Game-Labs Forum

Newbie clans

I think that this game is extremely hard for a new player and if a newbie doesnt connect with a clan in the first few hours of play they wont end up staying.

I would like to see either a default newbie clan that puts everyone together or an option for existing clans to be flagged for newbies that will automatically allow newbies to join them.

The latter option should be the most effective as it would allow newbie friendly clans to soak up newbs right away and show them the ropes.

15 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

This has been mentioned before, but honestly, if newbies were required to start on the PVE server, maybe for their 1st 3 ranks, they would learn a lot.

You would turn off some players by doing this, some newbs may get hooked by pvp.

I have suggested this before. Its not just for learning game features but it gives the new players a chance to connect with each other. Starting the game can be lonely and these clans could provide more content for our newbies, hopefully keeping them in the game longer.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Game would be better suited with a new player quest line that teaches them the ropes and then places them in a nation 

I like this idea. It would be hard to determine the criteria to suggest or place a newbie in a specific nation. Timezone and activity would probably be the best.

1 hour ago, Capn Rocko said:

I have suggested this before. Its not just for learning game features but it gives the new players a chance to connect with each other. Starting the game can be lonely and these clans could provide more content for our newbies, hopefully keeping them in the game longer.  

I get the lonely part. That is why I been keeping in contact with the few new players that even after that degen Raxious and pcp clan ganking outside Ct stick around I will message them every day to see how theyre doing and answer any questions they have. If they stick around long enough and show improvement I will send a clan invite.

• Like 1

I think the new player experience would benefit by doing something similar to what Planetside 2 does and have a small separate region(probably in the Pacific) that can be accessed only by players below a certain rank, but they have the freedom to stay or go straight to the the Atlantic until they reach that rank. They would only be able to choose between two factions while they're within that region since having all of the main nations is unnecessary and most would have no one playing them. The two factions would have a large safe zone for PvE, but could venture out and do PvP with the new players in the other faction. Perhaps they could also have port battles over a few ports. It would likely be too much for the devs to add at this point but I've seen a lot of games have a system like this and it works wonders for them. In a complicated game like NA, I think it would work here too.