Game-Labs Forum

Qustions on Fleets

melarky

Question

This is pretty basic I am sure but still wondering.

In PvE I know giving repairs to a fleet ship is useless. What about perks?

In combat, will an AI fleet ships tactics change based on armament? For instance if you gave it long guns will it just sit back and take pot shots? Or carronades will it try to get closer for better damage results?

It seems like the behavior of AI fleet captains is all over the place. Some do almost nothing. Others so much that they get in the way.

4 answers to this question

10 hours ago, melarky said:

This is pretty basic I am sure but still wondering.

In PvE I know giving repairs to a fleet ship is useless. What about perks?

In combat, will an AI fleet ships tactics change based on armament? For instance if you gave it long guns will it just sit back and take pot shots? Or carronades will it try to get closer for better damage results?

It seems like the behavior of AI fleet captains is all over the place. Some do almost nothing. Others so much that they get in the way.

AI Ships with carronades will try to stay closer, BUT… at this stage of AI they ignore angles and try to shoot whenever they have a chance, making carronades a lot less effective. As a result i think it is better to put long guns on AI vessels for general use or medium guns if you use ai to take down sails on enemies. (until angle calculations will be added to AI - which will happen after port ui and localization update). 

• Like 1

I found mediums seem to work best with ai if that is its perm job.  The only time I put other cannons on an ai ship is if it’s a back up taking to switch out too.

as for shipknowledge and I believe this goes for mods to no the AI doesn’t us them.  That is why ship knowledge is wiped if you switch to a fleet ship and have to be reset.

@admin will in the future I I’ll AI fleets use ship knowledge and mods we put in the ship?

8 hours ago, admin said:

angle calculations will be added to AI - which will happen after port ui and localization update

Please fix patrol zones RoE after UI - it's a really critical issue now and I hope one which can be addressed quickly.

Thanks for the replies. How about the perks? Do they apply?  I'm beginning to think not. Whenever I give perks to a boat and then send it to fleet, later when I send the ship back to docks the perks are gone.