Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

2 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

And I was just laughing hard when I activated the "reinforcement" button, a powerful Mercury spawns, and it is a funny and happy moment for the Le Requin and his prey !

Did test the reinforcements with some Pirate helpers yesterday and all reinforcements were navy brigs.

She should be a 5th rate, same BR as Cerberus. Hercules should be the same. 5th, BR equal to cerb.

7 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Nope, I have seen new players asking "how do I paint my ships?"

Yep, same here. Almost on a daily basis. France. Paints would sell like fresh bread.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

There is a long history of balancing premium ships (tanks, airplanes, etc) by the Wargaming franchise.  Either through scarcity, or through actual changes in the product itself to make it more fair.  I know the developers are looking at this, I know they didn't do it on purpose to "sell ships" (shame on you sir), and it was the community that allowed it to be the way it is when they failed to raise these issues during testing.

Put away the rage, torches, and pitchrforks and provide actual data, and realistic suggestions to help these two ships fit properly into the game world (thank you to those in this thread that are doing this already).

1 minute ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

I know the developers are looking at this, I know they didn't do it on purpose to "sell ships" (shame on you sir), and it was the community that allowed it to be the way it is when they failed to raise these issues during testing.

Since the game is in Alpha I assumed the entire DLC was so too. The disclaimer is there so anyone that buys DLC for an Early Access game it should be clear (or maybe developers could make it more clear) that the DLCs are subject to testing as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

it was the community that allowed it to be the way it is when they failed to raise these issues during testing.

Maybe im mistaken was there a testbed server for it like the wasa,(not like it helped the wasa on release anyway)? Or was it just added then people quickly found out how broken it was?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Yep, same here. Almost on a daily basis. France. Paints would sell like fresh bread.

Fresh Baguettes *

2 hours ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Since the game is in Alpha I assumed the entire DLC was so too. The disclaimer is there so anyone that buys DLC for an Early Access game it should be clear (or maybe developers could make it more clear) that the DLCs are subject to testing as well.

Even if not, it is the standard practice from what I've seen to balance as needed.  Should the balance go too far (I'm thinking about the Super Pershing incident with Wargaming here), the company should consider offering a refund or exchange to those that are interested.  In the case of Wargaming, that refund was in the shape of in-game gold with which the player could buy another premium item or items.  The refund doesn't necessarily have to be cash money.

Be aware I'm a player moderator and my comments in this thread in no way represent Naval Action's developers.  They're just my personal thoughts on the matter.

2 hours ago, Aster said:

Maybe im mistaken was there a testbed server for it like the wasa,(not like it helped the wasa on release anyway)? Or was it just added then people quickly found out how broken it was?

It was given to all players of the game to play with.  Everyone that logged in a certain weekend received one.  Now, the argument can certainly be made that maybe that period wasn't long enough or wasn't treated seriously as a "let's break it" test by those that sailed the ship, but everyone had the opportunity to give input.

10 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

At least make it so this ships bowsprit breaks when it full on rams people... Like every other ship. 

There are no sails on the bow. A broken bowsprit has no effect.

15 minutes ago, beagleplease said:

I think the foresail is attached to it via rope so it would i fact have an affect although I could be wrong.  

No I broke so many bowsprit on the xebec. They don't reduce sail procenatge when lost. Sails are only connected to front main mizzen by 33%each mast.

Edited by z4ys

18 hours ago, vazco said:

Is there anyone here who bought a premium ship and would be offended if it was nerfed? :)

So far people who bought them are saying they should be nerfed it seems. 

They won't be offended of course, they simply will not buy another premium ship when it's launched. And this will hinder the very purpose of premium ship DLCs, which is to get in fast money when it's needed to fund further development.

Until the self proclaimed anti P2W inquisition does not understand that this is the very point of the whole thing, they will not understand why I'm telling that launching a premium content and then nerfing it later on after the sale is a bad move for a company that intends to fund the further development of its game with DLCs.

2 hours ago, victor said:

They won't be offended of course, they simply will not buy another premium ship when it's launched.

That's only your assumption. In fact nerfing content that you bought is very common - eg. you buy an iPhone and next system update slows it down. You sign a contract with a cellphone provider, which is designed to be inattractive in 1-2 years. The sad truth is that people don't really care :)

People will buy content for various reasons, and P2W is the worst reason they can have. They will want to distinguish themselves from others, they may want to use a brief moment when the ship is not balanced just for fun of finding it's advantages and exploiting them for a while, or just to support the game.

Noone objected nerfing his ship. Noone really cares :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

No I broke so many bowsprit on the xebec. They don't reduce sail procenatge when lost. Sails are only connected to front main mizzen by 33%each mast.

I stand corrected then. 

Well on balance; I think the problem is with the sail force mod stacking rather than the ship itself,  it can't stand up to much in the way of gunnery although maybe it is a little bit too tough.. 

People will get wise to being boarded by these quickly enough and just get downwind of them and smash its masts till it runs away or over stays its welcome. 

17 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Make it not be eligible for a Pirate rig refit. Put down base speed by 1 knot. Reduce the carronades it can take to class 7. Reduce Crew to 120 base. Then people can redeem it daily and its balanced towards being a free ship.

Requin is free? dunno i payed 11€ for her so its expensive

6 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

No ingame it´s a free ship, if you had to pay 1 mil ingame everytime you redeemed it i´d be fine with it too. But the literal SPAM of these dastardly overpowered ships is just ridiculous. 

thats good for devs more money more new stuff for all players

On 6/29/2018 at 2:47 PM, vazco said:

That's only your assumption. In fact nerfing content that you bought is very common - eg. you buy an iPhone and next system update slows it down. You sign a contract with a cellphone provider, which is designed to be inattractive in 1-2 years. The sad truth is that people don't really care :)

People will buy content for various reasons, and P2W is the worst reason they can have. They will want to distinguish themselves from others, they may want to use a brief moment when the ship is not balanced just for fun of finding it's advantages and exploiting them for a while, or just to support the game.

Noone objected nerfing his ship. Noone really cares :) 

we will see how many DLCs they will sell.

BTW the example of iPhone slow system was the worst possible you could ever choose ... google it and you will find why

Edited by victor

5 hours ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

Make it not be eligible for a Pirate rig refit. Put down base speed by 1 knot. Reduce the carronades it can take to class 7. Reduce Crew to 120 base. Then people can redeem it daily and its balanced towards being a free ship.

So let me get this straight... you want people to pay 10 bucks so they can sail free ships PvP marks? I can see the restriction on pirate refit as soon as sail force multipliers are nerfed for all ships and the lower carronade calibre too... maybe even remove it from PBs but nerfing speed and crew on a pirate ship that people have to pay real cash for? Draw the line, my dude...

Also 5-6 rates are basically free... they cost so little to build that you can spam them for 4-5 slots and bonus trims easily while the DLC ships are free but restricted to 24h timers. So you will see much more normal ships with 5/5+trim than DLC ships naturally.

DLC ships need to give an advantage that i understand and am ok with, however the advantages against other ships i think overall is to large. I seem to remember Admin saying 6th rates would be looked at and perhaps buffed up somewhat which would rebalance .

I think that one of main issues (especially in shallows) are the much larger crew that they have compared to all other shallow ships, req's sailing profile is kinda OP also in my personal opinion.  However we all have option to buy them i guess, see how it all pans out.

Played last night and saw 14 enemy players , 1basic cutter, 2 hercs, and 11 req ..........  we have moved to the Med lol.

Edited by Dibbler