Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Same, mate. 👍

No, mate. It's not the same at all.

I pointed out the reasons of my position, you just say that "P2W" is wrong because it's wrong.

Look at the result of last patch in terms of players in game after the patch! it was the worst "flash post-patch increase" we have ever had. Notwithstanding the sale on the game and the DLCs, we are now back to average 400ish players after a couple of weeks

We NEED new content in order to let this game live on ... this means, since Devs stated clearly that they are short on resources, that we NEED new money in Game Labs cash to get this thing ahead

This being the status quo, would you now please TELL ME how do you think to get this money if not proposing to customers paid content that is worth the money they will pay?

Edited by victor

41 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

This patch has been mostly a cosmetic one and we only received a part of the UI (1/3) to test it and give our feedback.

The important fixes to pvp (patrols) and rvr are missing so you cant expect an influx of people just because the game has a better looking in the ow.

The game can get more money without paytowin ships.

Constantly fixing the terrible pvp mechanics arnt helping this game they need to just stop with that and work on content to keep you engaged in game then return to fix the terrible pvp mechanics. Main reason is how are the pve mechanics going to affect pvp? So we fix it now add pve and it Brakes pvp again it’s a nasty cycle and the game suffers again 

I do not think they tested the Le Requin properly to discover all the likely issues before releasing it as DLC. Giving us only a single Le Requin to test and give feedback on was not the way to get good feedback as most people were too cautious with it and were not able to test different builds and setups and the ones that did push it to its limits most probably lost it quickly and thus were not able to test anymore.

Now that it is a DLC and people can redeem daily the true issues of this vessel are being reported, but it is difficult to make changes to it without creating an uproar from people who have purchased it.

Maybe in future for getting feedback they allow people unlimited ships to test, which at the end of the test period are deleted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

The game can get more money without paytowin ships.

Can you tell me then one example of a DLC content - besides a powerful ship - that can make either

1) old players pay real money to return in game

2) new players pay real money to fund the game beyond the cost of the game itself

3) veterans pay real money to stay further in a game that is boring them

Edited by victor

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Mate, only a shortsighted guy would bet for paytowin ships as the best way to support NA.

It is very easy to understand that the ones who didnt pay, will just leave and say: this game now is paytowin. Excellent advertising to attract all those players.

And yet - while you call me shortsighted - you did not point out even one example of some "alternative" (and not P2W) DLCs.

Edited by victor

40 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Now that it is a DLC and people can redeem daily the true issues of this vessel are being reported, but it is difficult to make changes to it without creating an uproar from people who have purchased it.

Maybe in future for getting feedback they allow people unlimited ships to test, which at the end of the test period are deleted.

If someone bought the dlc ship because they knew it was more powerful than any other shallow ship and wanted it to keep it that way instead of having the developers adjust it, then they aren't here to have a healthy game. They are here to beat up those who didn't pay to win, simple.

Thankfully the Admin has said they are adjusting shallow water ships to help create a better balance once again. If there wasn't going to be a change then I would warn possible buyers that this game is P2W.

P2w games are not sustainable, nor successful. End of story.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Cosmetics.

That could work (to a certain extent) just for veterans already playing now, not for new players and even less for old players.

Is this enough to get the money for new development? I have some doubt

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

If someone bought the dlc ship because they knew it was more powerful than any other shallow ship and wanted it to keep it that way instead of having the developers adjust it, then they aren't here to have a healthy game. They are here to beat up those who didn't pay to win, simple.

Thankfully the Admin has said they are adjusting shallow water ships to help create a better balance once again. If there wasn't going to be a change then I would warn possible buyers that this game is P2W.

P2w games are not sustainable, nor succeasful. End of story.

And also "half developed games with no money" die. So ... basically ... you are right: end of the story.

Edited by victor

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

P2w games are not sustainable, nor succeasful. End of story.

I sunk twice in my herc during nassau patrol. I experienced no p2w :(

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Nope, I have seen new players asking "how do I paint my ships?"

The interest of customization is huge and it works, you can see it in mmos where 75% of the ingame store are items to personalize your avatar.

can you tell me please in which faction you play, since I'm quite online in spain lately and never saw anything similar.

PS: where they asking paint for cutters?

Edited by victor

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We have 11 nations.

It is proven that everyone wants to feel different in a game which every ship is a clone from the other one.

The demand of paints, when they were active, was high and their prices too.

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game (TBH I never understood why they have taken them away, but that's another story).

Ok, let's drop it. It's an idle exercise. 

BTW it would be very interesting knowing how many DLCs and games they will have actually sold at the end of steam summer sales.

Edited by victor

Just now, Intrepido said:

It is the best. Your bet on paytowin is just wrong and bad for the game.

I do not have a requin or a hecules. But when I had the test ships I was sunk in them like in any other ship. So truth is that a more skilled captain sinks another captain also if the latter sails premium ships.

1 minute ago, victor said:

I do not have a requin or a hecules. But when I had the test ships I was sunk in them like in any other ship. So truth is that a more skilled captain sinks another captain also if the latter sails premium ships.

This is true. If a Le Requin is attacking your ship you need to just demast it and DONT GET BOARDED. It has weak mast.

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

First you state that you "saw" newbies asking for paints lately, now you refer to the fact that paints were in high demand when they were in the game

Both things happened, why are they incompatible?

They took them away to change how they are going to work in the future.

Of course they can both happen, but - please - can you then answer my question (the one I made before and that you did not answer, shifting the argument on the high demand thing)?

In which faction did you actually see newbies asking for paints?

Since in Spain i never see this happening (and I am online quite often)

Edited by victor

1 minute ago, victor said:

Of course they can both happen, but - please - can you then answer my question?

In which faction did you actually see newbies asking for paints?

Since in Spain i never see this happening (and I am online quite often)

In Brits I see sometimes new players asking for what is the paint slot on ships. That's all.

7 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Make the Requin a 5th as it was and no PBs, problem solved.

How does that solve anything? People are complaining about it in OW and patrol. Nobody plays portbattles currently.

A ship which can have 340 crew, it is a 6th rate, it is shallow waters, it can hit the speed cap where others just struggle to sail forward.

This ship is a joke at best, 

I remember that splash screen while loading which says "creating new bugs", thank you developers for this newly created bug.

5 hours ago, victor said:

Nerf to death now premium ships already bought by players and you will never sell another premium ship.

Is there anyone here who bought a premium ship and would be offended if it was nerfed? :)

So far people who bought them are saying they should be nerfed it seems. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flinch said:

This is true. If a Le Requin is attacking your ship you need to just demast it and DONT GET BOARDED. It has weak mast.

This won't work, as most likely he be will be faster than you even when demasted. 

The biggest issue is it can use 6th rate mods and skills, while being more similar to 5th rate class. Another one is a superior sailing profile. 

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

A ship which can have 340 crew, it is a 6th rate, it is shallow waters, it can hit the speed cap where others just struggle to sail forward.

This ship is a joke at best, 

I remember that splash screen while loading which says "creating new bugs", thank you developers for this newly created bug.

Sounds a tad overpowered.

Perhaps should actually be a 5th rate.

Edited by Dibbler