, even with 2000 players it is far from full.

Lets make an example.  UG land battles on continent would make gulf of Mexico far more interesting? You think that would benefit NA players?