Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

I purchased this DLC. For helping development.

But as I think that the general characteristics of this thing brakes completely the game balance, I decided:

- Not to use it

- Immediate surrend in case of fight with this stupiity (why should I give fun to thi kind of users).

This ship is Breaking Economy, Breaking PvP and Breaking all other ships in game. In PvP, it can't be joined when running. No ship can run from her stupid sailing characteristics, may be the Lynx only (but what against 362 crew and 9lbs longs / 32 lbs carros in a Lunx: Nothing).

The game will be soon reduced to a single ship: her Stupidity the Xebec.

Edited by Eleazar de Damas

On 7/7/2018 at 5:41 PM, Ruby Rose said:

now before u say it could have chasers i'll give u this to go over a perfect replica of this xebec the specific La Requin 1750-1751
http://modelisme.arsenal.free.fr/artdumodelisme/Le Requin/index.html

http://modelisme.arsenal.free.fr/artdumodelisme/fichelerequin.html
if u still believe this had chasers ur going to have to prove it ever had it between 1750 and 1751 on La Requin

I think the argument with her bow chasers is not really valid.

Who says that all ships in game are or have to be 100% historically accurate? 

e.g. the Essex in game is lacking bow chasers even though the original ship was carrying longs on her forecastle.

This ship was, in real life, unable to sustain bad weather and long travels. Barbarians used them only for coastal purposes. In naval action, it should be limited to a few days at sea.

Bad weather should strongly impact speed and turn rate.  High level above water of bow and stern should give a tremendous drift to a such light ship, because water resistance on underwater hull is tiny.

When the US made the blockade of Tripoli in  1803, no xebec went out. They would have no chance to win, they could capture USS Philadelphia only because she was aground on a reef.

In naval-action, a Constitution would lose vs a xebec. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, vazco said:

The fact that this ship is free and posesses some unique characteristics makes it a perfect troll ship. It's very fast up wind and down wind, can have approx. 400 crew as a 6th rate and has fairly good guns. It's sails can be easily hidden from chains.

As a result it starts to appear in every battle as a chasing ship which is hard to get rid of. It's also a ship used to hunt players in protected zones, because whatever - you'll loose a ship and get another one. Zones loose their meaning.

It's like in poker - playing without money destroys the game. Here however it's an even stronger problem - only some players play with money, some don't.

Overall this ship is a problem, so is a free Herc. I think they need a few changes:

• it's sailing characteristics should be modified. Currently on 60% sails it's faster in teak/wo configuration than eg. teak/fir Endymion with 100% sails (both going against the wind with pirate rig)
  • it's crew should be adjusted to some reasonable level
  • premium ships should be a bit harder to replace, to give their owners a reason to not to sink one anytime they feel like it. Eg one of the above:
    • use longer redeem cooldown (eg. 2 weeks?)
    • still require a player to pay some small amount of PvP marks (eg. 3) for redeeming it
    • allow for other players to get the ship in-game, however at a significant cost (eg. after an epic event)

@admin

^^^^^^^^^^No to this^^^^^^^

I agree no PBs for DLC ships!

Make the PB fleets fight their way thru fleets of screeners using DLC ships!! 

^^^^^^^^MORE FUN!!!!^^^^^^^^😀😀😀

No nerf!!!!

No change in redemption policy!!!!

Keep non tradeable!

Keep non captureable!!!!

Minor tweaks & adjustments are ok but both these ships (Hercules & Le Requin) are pretty right where they should be now in my opinion. No nerf bat to suit the over entitled elite class in this game.

People have paid for these DLCs and those that don't like them want them nerfed. More crying cause the game don't fit with their idea of what it should be.

This game is for everyone to enjoy at whatever level they like.

Stop whinging and whinning at every ship that you find hard to beat or every rule you dont like and get better at the game.

2 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

People have paid for these DLCs and those that don't like them want them nerfed. More crying cause the game don't fit with their idea of what it should be.

Dlc ships are objectively OP, stay mad 

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Dlc ships are objectively OP, stay mad 

What DLC in what game is not a bit OP?

This is why they sell.

All the historical arguments are BS.

Most of you on here whinging, happily stern camp much larger ships in snows etc that in real life would have never happened.

People boast of taking down a first rate with 6th rates....

Realistic??? Only if it suits you.

2 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

most games don't have OP weapons added. Sometimes there might be a balance issue but nothing like in game atm. I don't understand what takes the devs so long to patch either. Its a hotfix right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

This is why they sell.

All the historical arguments are BS.

Most of you on here whinging, happily stern camp much larger ships in snows etc that in real life would have never happened.

People boast of taking down a first rate with 6th rates....

Realistic??? Only if it suits you.

anything cosmetic, or vanity. Historical argument out the window, these ships have overtaken NA in the short period of time they've been introduced and it's not the first time, we saw the exact same thing with the Wasa which literally took months to fix.

• Like 1

For the hysterical historical whinners.

Just Google the xebec.

"Sea-going Mediterranean peoples greatly favoured xebecs as corsairs. The corsairs built their xebecs with a narrow floor to achieve a higher speed than their victims, but with a considerable beam in order to enable them to carry an extensive sail-plan. The lateen rig of the xebec allowed the ship to sail close hauled to the wind, something that often give it an advantage in pursuit or escape. The use of oars or sweeps allowed the xebec to approach vessels who were becalmed. When used as corsairs, the xebecs carried a crew of 300 to 400 men and mounted perhaps 16 to 40 guns according to size. In peacetime operations, the xebec could transport merchandise."

And here's a tip.

1. Use your telescope. If the xebec has Carros sit off it and tear it apart.

2. Stay downwind of xebec.

3. Use your "historical" stern camper to historically stern camp it. " snow etc"

4. Fire at the very exposed rudder.

6. Sail with upwind taggers.

7. Don't get close to xebec. 

8. Plan your sailing to fight downwind of xebec.

9. Use new tactics if how you have always won does not work.

10. Don't expect your 'favourite' ship to be able to beat everything.

11. To summarise. Stay downwind. Don't get boarded or pushed around into wind. Use manual sailing to keep your board speed above 4 knots. Use your telescope. If losing run downwind.

12. If he's board modded he can't shoot for shit.

13. Hopes this helps you all with the terrible xebec bullies. Xebecs are only as good as those they fight against.

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 2

The Requin is a good ship but very different to others and needs a different way of fighting it.

I was beaten the first time I met one in my snow but have never lost since (2 more fights) one was a win one was a disengage. They turn like bath tubs and that rudder is so easy to hit just keep your distance its a fencing match not a fist fight.

I would like to see more specialized DLC ships like the requin and herc, mabye a fast blockade runner which can dock at any port ???

Keep up the good work devs, heading the right way.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2018 at 10:03 AM, GhastlyGhost said:

Its normal for all games that Devs nerf things that are OP. Look at the WoT or WoWs.

Requin at this moment is broken and need nerf.

New player here. I am regular wows player and before a veteran wotb player so i understand very well how WG works.

WG never, never , never  nerfs a premium. That doens't exists. They can sometimes buff a premium if needed. They can only nerf ships in the tech tree.

What WG haves is a public server for CC to test the ships before they are release. The theory is CC will say what it needs to get fix and they will collect data from the testings to release a balance ship to the public. What WG really does is to create a hype before and then release them completely broken sometimes to create a boost on sales. 

Now don't forget GL needs to have a source of profits to make the company work. I don't see here no premium ammo or premium time so the only source of income after you bought the game is going to be premium ships. 

The strange part is that the Requin doesn't have any oars. And is OP.  Oh well i am still new here. 

Sorry for my poor english.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, no one said:

New player here. I am regular wows player and before a veteran wotb player so i understand very well how WG works.

WG never, never , never  nerfs a premium. That doens't exists. They can sometimes buff a premium if needed. They can only nerf ships in the tech tree.

What WG haves is a public server for CC to test the ships before they are release. The theory is CC will say what it needs to get fix and they will collect data from the testings to release a balance ship to the public. What WG really does is to create a hype before and then release them completely broken sometimes to create a boost on sales. 

Now don't forget GL needs to have a source of profits to make the company work. I don't see here no premium ammo or premium time so the only source of income after you bought the game is going to be premium ships. 

The strange part is that the Requin doesn't have any oars. And is OP.  Oh well i am still new here. 

Sorry for my poor english.

nice said eh requin problem its not the ship itself being op its just certain mod can make it into sea jesus and thats becouse of requins unique sail design. I had too abort persuits of traders becouse i could not keep up despite my ship could do 15,5kn at angles no square rigged ship could keep up

On 7/13/2018 at 7:50 AM, Flash Jack said:

And here's a tip.

1. Use your telescope. If the xebec has Carros sit off it and tear it apart.

2. Stay downwind of xebec.

3. Use your "historical" stern camper to historically stern camp it. " snow etc"

4. Fire at the very exposed rudder.

6. Sail with upwind taggers.

7. Don't get close to xebec. 

8. Plan your sailing to fight downwind of xebec.

9. Use new tactics if how you have always won does not work.

10. Don't expect your 'favourite' ship to be able to beat everything.

11. To summarise. Stay downwind. Don't get boarded or pushed around into wind. Use manual sailing to keep your board speed above 4 knots. Use your telescope. If losing run downwind.

12. If he's board modded he can't shoot for shit.

13. Hopes this helps you all with the terrible xebec bullies. Xebecs are only as good as those they fight against.

Lol, none of those tips would work. It's xebec who decides on distance and angle, regardless if upwind or downwind. 

The best strategy is to use it's low maneuverability against it and demast it. As such Xebecs can be countered. Hercs almost can't. 

Only when it's demasted you can kill it, otherwise it will just escape or angle. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vazco said:

Lol, none of those tips would work. It's xebec who decides on distance and angle, regardless if upwind or downwind. 

The best strategy is to use it's low maneuverability against it and demast it. As such Xebecs can be countered. Hercs almost can't. 

Only when it's demasted you can kill it, otherwise it will just escape or angle. 

Agreed. Only with demasting have I ever managed to kill it. Surprise with carros is the best square sailor to kill it imo. Demasting is very effective with surprise. 

44 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Agreed. Only with demasting have I ever managed to kill it. Surprise with carros is the best square sailor to kill it imo. Demasting is very effective with surprise. 

Endy with stern chasers also sometimes work, based on builds

1 hour ago, vazco said:

. ..

We can be glad that majority don't understand how to manual sail her and sail her at full sails :D

do I need any mods for the herc to make her turn good mine just turns Okish. :(

Edited by z4ys

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

We can be glad that majority don't understand how to manual sail her and sail her at full sails :D

do I need any mods for the herc to make her turn good mine just turns Okish. :(

Try tacking through the wind with elite pirate rig. In real life I sailed boats with similar sails maybe 50 times and you can maneuver on only sails very easily. In game some maneuvers don't work like they should. I'm mainly missing a command to "let go" the sail and doing this manually doesn't work.

PS. Herc turns fine, only Xebec has issues. 

Edited by vazco

15 minutes ago, vazco said:

PS. Herc turns fine, only Xebec has issues. 

I thought herc trunrate is to good. It's to easy to sterncamp and angle? 

"Turns like a snow"

52 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I thought herc trunrate is to good. It's to easy to sterncamp and angle? 

"Turns like a snow"

Yes, Herc turns very well. That's one of many reasons why it's op, but not the reason on its own. 

Xebec has issues with manual sailing when going sharp to the wind, at least when with elite pirate rig. That's it's main and only vulnerability in my opinion. 

Edited by vazco