Game-Labs Forum
vazco

La Requin nerf needed

Just now, victor said:

can you tell me please in which faction do you play, since I'm quite online in spain lately and never seen anything similar.

PS: where they asking paint for cutters?

We have 11 nations.

It is proven that everyone wants to feel different in a game which every ship is a clone from the other one.

The demand of paints, when they were active, was high and their prices too.

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We have 11 nations.

It is proven that everyone wants to feel different in a game which every ship is a clone from the other one.

The demand of paints, when they were active, was high and their prices too.

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game (TBH I never understood why they have taken them away, but that's another story).

Ok, let's drop it. It's an idle exercise. 

BTW it would be very interesting knowing how many DLCs and games they will have actually sold at the end of steam summer sales.

Edited by victor

5 minutes ago, victor said:

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game (TBH I never understood why they have taken them away, but that's another story).

Ok, let's drop it. It's an idle exercise. 

It is the best. Your bet on paytowin is just wrong and bad for the game.

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game

Both things happened, why are they incompatible?

They took them away to change how they are going to work in the future.

Edited by Intrepido

Just now, Intrepido said:

It is the best. Your bet on paytowin is just wrong and bad for the game.

I do not have a requin or a hecules. But when I had the test ships I was sunk in them like in any other ship. So truth is that a more skilled captain sinks another captain also if the latter sails premium ships.

1 minute ago, victor said:

I do not have a requin or a hecules. But when I had the test ships I was sunk in them like in any other ship. So truth is that a more skilled captain sinks another captain also if the latter sails premium ships.

This is true. If a Le Requin is attacking your ship you need to just demast it and DONT GET BOARDED. It has weak mast.

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game

Both things happened, why are they incompatible?

They took them away to change how they are going to work in the future.

Of course they can both happen, but - please - can you then answer my question (the one I made before and that you did not answer, shifting the argument on the high demand thing)?

In which faction did you actually see newbies asking for paints?

Since in Spain i never see this happening (and I am online quite often)

Edited by victor

1 minute ago, victor said:

Of course they can both happen, but - please - can you then answer my question?

In Brits I see sometimes new players asking for what is the paint slot on ships. That's all.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

In Brits I see sometimes new players asking for what is the paint slot on ships. That's all.

Thks.

Well, maybe interpido plays in GB then. 

8 minutes ago, victor said:

Of course they can both happen, but - please - can you then answer my question (the one I made before and that you did not answer, shifting the argument on the high demand thing)?

One of 11.

They made the Requin OP so people would buy the DLC. Once it gets nerfed, i'll decide if I want to purchase the DLC 😉

7 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Make the Requin a 5th as it was and no PBs, problem solved.

How does that solve anything? People are complaining about it in OW and patrol. Nobody plays portbattles currently.

A ship which can have 340 crew, it is a 6th rate, it is shallow waters, it can hit the speed cap where others just struggle to sail forward.

This ship is a joke at best, 

I remember that splash screen while loading which says "creating new bugs", thank you developers for this newly created bug.

5 hours ago, victor said:

Nerf to death now premium ships already bought by players and you will never sell another premium ship.

Is there anyone here who bought a premium ship and would be offended if it was nerfed? :)

So far people who bought them are saying they should be nerfed it seems. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flinch said:

This is true. If a Le Requin is attacking your ship you need to just demast it and DONT GET BOARDED. It has weak mast.

This won't work, as most likely he be will be faster than you even when demasted. 

The biggest issue is it can use 6th rate mods and skills, while being more similar to 5th rate class. Another one is a superior sailing profile. 

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

A ship which can have 340 crew, it is a 6th rate, it is shallow waters, it can hit the speed cap where others just struggle to sail forward.

This ship is a joke at best, 

I remember that splash screen while loading which says "creating new bugs", thank you developers for this newly created bug.

Sounds a tad overpowered.

Perhaps should actually be a 5th rate.

Edited by Dibbler

And I was just laughing hard when I activated the "reinforcement" button, a powerful Mercury spawns, and it is a funny and happy moment for the Le Requin and his prey !

2 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

And I was just laughing hard when I activated the "reinforcement" button, a powerful Mercury spawns, and it is a funny and happy moment for the Le Requin and his prey !

Did test the reinforcements with some Pirate helpers yesterday and all reinforcements were navy brigs.

She should be a 5th rate, same BR as Cerberus. Hercules should be the same. 5th, BR equal to cerb.

Le requin is the best for ganking in the reinforcement zone as its BR is so low compared to its power.

7 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Nope, I have seen new players asking "how do I paint my ships?"

Yep, same here. Almost on a daily basis. France. Paints would sell like fresh bread.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

There is a long history of balancing premium ships (tanks, airplanes, etc) by the Wargaming franchise.  Either through scarcity, or through actual changes in the product itself to make it more fair.  I know the developers are looking at this, I know they didn't do it on purpose to "sell ships" (shame on you sir), and it was the community that allowed it to be the way it is when they failed to raise these issues during testing.

Put away the rage, torches, and pitchrforks and provide actual data, and realistic suggestions to help these two ships fit properly into the game world (thank you to those in this thread that are doing this already).

1 minute ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

I know the developers are looking at this, I know they didn't do it on purpose to "sell ships" (shame on you sir), and it was the community that allowed it to be the way it is when they failed to raise these issues during testing.

Since the game is in Alpha I assumed the entire DLC was so too. The disclaimer is there so anyone that buys DLC for an Early Access game it should be clear (or maybe developers could make it more clear) that the DLCs are subject to testing as well.

• Like 2