Game-Labs Forum
Hans the Hawk

Belize, a trap in OW, but not in battle

Hi,

Does anyone think Belize harbour defenses needs a rethink the way things are atm? The fort that guards the entrance is useless in battle if the enemy forces can just sail north through the shallows to escape. The martello tower north is pretty much useless, and the square fort on the north side further up doesnt have the range to stop ships escaping north through shallows and then east through more shallows.

Enemy players seem to enjoy the ability to trap Brits in our own harbour for tagging, and then escape if they need via the north.    Yes, yes I know reinforcements etc etc... (useless as they run aground pretty quick)

Maybe other nation capitals have the same problem.

17 minutes ago, Hans the Hawk said:

Hi,

Does anyone think Belize harbour defenses needs a rethink the way things are atm? The fort that guards the entrance is useless in battle if the enemy forces can just sail north through the shallows to escape. The martello tower north is pretty much useless, and the square fort on the north side further up doesnt have the range to stop ships escaping north through shallows and then east through more shallows.

Enemy players seem to enjoy the ability to trap Brits in our own harbour for tagging, and then escape if they need via the north.    Yes, yes I know reinforcements etc etc... (useless as they run aground pretty quick)

omg

next time join better 😂

@admin

Please build a Wall around belize.  

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 2

This is sadistic. If I was a brit I would assemble a fleet of newbies and carebears and sacrifice them to PVPers as a way of appeasement to the NA gods in hopes that the game dies and all our souls are released from this curse.

• Like 1

Let's see.... Belize reinforcement area is already a nice trap for attackers and you even complain about forts and towers positions. You almost don't sail out of reinforcement area.....yeah, let's build a wall so the brits can farm AIs all day long.

You can join battles whenever and wherever you want, you have reinforcements, the forts and towers.

You should try sailing out of reinforcement area...there is life outside.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

You should try sailing out of reinforcement area...there is life outside.

Problem is at most times you cannot sail out of the area unless you have a big force. Last night the Southern entrance was being camped by 7 1st and 2nd rates and the Brits could not muster enough large ships to counter that so most people went elsewhere to do other things. There were a few small skirmishes but no big battle, when you turn up with such a force at a low population time, then it means all you are there for is to farm PvP marks by jumping into peoples AI battles.

You cannot blockade people in the zone and then complain that people will not leave the zone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hans the Hawk said:

Hi,

CT for the US has a section that is Shallow in the OW and you can sail through it in battle with any ship.  I know @Banished Privateer I think even escape one time through this when being chased by a ton of US players while in a Bellona?  What we do need is actual shallows in Battles so certain ships can use them and others can't and would just run aground and get stuck.

• Like 3