Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

The fact that this ship is free and posesses some unique characteristics makes it a perfect troll ship. It's very fast up wind and down wind, can have approx. 400 crew as a 6th rate and has fairly good guns. It's sails can be easily hidden from chains.

As a result it starts to appear in every battle as a chasing ship which is hard to get rid of. It's also a ship used to hunt players in protected zones, because whatever - you'll loose a ship and get another one. Zones loose their meaning.

It's like in poker - playing without money destroys the game. Here however it's an even stronger problem - only some players play with money, some don't.

Overall this ship is a problem, so is a free Herc. I think they need a few changes:

• it's sailing characteristics should be modified. Currently on 60% sails it's faster in teak/wo configuration than eg. teak/fir Endymion with 100% sails (both going against the wind with pirate rig)
  • it's crew should be adjusted to some reasonable level
  • premium ships should be a bit harder to replace, to give their owners a reason to not to sink one anytime they feel like it. Eg one of the above:
    • use longer redeem cooldown (eg. 2 weeks?)
    • still require a player to pay some small amount of PvP marks (eg. 3) for redeeming it
    • allow for other players to get the ship in-game, however at a significant cost (eg. after an epic event)

@admin

Edited by vazco
  • Like 16

Enough testing, make the DLC a blueprint item, no more of this magic ship crap. I no longer have the patience I did when the Wasa came out and having that ship be OP for close to 2 months.

It's not only a balancing issue, It's a meta issue. You're haphazardly changing the rules of consistency having these paid, respawning ships in a game heavily based in economy, production, and the ability to weaken the enemy by way of loss. It means nothing if loss means nothing. I don't care what excuse for PVP there is, fix the damn meta.

i like the ship (because its op :P ), but i must say it isnt healthy for the game to have a ship of that size compared to other 6th rates, not to mention that it can use the 6th and 7th rate ship knowledges which makes it even more OP. It could be fixed with lower HP because by the look of the ship it should be that tanky.

27 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Just to be sure and devs understand well the issue here.

Which mods and books did the endymion have? Was it elite pirate rig refit?

Maybe you also messed up with those.

Endy teak/fir had a base speed of 13 knots already with repairs on board. On top of it it had pirate rig. Requin had 60% sails and teak/wo build, with pirate rig and by the looks of it was 1 knot faster 30 degrees to the wind

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

1. Xebec shouldn't be allowed in PBs just like Hercules.

2. I'm ok with blueprint and craftable option. You could redeem 1 permit per day as example. Still can't trade/capture etc.

This and pirate refit adjusted / nerfed should be looked at first. If this isn't enough go further. Adjust carefully.

• Like 1

Since the Le Requin is 100% jib sails you can use an elite pirate rig refit to buff it to 15.5 knots at almost any angle except downwind.

Its an insane boarding ship. With carros it has the best firepower of any 6th rate.

I love this ship. I hate that its p2w. A dlc ship should not be the absolute best of its rate.

If you nerf a ship people have paid real money for, then you could probably end up with many unhappy customers who want a refund because they don't get what they have paid for.

This just came to my mind and it's just my 2 Cents.

8 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

If you nerf a ship people have paid real money for, then you could probably end up with many unhappy customers who want a refund because they don't get what they have paid for.

This just came to my mind and it's just my 2 Cents.

Its normal for all games that Devs nerf things that are OP. Look at the WoT or WoWs.

Requin at this moment is broken and need nerf.

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 2

Some of us warned others that this was going to happen 😑.

The ships need a balance change, the hercules needs a balance change.

It's hilarious, I only see Hercs and requins now everywhere in the nassau patrol zone. And the "non-premium" ships not only are inferior to these ships, but players have to build them too... is it fun? Well seems to only be fun for the guys with the DLCs.

• Like 1

It is fun.

Its a lot less tedious than saving and spending pvp marks in the admiralty shop too.

It will also give newer players a decent fall back ship to learn the ropes on and experiment with. If anything the amount of pvp will go up.

I highly recommend getting one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Xebec shouldn't be allowed in PBs just like Hercules.

2. I'm ok with blueprint and craftable option. You could redeem 1 permit per day as example. Still can't trade/capture etc.

Agree Xebec should stay 5th rate, allow both in shallow but not in PB's and your fine wiht the balance and the 5-4th rate perks will tone them down form the other 6-7th rates in shallows.

I like the Blueprint thing cause I like ships like the LVG Refit, but i don't want  a stupid note I want the BP to build them where and how I want and when I want.  I think your onto something about doing a redeem of a permit to build them but make the rest of them craftable and you get the BP from the redeemable the first time or any time you delete and make a new char.

One of the biggest issues right now is they where saying they where going to balance out the other older in game ships and have yet to do so, so why would I use a H Rattler or Prince when I can use these ships in OW?

• Like 2

Just now, Palatinose said:

Am I correct that when using a pirate/elite pirate refit this ships doesn't get the main sail handicap as it doesn't have any? 

Exactly. In fact it seems to get a buff downwind since it increases your sail power, just jib sails are not as efficient downwind so the buff is smaller.

No downsides though. 

1 minute ago, Palatinose said:

Am I correct that when using a pirate/elite pirate refit this ships doesn't get the main sail handicap as it doesn't have any? 

With the right ship all sail force mods are broken (14% speedboost for pfrig) but hey just my opinion

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, z4ys said:

With the right ship all sail force mods are broken (14% speedboost for pfrig) but hey just my opinion

This seemed more fair. Lots of speed loss up wind. The le requin makes no sacrifice which is the problem.

12 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Lol this topic should be closed becouse some here are juat crying

Pirate rig is very effective becouse ship only has jibs.

They can nerf it but also return money too all who bought it

why? is the dlc conected to mods?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Lol this topic should be closed becouse some here are juat crying

Pirate rig is very effective becouse ship only has jibs.

They can nerf it but also return money too all who bought it

I'll shed some tears then: if we added a premium (imported) ship with a speed mod that is only usable by this ship and gives around 5% speed boost. Would you say this is a game breaking mechanic? 

Edited by Palatinose